Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Cry ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I own nothing!!!!! The song is Cry by Faith Hill

What would happen if Misao was frustrated and angry with Aoshi for being so darn composed all the time? She cries over him, so why can't he cry for her? I was listening to music while reading AxM fanfiction, and this idea popped into my head. I'm rather proud of it. Hope you enjoy it! ^_^

_________________________________________________________

Misao kept up hr smiling facade until she closed the door of the temple, but once she was out of sight of Aoshi-sama the smile fell, revealing angry frustration. She stormed down the stairs and stomped off toward the Aoiya, thoughts focused on a certain stubborn Okashira meditating in the temple behind her. She was tired of his refusal to show, or even admit to, pain and she was sick of lying awake at night thinking about him!

>>>If I had just one tear running down your cheek

>>>Maybe I could cope maybe I'd get some sleep

>>>If I had just one moment at your expense

>>>Maybe all my misery would be well spent...

*Oh Aoshi-sama...why can't you just get over it! I cried when I heard about Hannya and Shikijou and the others! I cry myself to sleep almost every night! Why can't you? If you would just cry...if I could just see one tear to let me know you're still human...*

>>>Yeah...Could you cry a little

>>>Lie just a little

>>>Pretend that you're feeling a little more pain

>>>I gave now I'm wanting something in return

>>>So cry just a little for me...

Tears burned in her eyes as she remembered all of the broken promises, all of the pain he caused her. Scenes passed before her eyes...a younger Aoshi promising Misao-chan that he would never leave her...Misao waking a year later to find him gone, possibly forever...hearing that the other members of the Oniwabanshuu were dead and that Aoshi wanted to kill Himura...Aoshi, standing over Okina's bleeding body and telling her that he never wanted to see her again...Aoshi in the temple, ignoring her, refusing the comfort she could give him.... Her lips twisted in a bitter smile as she wished that she could make him feel the pain she felt.

>>>If your love could be caged, honey I would hold the key

>>>And conceal it underneath the pile of lies you handed me

>>>And you'd hunt those lies

>>>They's be all you'd ever find

>>>And that'd be all you'd have to know

>>>For me to be fine...

Misao stared up at the sky and thought about all the times she'd tried to reach out to that icicle of an Okashira, and promised herself that she would stop. She'd given all she could, now it was his turn to give back.

>>>Yeah...And you'd cry a little

>>>Die just a little

>>>And baby I would feel just a little less pain

>>>I gave now I'm wanting something in return

>>>So cry just a little for me

Night. Misao stood on the porch of the Aoiya looking up at the stars., Her head snapped around as she heard a footstep and she locked eyes with Aoshi, returning from the temple. She unconsciously shrank back against the wall at the arctic coldness in his blue eyes. Eyes that told her to go away, and not bother him again. He walked past her through the door and she sank to the floor, biting down on her knuckle to hold back a sob. Her traitorous eyes burned and she unsuccessfully tried to blink back tears.

>>>Give it up baby

>>>I hear your goodbye

>>>Nothings gonna save me

>>>I can see it in your eyes

>>>Some kind of heartache

>>>Darling give it a try

>>>I don't want pity

>>>I just want what is mine...

Misao lost her battle against her tears and her shoulders shook with sobs. Why should *she* always be the one to cry over *him*? Why can't *he* cry for once? She tried desperately to hate him...for all the pain, all the worrying, the sleepless nights. She cried harder as she found that she *couldn't* hate him, no matter how hard she tried. Her feelings ran too deep for that.

>>>Yeah...Could you cry a little

>>>Lie just a little

>>>Pretend that you're feeling a little more pain

>>>I gave now I'm wanting something in return

>>>So cry just a little for me...

Inside Aoshi sank to the floor, unknowingly sitting back-to-back with Misao through the wall. He buried his head in his hands...

>>>Yeah...Cry just a little for me...

...And a single tear ran down his cold cheek.

>>>Oh, cry just a little for me...

~~Owari~~

______________________________________________________________< /div>

How'd you like it? I personally love fics where they actually get together, but I just couldn't pass this one up. I love it, and I want to know what you think!! So please Review and Tell me!!! Thanks! Ja ne!