Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Bound ❯ What Happens Now? ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


*********************************

Disclaimer: I don't own anything that has to do with RK.

Summery: Here's what Tomoe feels toward Kenshin after they are married, before her tragic fate.

Italics- someone's thoughts

Bound

Chapter 1: What Happens Now?

The ceremony was completed and now she was bound to this man. The Hitokiri Battousai a killer of many. Yet somehow she seemed to be drawn to him by some force deep inside her. She didn't know what it was, but something told her that maybe she could be happy with him. Even though he was the one who killed Akira, her husband to be, and now she had married this killer, who took his life away. She looked at him, but her face didn't reveal her thoughts. Her emotions raging in her mind, but her face remained blank as it usually did.

Kenshin turned to her and offered his hand. She took it without any hesitation, and proceeded with him out the door. It was starting to get pretty dark since the sun had set and the moon was just coming out. They walked for a long way and soon stopped at their destination. A small house that was a bit worn down, a porch that sagged at the end, but to her the fact that no one was close by, both excited and saddened her. Kenshin led her to the door and slid it open. Upon entering, she was slightly surprised that a lamp was burning in the center of the room, lighting up a futon and what little furniture was also in the room. Kenshin slid the door behind them, securing them into the house so they would not be disturbed. She remained silent and stood where she was, not knowing what to do.

Kenshin turned to her, looking into her eyes. Her eyes were ebony, soft and gentle, but still held determination to them. He examined her features, starting from the top of her head to end with her feet. She was a little perturbed by his actions, but didn't show him anything.

'Why is he looking at me like that? His eyes look as if they are sizing me up. Like they are hungry for something.' Tomoe thought. 'He can't be thinking that way? Can he? What if that was the only reason he married me? Only to use my body as he pleases, whenever he wants! But no one would question him, or know for that matter, we're to far away for anyone to hear. Is that why he brought me up here?'

Tomoe's mind was still racing with questions as Kenshin took a step forward towards her. She snapped out it and glanced at how much distance was between them before returning her eyes to his, trying to ask him a silent question with her eyes. Instead of answering her silent question, he quickly closed the gap that was between them and stood right in front of her. His mouth parted, and she could feel his hot breath escape his lips. She dared a quick glance at his lips and then turned her eyes away completely from him. She gazed at the floor, until she felt Kenshin's hand caress her cheek. Quickly she turned to face him, and now allowed her face to contort into a questioning gaze. Kenshin moved his hand down until it rested on her shoulder.

"We should get ready to sleep. It's getting quite late and you must be tired from the walk up here." He said and released her from his eyes. He turned to one of the cupboards and brought out two yukatas, one for each of them. He brought one over to her and she took it from him. Moving away from her a bit Kenshin turned to face the wall and proceeded to change. She stood in the spot she was and watched for a few seconds before she turned around herself. She quickly removed her clothes and started to put on the yukata when she felt a pair of eyes watching her. Pulling it up quickly she closed it and tied the sash securely.

'He was watching me,' she thought still facing the wall. 'I guess I'll have to become accustomed to having him watch me dress and undress. It is a husband's right to see what belongs to him although I only hope he doesn't wish to view all that he owns.' Her last thought caused her to shudder. She knew that the time would eventually come when he would look at her in every way there was possible. However, she hoped he would not want to right at this moment in time. She didn't even know him that well yet. The thought of them sharing a bed together and connecting in the physical sense, unnerved her to the soul. She only prayed that he felt the same way.

'How can he think the way I do when we are nothing alike, and he looks at me as if he would like to devour me until there is nothing left to devour.' She thought of the way his eyes looked earlier. 'Well, I better face him instead of letting him take me by surprise.'

She turned around slowly and took in what he looked like. Kenshin had his yukata on by now and allowed her to notice how she thought he looked. His features were youthful except for the scar running from his cheekbone to the corner of his mouth. He wasn't bad to look at, no not at all. Kenshin was one of the most handsome men she had ever seen. But right now even though he still looked radiant, she saw how his eyes were wandering over her form yet again.

'She looks so beautiful and pure and now I am married to her and have her to myself,' he thought. 'No one is around to hear or interrupt us and I wish it would stay that way.'

Kenshin now moved toward her with a liquid-like grace that allowed him not to make a sound. He stood in front of her and took her hand and led her to the futon. Her feet replied to him more than her own mind, and she began to assume what he was thinking to do to her.

She saw him lower himself then felt as he tugged on her hand and she lowered herself to join him. It seemed to her that her mind and body were no longer connected. Her mind screaming warnings that he would take her soon and remove her innocence forever, he would taint her. Her body on the other hand responded to Kenshin's every touch. She was now lying down on the futon with his face not too far away from her own. He leaned in towards her, his breath caressing her skin. She felt the space between them closing as his mouth came down to lightly touch her lips. It was a soft, gentle kiss, their lips not making full contact yet.

Tomoe didn't resist him and slowly kissed him back. After all she was his, and even though she loved him she knew that her love was also a product of guilt and loneliness. Their kiss ended and she let out the breath she didn't realize she had been holding in. She opened her eyes and met a pair of deep violet ones. A fire seemed to burn within their depths, a fire that seemed to be filled with passion and longing. It frightened her to see him like this, even though she knew who and what he was, she had never seen the passion in his eyes this close before.

His hand moved up and caressed her other cheek, the one that he had neglected before. Soon his hand traveled down to her neck and teased her senses with his soft touch. He slowed his touch and began to travel even lower. She began to panic inside and it showed in her face. Although Kenshin was too wrapped up in his caresses to notice the fear that filled her eyes as he trailed his fingers lower and lower.
**************************************************
A cliffhanger, I know I'm evil, but I want to leave you all hanging for a bit. So please review and let me know what you think.

*~ Hells-Angel8~*