Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Back in Time ❯ Back in Time chap.3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Peace Maker Kurogone or Rurouni Kenshin. I'm not making any money off of this, so don't sue me.

Title: Back in Time

Summery: Saitou(RK) Gets thrown back in time after the Shishio incident. Not only that, he finds himself in a different universe where the Battousai doesn't exist.

'italic' - Thoughts

"." - Speaking

Saitou (RK)

Saitoh (PMK)

------------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------------------------------------------

Saitou stares in shock at the man, that he thought was a woman. 'Okita...is it possible? Or did I just hear wrong?' Saitou asks himself in denial. "Hey you, your the new potential recruit, right?" Saitou jumps back, the other Saitou is standing just off to the side. "Yes I am, and you are?" Saitou asks hoping that he overheard wrong.

"Saitoh Hajime, and you?" He asks. "Fujita Goro." The two Satiou's stare at each other for a few moments. "I sense great shadows all around you, the black shadows are that of the dead, but I cannot make contact."

Saitoh puts his hand with the beads down and walks back toward Okita. "All right, lets get started, I'm interested in the outcome of this match." Kondou says. "So am I Kondou-san." Yamanami agrees. Hijikata says nothing from the other side of Kondou, watching "Fujita Goro" intently.

Sanosuke grabs a wooden spear and a bokken which he tosses to Saitou. "Lets start!" Sano yells as he spins the wooden spear over his head a few times before letting it rest under his arm. Saitou holds the bokken out in front of him, his thoughts, and gaze wondering over to Saitoh and Okita.

Sanosuke charges forward, making the first move. Saitou snaps his attention back to the fight, and brings his bokken up just in time to block a blow that was intended for his head. The weapons clash as both men fight to gain control. Saitou give in first and jumps to the side. 'He fights more like that ahou then a captain of the Shinsengumi.'

Saitou blocks out all the things that were distracting him. He drops down into his Gatotsu stance, the familiarity clears his mind. He holds the bokken's blade facing the wall rather then the ceiling. He charges at Sanosuke, and extends his left arm out in front of him, executing his Gatotsu.

On the other side, Sano brings his spear up and bats the bokken away, before sending the back end of the spear at Saitou's head. Saitou just manages to duck under the blow. Both Warriors jump back, neither wanting to stay in range of the other. Saitou gets back in his Gatotsu stance.

"Hey, you like that attack a lot don't you!" Sano calls to Saitou, while making sure to keep his guard up. Saitou doesn't reply, he just stares Sanosuke down. "Alright don't answer, it's fine, we should concentrate on the fight more anyways!" Sano runs forward, as soon as the last word leaves his mouth.

Sano spins the spear around at his side before attacking with a downward strike. Saitou quickly changes to a more defensive position blocks, both hands holding the base of the bokken, as the spear comes in contact with it. Saitou nearly loses his footing from the force of the blow, even on his weapon. 'I keep taking him lightly. But he's not the same Harada Sanosuke I once knew!'

Saitou jumps back, once again back out of the clash, Sano's spear hits the ground hard. He whips the spear to the side, while still low to the ground, trying to trip Saitou. Saitou easily steps back out of range. He wasn't going to hold back any longer, he once again assumes his Gatotsu position, only this time the sword is completely upside down, not just off to the side.

Saitou propels himself forward with his leg strength, faster then he had been moving before. Sanosuke barely gets his spear up in time to block the attack. The spear nocks the bokken away, but Saitou was planning on that. He plants his feet and changes his original attack into a horizontal one. The blade of the bokken smashes into Sano's side, sending him tumbling to the ground. Sano holds his side in pain for a moment, the hesitation on his part, gives Saitou the chance he needs to place the bokken at his throat.

The room goes quite, all the cheering stops. Chief Kondou recovers first. "Fujita Goro bests Harada Sanosuke." Saitou takes the bokken away from Sano's throat and offers a hand to Sano who accepts it and lets himself be pulled to his feet. Sano bows his head to Saitou congratulating him in his own way before heading over to the other two members of the comedian trio. 'Even if they are not the same as I remember...' Saitou thinks while watching Sanosuke bring the other two men out of there shock. 'Shinsengumi will always be Shinsengumi.'

The rest of the room follows in suit and recovers from there brief shock. The chief and the two vice-chiefs walk over to Saitou. "If you can handle killing men, becoming a demon, your welcome in the Shinsengumi." Kondou tells Saitou, neither of the vice-chiefs bring up an argument.

"I will be able to handle it." Kondou nods. "Then a uniform and swords will be provided for you. I am Chief Kondou and this is vice-chief Hijikata and vice-chief Yamanami." Saitou bows his head to each of them." Kondou pats him on the shoulder and starts to leave. Blood was one his hand. "You should see Ayu-nee she'll patch you up." The Shinsengumi begin to file out of the dojo after the three commanders exit.

Before long the only ones left in the dojo are the comedian trio. "You shouldn't go so easy on the new recruits, you know Sano." Nagakura Shinpachi, captain of the second squad says. Sano gets a little red on the cheeks. "I was fighting seriously at the end, after his first attack, and the way he blocked mine I knew I had to go all out." "But Sano, everyone besides Hijikata-san, Okita-san, and Saitoh-san have a lot of trouble fighting you. He took you out without that much difficulty."

Sano scratches his chin. "I know and all he did was the same move over and over again." The third member of the comedian trio speaks up. "Ah well, I'll get him next time, besides I'm hungry, lets eat!"

------------------------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------------------------

"Arigatou, Ayu-nee." Saitou tells the woman who changed his bandages and cleaned his wounds. "Don't mention it Fujita-san, it's part of my job." She tells him.

Saitou raises from the floor carefully, making sure not to jar any of his injuries and reopen them again. "Fujita-san," Ayu-nee calls before the door slices shut. "Few people can best a Wolf of Mibu at 100%, but you did it while injured, take pride in that."

Saitou finishes closing the door and heads for the large sleeping room, for all non squadron leaders. 'This Shinsengumi isn't so bad, but I still wander who that purple haired women, the other me was with?'

The sound of a twig shaping catches his attention. A young man dressed as a ninja walks towards him. "I see you decided to join the Shinsengumi. I heard you fought and beat the captain of the 10th squad."

"Hn. I have nothing to say to an inexperienced spy. Go away Ahou." Saitou continues heading towards his sleeping quarters. 'Tomorrow I become Shinsengumi again.' Saitou looks up at the stars. 'I wander, does the Battousai even exist here. No matter. If he does, I'll be sure to kill him this time around.'

--------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------

Sorry for not updating in a long time, i actually had this typed up on Monday, but I got sidetracked before I could upload it. And I haven't had the time to really get on the computer till now to upload it.

secretarytocapt3- Well I hope your enjoying it so far.

BarbaraSheridan- Sorry you couldn't finish, I like the third person as well, I'm just not overly good at writing in it yet.

Blue_Phoenix4- Thanks, and here the next chapter for ya, I'll try to get the next one out faster.

A-chan- here's the next chapter. And yes, Harada Sanosuke is in this chapter, and will be in the story more. And Saizo will make an appearance either in the next chapter or the one after it.

Justice Stryfe- Justice! It's been a while. I hope I haven't kept you waiting to long. BTW are you still working on your story? I hope so, It's one of my favorites.