Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Blasphamy ❯ Dream of Another Day ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This is the disclaimer again. The original characters my characters are based off of are copyrighted by one Nobuhiro Watsuki. I write this solely for the purpose of writing and having others enjoy it.
 
Dream of Another Time
Part 2
 
Across an eternal expanse of nothingness, an eternal whiteness. A conscious slowly begins to stir.
“Where am I?” Kenshin asks. “What happened?”
He looks around and slowly begins to come to terms with his present position. “What is going on here? Am I dead?
 
 
Time passes. He doesn't know how much, but to him, it feels like an eternity has passed.
“Is this death? Because if it is it sucks.”
 
 
Kenshin thinks over all the events which have led up to this point. “If I knew this was how I would end up spending eternity, I would have at least brought something to read with me. I should have been nicer to Kaoru. And I should have learned to lighten up some to enjoy Yahiko and Sano's jokes and pranks. There are so many things I should have done.”
 
More time passes, and yet, the blank whiteness retains.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Nothingness pertains.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Eventually, a shadow appears far in the distance. Kenshin is pulled by an unknown force and the shadow grows larger. Soon Kenshin is close enough to see that it is not a shadow; that it is , in fact, a cities landscape. Then suddenly, Kenshin finds himself in the middle of a village. The buildings all around him are burning with roaring flames and bodies lie everywhere. He hears a commotion making its way toward him as he rushes to a pile of unlit rubble.
 
A solitary figure emerges from the flame and darkness, his face is obscured by shadows, but on thing is vivid and unmistakable. A cross shaped scar on the figure's left cheek.
 
As Kenshin stares at this mysterious figure, dozens of other figures disassemble themselves from the shadows.
“BattÅsai! Your time has come!” one of the figures shouts.
“Yeah, your death shall be at the hands of us of the Black Lotus assassins!” another pronounces.
“Do what you will; but know that you will not live to see it fulfilled.” the BattÅsai replies.
“You impudent whelp! You are outnumbered and still you insult us!” a third member shouts.
“I insult you not, I just state the truth.”
“I don't think he is in the least bit scared of us.” The members of the Black Lotus state among themselves. How can that be, our mere presence would cause the shogun to beg for mercy.”
“Forget it! Men to arms!”
One member throws a smoke bomb and lashes out a BattÅsai. As the smoke starts to clear the assassin is standing. Then, in a shower of blood, his body falls apart to pieces.
“Men, I want his head!”
 
In a span of ten more seconds, the entirety Black Lotus assassins are dead.
 
“I warned them that this was how it would end,” he says as he surveys the destruction he caused. Then he sees the reflection of the flames on Kenshin's eyes. “You over in the shadows, come out now or I shall be forced to kill you as well!”
 
 
Fearing for his life, Kenshin follows the orders. And walks out from behind the rubble and gazes upon his murderer. But as his eyes rise to this person's, he is hit by a sensation of realization. Apparently, his assailant is hit by the same feeling, for as they look at each others face, they see that the other is an exact twin of the other.
 
“Boy, for what you have seen, I must kill you. I take no pleasure in this but it must be done.” the BattÅsai states.
“Kenshin.”
“What?” the BattÅsai asks.
“My name,” Kenshin replies. “Kenshin Himura.”
 
A moment passes with neither of then talking or making any movement. Then the assassin breaks the silence.
“Boy.........Kenshin, leave now.” He states as he turns and vanishes into the darkness. Yet, Kenshin is able to hear the final words his mysterious doppelganger says. “He looks exactly like me, and has my name, this can't be coincidence.
 
As Kenshin stands there in the light he sets his mind into action, trying to figure out what just transpired there. After a few moments, Kenshin feels a familiar feeling. The scenery starts to fade once again, and Kenshin is once again plunged into the white nothingness. But as soon as the nothingness engulfs him a shadow appears ahead of him and is rapidly moving toward him.