Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Blasphamy ❯ A Normal Day? ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This is the disclaimer. Technically these characters are the copyrighted property of Nobuhiro Watsuki. So I do not own them and I make no money from writing this. Yet, I own the variants which make their appearances in this. So don't use them without my permission
 
A Normal Day?
Part 1
 
A normal high school.
A normal day.
Or so you think.
 
It is about a week until the end of the year for the seniors at Kamiya high school. More specifically, it is about five minutes before the assembly dealing with the aspects of the graduation ceremony and what will follow it. And right now there is a commotion happening outside one of the dressing rooms behind the auditorium.
 
 
“Kenshin! Hurry up in there,” Kaoru shouts to the person behind the locked door, “The assembly starts in five minutes.”
“I am not coming out!” is the reply of Kenshin from behind the door.
“Why? You have to come out. As president of the senior class, it is your responsibility to lead these assemblies.”
“I am not coming out dressed like this, and that is final!” Kenshin shouts. “And why am I the senior president when you are the daughter of the principle!”
“You seemed more qualified for it,” Kaoru replies. “Besides how bad can you look?”
“O, so it can't be that bad!” Kenshin shouts as he throws the door wide open to reveal that he is dressed in a girl's sailor uniform. “Do you really think that I will be seen in public wearing this!”
“Why are you wearing that,” Kaoru says trying unsuccessfully to stifle a laugh.
“Well, I didn't have any other clothes.”
“What about the ones you had before changing?” Kaoru asks.
“They vanished! I bet it was either Sano or Yahiko, or both of them more likely that did it.”
 
At this point Kaoru looks at her watch and starts to panic. “Well it's too late to do anything about it now. You have to be on stage in less then two minutes.”
“I already told you,” Kenshin starts as he shuts the door, “I am not coming out.”
“Too bad!”
Kaoru grabs the door before it is fully shut and slams it open, pulling Kenshin with it. “We are going now.” She says as she drags him form the room.
 
 
In the auditorium the entire senior class awaits their absent president, some more anxiously then others.
“Do you think that it will actually work,” Yahiko asks Sanosuke.
“Aw come on Yahiko,” Sanosuke replies. “You know Kenshin better then anyone, he will wear that sailor suit for the fact that that will be all he has to wear.”
“I guess your right, so tell me exactly why we did this again.”
“It is solely for fun,” Sanosuke replies frustratingly, “and to get Kenshin to gain a sense of humor, he's far too serious for the present.”
“Well I just hope he shows up.”
“Don't worry about that,” Sanosuke says slyly. “I sent Kaoru to get him.”
 
 
With the anticipation growing, Kaoru arrives with Kenshin and promptly throws him onto the stage. “Hey, curtain guys; hurry, before he can run away, raise the curtains!”
 
The curtain rises and a hushed silence falls over the crowd. All they see is a podium and no president.
“O for love of...” Kaoru says as she sees Kenshin hiding behind the podium. “You over there, give me something to throw.”
 
“There is no way I am going to let the entire class see me like this,” Kenshin thinks to himself. “Now, how do I get off the stage without anyone seeing me?” Then, without warning, a bucket flies from off stage and hits Kenshin square in the side of the head, knocking him out into the open.
 
The silence retains, for a moment as the class sees their president dressed in drag. A whole section of the auditorium breaks out in laughter, shattering the silence. The rest of the auditorium follows in suite.
“See Yahiko,” Sanosuke shouts. “I told you he would show up wearing it!”
 
Kenshin is frozen on the stage. “This is quite possibly the most humiliating thing that has ever happened to me.” He says softly to himself as he turns away from the podium and walks off the stage.
 
 
“I can't believe you did that to me Kaoru,” Kenshin states as he gets into his car at the end of the day. “I mean, throwing me one stage wasn't bad enough, you had to throw a bucket at my head to.”
“Well.....” Kaoru begins to reply, getting in Kenshin's car as well.
“And don't think I've forgotten who were the masterminds behind this today,” Kenshin says to Yahiko and Sanosuke as they were piling into the back of his car.
“It was too much of an opportunity to let it slip by,” Sanosuke replies.
“Come on, you have to say it was hilarious,” Yahiko says as well.
“Yahiko you are the one who is supposed to keep Sano in line, not let him do these sort of things,” Kenshin states to Yahiko.
“Well, it wasn't that bad at least,” Kaoru says.
“Yeah,” Kenshin states infuriated, “it was worse. People took pictures and pasted them all over the school. My school life is ruined.”
 
The ride from school passes without any further conversations. Soon Kenshin pulls over in front of an apartment complex which Kaoru, Sano, and Yahiko call home.
“Here you all are,” Kenshin says. “Now get out, I don't ever want to see or hear from you ever again!”
“You don't mean that do you.” Kaoru says as she loses control of her eyes and starts to cry.
 
Kenshin offers no reply; instead he simply drives off and leaves them all standing at the curb.
 
“Hey Sano,” Yahiko says. “Do you think that we went too far on him today?”
“I think so.”
“Kenshin!” Kaoru shouts in a crying fit.
 
 
A little while later, as he is turning onto a busy highway as a short-cut to his home, Kenshin is hit big time by the guilt of what he just did to his friends. “Of all the things I could have done, why did I just leave.”
A few impacts with his head to the steering wheel clear up his mind.
“I have to go back and apologize. Curse me and my morals.”
 
As he starts heading toward the nearest exit off of the highway, the unexpected happens. A large tanker truck loses control of its steering and plows through the central median and crashes head-on into another tanker truck causing a major explosion. Chunks of truck, road, and cars go flying everywhere, Destruction and death is rampant.
 
“Ah crap,” Kenshin exclaims as he frantically swerves around dodging flying cars and rubble. “I can't die here, not now.” After a few moments though, a sense of hopelessness washes over Kenshin.
“Guys. I'm sorry for all I did today. Forgive me!”
 
A few more agonizing moments pass as Kenshin tries to fight his fate. But it is for naught. A car comes flying straight at him.......