Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Do it with a smile -^_^- ❯ greetings ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Yahiko strided down the street, looking slightly disappointed, "Jeez, are all the store closed tonight?" True, it was quite dark, but for some reason there weren't many people out... It wasn't THAT late... Was it? "Aw man... Kaoru's gonna kill me!"

"Excuse me..." Suddenly he felt slender fingers grasped his shoulders from behind, Yahiko, a bit startled, slowly turned to see who it was. It was a young boy slightly taller than himself, with short brown hair and a smiling face.

"Yes? What do ya want?" asked Yahiko patiently.

"I wanted to know if you could possibly give me the directions to the.... Kamiya... Kamiya Dojo, is it called?"

"Oh, well you're in luck, I live there. Come on.." Yahiko walked along, hearing the other's foot steps trotting at his side. He felt slightly curious of this boy... "Hey.... Why do you want to go there anyway?"

The boy looked to him smiled, leaving Yahiko to wonder if he ever opened his eyes... "I heard Mr. Kenshin Himura lived there...."

"I see... So you have business with Kenshin?"

"....I guess you could say that."

Silence fell upon them as everything they had said fed Yahiko's suspicion... 'He must be after Kenshin! But wait... He doesn't have a weapon on him... Who is this guy anyway? Does Kenshin know him?'

All along the way, neither of them spoke, until they reached the large gates of the Dojo.

"You first," Yahiko insisted.

The boy bowed to him, then pushed through the gates. Yahiko followed, making sure there was a good distance between them.

"Hey, Kaoru! I'm back, and I got a visitor!" he shouted. A minute after, a woman dressed in a pink kimono ran up to them, greeting them with a smile.

"Who is this person, Yahiko?" Asked Kaoru, as she looked the new boy up and down slowly. He looked pretty harmless, and real friendly...

"Um... Funny you ask.. I don't know myself..." Yahiko sighed pathetically, wishing he had asked of the boy's name before.

The boy bowed to both of them, "I'm sorry, it was very rude of me not to introduce myself.... My name is Soujiro."

"Nice name, mine Kaoru, and that's Yahiko!" Kaoru smiled brightly, then frowned when she saw that Yahiko had come home empty handed. "Yahiko!!" she growled, "I thought I sent you to go buy food to eat tonight!!"

"Hey, wait a second! Don't get angry at me, Ugly! The stores were all closed!" He waved his hands defensively.

"Oh... WHAT DID YOU CALL ME?!?!"

"You heard me!"

Soujiro smiled gently, waiting for the two to finish arguing... However, by the looks of things... It might take awhile. The two were just flying works back and forth until Mr.Yahiko went too far and... Ms.Kaoru now chases him around the dojo..... "They forgot about me quickly." He mused, placing a hand on his chin thoughtfully. "Maybe I'll just have to let myself in, then..."

The former samurai boy stepped onto the wooden floor of the clean dojo. "So this is where Mr.Himura lives." He said absent mindedly, now wandering the corriders. As he approached the backyard, the sharp snap of a clean cloth reached his ears. Opening his eyes for the first time that day, he peeked to see a figure slumped over and doing laundry.

"Yahiko, is that you?" Asked Kenshin, his back turned to Soujiro as he stooped over to grab another clean cloth to hang and dry.

"We meet again, Mr.Himura." Soujiro smiled brightly, as Kenshin whirled around in surprise.

"Oh, it's only you Souji..... ORO?!?! What are you doing here?!"

Soujiro laughed as Kenshin dropped the wet shirt he was about to hang.