Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Changing ❯ Haunted ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Changing

By: AnimeKrazy

Disclaimer: I do not own RK

Chapter 4 - Haunted

Saitou stood, an amused glint in his eyes, smoking his cigarette.

"Now that was the completely the most idiotic thing you could have done! Do you want to die or something?" Kaoru growled.

"I seriously doubt you could kill me."

"Jeez, if I wanted to kill you, I could have stabbed you or something already. But I need to know. Even at that, I wouldn't have succeeded," she muttered. Then she raised her head to meet his eyes, "You're not telling me everything about Kayo Andrews. And if I leave Tokyo I need to know about him!"

"..."

"Now Hajime Saitou! NOW!"

The chilly air blew around them, sending shivers up Sanosuke's spine. It was so, so... so different and scary to see his Jou-chan so serious.

"Kayo Andrews is very dangerous. He has done stuff that is physically impossible for a human to do. He is also mentally unstable," Saitou said very quietly.

After a moment Kaoru nodded, whispering her thanks. Then she smirked, "Now... That wasn't so hard... Was it?" She quickly walked away, but not before mouthing something to Saitou.

Kenshin briefly thought about telling Saitou to leave but quickly caught a breath when he saw Kaoru come out.

She was dressed in her regular training kimono, her hair up tight into a ponytail. Her mother's katana gleamed like silver in the moonlit field as she charged at Saitou.

Wait, as she charged at Saitou!?

Shit.

It took couple of seconds for that to engrave that into everyone's mind as Kaoru exchanged blows with Saitou.

Saitou seemed, well, amused at the least. He was still chewing on his cigarette but it was obvious that he was impressed with her.

Kaoru tried every move that Yahiko had ever seen to those of more complicated moves that he had never seen before. But from the beginning it was obvious who was the better fighter.

"Maybe you should quit," Saitou smirked as Kaoru breathed heavily.

"Go to hell," she hissed.

Everyone let out a surprised gasp at her swearing.

Oh Mother. Father. Someone help me!! Kaoru thought.

Saitou spit out his cigarette and charged at her.

"Run, Kaoru!!" Yahiko screamed. There was the `clash' and `clang' of swords beating against each other. Sparks flew in the air and that was proof alone that Kaoru was still alive.

Then they saw something that surprised everyone. She was hesitating.

"Dammit Busu! Hit him!!" Yahiko yelled.

"Don't you think that's what I want to do? Kamiya Kasshin Ryu is defensive! I tried all offensive I could think of him! And stop the swearing! Aren't you guys supposed to be hiding?" Kaoru yelled back just as loud.

Yahiko was about to yell back something smart but Sanosuke put a warning hand on his shoulder.

"Stop distracting her. You're literally gonna get her killed."

"Tanuki. Stop hesitating. There is no way you can hurt me," Saitou smirked at her.

Saitou broke the last string of restraint that Kaoru had on herself. Kaoru gripped her katana so tightly that her knuckles were going white.

"I'm not capable of hurting you Mibu's Wolf? You must be dreaming. You must remember. Remember the Bakamatsu..." came a haunting voice from Kaoru. The voice, it was so unlike Kaoru but so like her voice at the same time, it was confusing.

Then Kaoru began to walk away from them, leading them to a tree. The trunk was very thick, and even Sanosuke wouldn't have been able to fully put his arms around it.

Kaoru stopped in front of it, held the sword high up in the air.

"One thousand claws," she whispered before she disappeared. Then she quickly appeared again, on the other side of the tree.

She got up slowly, and grinning at the awed look on their faces, whispered, "Don't look up."

As soon as she said that, sawdust began to rain down. It was so well grinding it was soft as snow.

"Who are you?" Kenshin asked suddenly.

"Why, I'm Kaoru Kamiya. Don't you remember?" She asked in a pouting voice.

"The hell! You some ghost or something Jou-chan?" Sanosuke asked.

"There's no such thing as ghosts! She must be having a mental failure!" Megumi quickly stated.

Kaoru looked at Megumi and smirked at her. She opened her mouth to say something but it snapped shut, and as she dropped her katana, she fell to the ground.

<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~< ~>~

"Kaoru?"

I could hear voice calling me. I tried to open my eyes but they were too heavy. Then a warm hand grabbed my own.

"Squeeze my hand with all the energy you have if you're awake," a female voice told me. I squeezed it; at least I thought I did. Megumi proved me wrong.

"Nope. She's not awake," Megumi whispered.

After a moment of silence I could hear the baka tori-atama asking Kenshin, "Did you teach her Hiten Metsurugi style to her? "

"No."

Why can't I move? My arms are aching. My legs are aching. My head hurts!

"Did you see her move!? I always thought Kamiya Kasshin Ryu was weak but after I saw her do that it was so cool! But the tree killing move... That is totally awesome!!!" Yahiko shouted.

Everyone shushed him.

I smiled. Wait. What tree-killing move?

"The so-called `tree-killing' move is not part of the Kamiya Kasshin Ryu. That move, I never saw it before but I saw something just like it, but weaker. But, how would Kamiya know about it?" Aoshi's voice cut through the air.

I was really frustrated! No one would say anything after that so I even swore to make them pay attention to me.

"Dammit, what tree-killing move?" I groaned out.

That took more effort then it was supposed to because all I remember next is the color black.

<*~*>*~*<*~*>*~*<*~*>*~*<*~*>*~*<*~*& gt;

"Where am I?" I softly asked myself.

"Kaoru-chan?"

I turned at the soft voice. There was shadow of two people. One looked strangely like... Father?

I began to run quickly. I did not want to miss this chance of seeing him again.

Dream or not.

! *! *! *! *! *! *! *! *! *! *! *! *! *! *! *!

My Babbling: Yes. The title is stupid. But I couldn't think of anything better! I changed the Genre to Action/Adventure/Supernatural. Well, what did you think of it? Yes, this is a shorter chapter but it has to do with the story. Just trust me! Please? I like critiques, especially from other writers to help me with what I should write. I still count myself as a novice! Anyways, if you like Inuyasha, check out my story Which Brother? Or my Spirited Away story, Dreams Are Forever. I count them to be fairly good stories.

I will update when I have 40 reviews... Aren't I evil!?

I'm looking for a beta-reader!! Is anyone available?