Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Have I told you lately? ❯ Kenshin's proposal ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Have I told you lately that I love you?

A Kenshin and Kaoru Romance one shot fic by Kchan88


Kenshin and Kaoru were sitting quietly together by the lake near the dojo. Kaoru had her head on Kenshin's shoulder and Kenshin had Kaoru's
hand in his. They were just sitting, enjoying each other's company, and the love they felt.

"Kenshin can you believe that its been two years since we first met?" asked Kaoru.

Kenshin looked into Kaoru's blue eyes and smiled.

"Time really has flown. It seems like just yesterday that I met you in the streets of Tokyo, with a bokken in your hand." Kenshin said, a sly grin appearing on his handsome face.

Kaoru laughed softly.

"Sorry about that. But you have to admit, the look on your face was funny."

"Oro." said Kenshin shaking his head.

Kenshin felt his stomach turning in knots. He was planning to propose to Kaoru today. That was why he had taken her to the lake. But he was just so nervous.

"Kaoru, do you know how much I love you?" Kenshin asked quietly.


'Have I told you lately that I love you?
Have I told you that there's no one else above you?
Fill my heart with gladness, take away all my sadness,
Ease my troubles, that's what you do.'


Kaoru looked up at her beloved Kenshin and smiled.

"I think I know, but why don't you show me?" she said with a sparkle in her eye.

Kenshin laughed as he pulled her to him, and they kissed.

When they broke apart, they both had big smiles on their faces.

"Kaoru, I don't know what I'd do without you. You are the light of my life. I love you so much." he said as he ran his fingers through her long raven ponytail.

"I love you to Kenshin." said Kaoru, nuzzling her head into Kenshin's shoulder.

Kenshin could smell the scent of jasmine in her hair.

'For the morning sun in all it's glory,
meets the day with hope and comfort to,
You fill my life with laughter, some how you make it better,
Ease my troubles that what you do.'

"Kaoru, when I first met you, you said that you didn't care about my past at all. You didn't care who I had been. You always bring a smile to my face.
If it weren't for you, I wouldn't be alive. You have given me a chance for a new life, and provided me with the will to live." said Kenshin, squeezing her hand.

"Kenshin I will always love you for who you are, and I always have. That will never change." said Kaoru, squeezing his hand in return.


'There's a love less defined,
and its yours and it s mine,
like the sun
and at the end of the day
we should give thanks an pray,
to the one , to the one'

Kenshin reached into the sleeve of his gi, and pulled out a small box.

"Kaoru, there is something I need to ask you. I love you more than anything, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

Kaoru, held her breath, and a warm glow came to her eyes. Was he going to propose?

'Have I told you lately that I love you?
Have I told you there's no one else above you?
Fill my heart wiht gladness, take away all my sadness
Ease my troubles, that's what you do.
There's a love less defined,
and its yours and its mine,
Like the sun.
And at the end of the day,
We should give thanks and pray,
To the one, to the one'


Kenshin opened the box to reveal a very pretty diamond ring.

"Kaoru wil you marry me?" he asked with a question in his eyes.

Kaoru gasped, then wrapped her arms around Kenshin in a passionate embrace.

"Of course I'll marry you. Its what I've always wanted. I love you Kenshin!!" said, Kaoru, happier than she had ever been.

Kenshin smiled and returned her embrace.

"And I love you my darling Kaoru." he said his violet eyes alight with happiness.

'Have I told you lately that I love you?
Have I told you there's no one else above you?
Fill my heart with gladness, take away all my sadness,
Ease my troubles, that's what you do.'


The happy couple sat in silence for a few moments, just holding each other, their hair blowing in the slight breeze.
Kenshin kissed Kaoru gently and she smiled at him, in total bliss.

"I can't wait to tell everybody about our engagement Kenshin, they'll be so happy." she said.

"I can't wait either. I can't wait to see the looks on Sano and Yahiko's faces." he said laughing.

'Fill my heart with gladness,take away all my sadness,
ease my troubles, thats what you do'

"I love you Kenshin." said Kaoru, running her hands through Kenshin's fiery red mane.

"And I love you to, my beautiful Kaoru." he said as he picked her up in his arms and walked back to the dojo.