Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Back in Time ❯ Back in Time chap.1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Peace Maker Kurogone or Rurouni Kenshin. I'm not making any money off of this, so don't sue me.

Title: Back in Time

Summery: Saitou(RK) Gets sent thrown back in time after the Shishio incident. Not only that, he finds himself in a different universe where the Battousai doesn't exist.

Author note: Some of the character may be OOC. I tried my best to keep them in character so don't kill me if they are a bit off.

'italic' - Thoughts

"." - Speaking

--------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------

"Damn it!" Sano yells. The large metal doors that blocked their way to freedom refused to budge. "If only my right hand wasn't broken, I'd take this door down in a second." He says in a mournful tone, looking down at his destroyed hand.

"Get out of the way, ahou." Saitou Hajime tells him from behind. Sano turns around to scream at the cop to back off, but restrains himself. Saitou drops into his Gatotsu stance one. Sano moves out of the way fast. "Saitou, with your legs hurt so badly, not even you ca-"

Saitou ignores the rooster-head and attacks the door with his Gatotsu. His sword rips threw the door, creating a hole large enough for them to pass through. "Get going." Aoshi walks through first, with Sano, who was still carrying Kenshin following soon after.

"Come on, psycho cop!" Sano yells. Saitou slowly limps towards the door, using his sword like a cane. Performing his Gatotsu reopening the crudely bandaged wounds on his legs. Before he can make it to the door, a huge fire ball comes from below, blowing a section of the bridge up. "Saitou!" Sano screams over the roar of the flames.

"Get going ahou, take the Battousai and get out of here." Saitou lights up a cigarette and takes a drag. Before he can exhale another fire ball hits the bridge, only this time it's the section he's standing on. "Saitouuu!" Sano desperately calls over the raging inferno. Aoshi places a hand on Sano's arm. "We must go." The fire recedes and Saitou is nowhere in sight. "He's gone, and if we stay here any longer the Battousai will be following him."

Aoshi and Sano turn and begin heading to the closes exit shown on the map Saitou had giving Aoshi.

----------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------

Saitou wakes up with a pounding headache. 'Where am I?' The always rational part of his mind demands. He opens one of his eyes and looks around quickly, trying to determent his location. Instead of finding himself at the bottom of Shishio's cave, he finds himself in someone's house. The sound of footsteps catches his attention, and he forces himself to his feet.

He looks down at himself for the first time since regaining conciseness. He didn't have his jacket or his shirt on, but his chest was wrapped in bandages. His deep leg wounds had also been cleaned and re-bandaged as well.

The door slides open and a young man with white hair enters. "Good to see your awake. But samurai or not, you shouldn't be on your feet, you have to give your body time to heal." Saitou decides to play along for now, not really sure of the situation, and sits back down on the futon. "Who are you, and where do you come from, samurai-san?"

"Tokyo." Saitou replies, his eyes never leaving the man before him. "Tokyo? Where is that?" The young man asks, confusion evident on his face. 'He doesn't know where Tokyo is?' "Sorry, I'm still a bit dazed. I'm from Edo." Saitou says, putting his Fujita face on. The white haired man nods. "Excuse me, I forgot to introduce myself, my name in Fujita Goro. The man who saved my life deserves to know my name. May I ask yours?"

The young man blushes slightly, not used to having someone older then him being polite. "oh, of course Fujita-san, my name is Suzu." The man bows and Saitou nods back. "Now that we know each other Suzu-san, where exactly am I?" "Were in Kyoto, Fujita-san."

'It's Impossible, everyone in Kyoto knows that Edo became Tokyo. Why is it that this person acts like the Bakumatsu has yet to happen?'

"-Miburo?" Saitou's eyes widen, he hadn't been paying attention to Suzu, but the last word he said caught his attention. "Sorry, I dozed off, could you repeat what you said?" Saitou asks, regaining his bearings.

"I asked if it was Miburo that did this to you." Saitou takes a few moments to reply, letting the information sink in. "No, it wasn't Miburo. It was a man named Makoto Shishio." "Gomen, I've never heard of this Shishio person, Fujita-san."

Saitou waves him off. "Don't worry about it Suzu-san. He caught me off guard. If we ever meet again, I'll be able to handle him myself" Suzu turns around and grabs something, from behind him. "Here Fujita-san, I found this sword near where we found you." Saitou accepts his sword without a word. "We didn't find your Wakizashi though."

"Don't worry about it, I didn't have one." Saitou tells him, placing his sword off to the side. More and more people could be heard walking around. "This place seems busy, what is it?"

"It's an antique shop." A voice from just beyond the closed door says. A man dressed in a black kimono, with long black hair opens the door and walks in. "Suzu, leave us." Suzu quickly raises and leaves the room, following his sensei's order , closing the door behind him. "Who are you?" Saitou drops his happy face, and opens his golden eyes.

"That depends, who are you?" The man frowns. "It's not polite to leave questions unanswered, especially when your talking to someone that saved your life." Saitou takes out a cigarette from his pocket and lights it with a match. "You heard every word that past between the two of us." Saitou tells him matter-of-factly.

"A warrior with that kind of intuition could be useful to us." Saitou blows out some smoke. "Us?" Not taking his eyes off the man in black he grabs his sword and stands up, ignoring the pain. "Me and Suzu are Ishin's." 'So they are Ishin. But what's going on? "I'll have to think about that. I'm not sure I'm up to joining you Ishin's just yet." Saitou tells the man in black. The man snorts. "Is it that? Or are you just afraid of the Miburo?" Saitou's eyes narrow as he drops his cigarette and crushes it under his boot..

"I don't fear the Wolves of Mibu. A predator doesn't fear other predators." Saitou's eyes lose their coldness as he resumes his facade. "I'll be taking my leave now Ishin-san, perhaps we'll meet again someday."

Saitou throws on his ripped and bloody jacket and heads for the door. "Here." the man in black throws an object Saitou's way. It lands by his feet. Saitou picks the object up, it's a blue and black kimono. "Arigatou." Saitou tells him before leaving.

Saitou changes into the kimono before leaving the store. He places his katana in the belt and heads out. He passes a woman carrying tea towards the room he just exited. 'A spy? Well, let the Ishin figure it out for themselves.'

------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------

"What do you have to report, Yamazaki?" Hijikata asks blowing smoke out of his mouth. "A new man has appeared at the Choshu hideout. He calls himself Fujita Goro. However it seems that he's not in with the Choshu, but calls himself a predator and claims not to fear Miburo. Other then this, I haven't been able to find out anything about him other then, the Choshu want him on their side."

"So we know nothing?" Hijikata hits his pipe and empties its contents. "I did find out where he is currently staying, where he is from and how he ended up at the Choshu hideout." "Tomorrow, find out all that you can about this man, and why the Choshu are so interested in him."

"Of course." The ninja tells the vice-chief. He slides the door shut and walks back to his room. Half way there, he stops and sighs. Following this guy wasn't a walk in the park. Just the little way to the hotel he was staying at. He had been almost found out three times.

'So the direct approach may be the only way to go. if he's so highly attuned to the roofs and alleys, maybe being on the ground will give me a better chance at trailing him.' Susumu looks around, it was already early morning, everyone was asleep. 'Well I guess that's my queue to get to bed as well.'

------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------

Gomen - Sorry

Arigatou - Thank you.

Sorry if I made any mistakes. Tell me about them. R&R.