Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Her ❯ Spies ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Tenshi: Ok, I'm back to Her.

Sakura: You're working on your CYOA too, don't lie.

Tenshi: I never said I wasn't!

Sakura: Yes, but it was the way you said it.

Tenshi: Whatever, just do the disclaimer.

Sakura: Standard disclaimer applies.

Tenshi: OK!

~~~~~

Her

Ch 13: Spies

With eyes half closed, Masako slid open another door. This place was like a maze to her. Sunlight hit her full on. It was warm, yet cooling. Truly fresh air washed over her.

A smile parted her lips as she stepped out into the refreshing morning air. She sighed, looking over the dojo grounds. This would be a fine place to train, and she knew quite well that she needed it. Megumi had told her that she needed to move around a bit, and training would serve well.

Walking slowly over to the shade of a nearby cherry tree, she looked up to the sky, admiring its vast blueness. It hadn't rained in a while, so the ground was firm beneath her feet. Slowly pushing her indigo over-shirt that Kenshin had washed for her to the side, she touched the hilt of her katana. Though she had not been far from it, it felt as if she hadn't seen it in a week. The fabric was a bit rough, but it still felt soft to her as she ran her hand over the blue handle. Griping it, she leisurely unsheathed her friend, admiring the gleam it released.

Her smile never faded as she held her blade before her. Twisting it around a bit, the light reflected off the walls of the house and the fence. Sighing again, she pulled the blade upward. It hit the branch above her, causing thousands of loose blossoms to rain down on her, spiraling and twisting, playing in the fresh breeze that lifted Masako's hair.

*~*~*~*~*

Sano walked down the hallway, enjoying the morning. Looking ahead of him, he saw that a door that led outside was open. Walking over to it, he was about to close it, when she caught his eye. Her brown hair playing in the breeze, a tornado of cherry blossoms spiraling down around her, her green eyes soft and warm. He stood transfixed on the wondrous sight, seeing Masako in a new light. She didn't resemble the manslayer she had been but a few days prior. Her katana was hanging limply in her right hand, giving the appearance that she had no intentions of using it. She was…. He stopped. Prying his eyes away from her he slid the door shut without making a noise. Was it possible? No way… he couldn't… not after all the heck she'd put them through… he couldn't… but… no, no buts…. The bottom line was that he shouldn't. Shaking his head to try and clear his thoughts, Sano went back to his guestroom to think over what had been going on.

*~*~*~*~*

Masako let out another sigh. She felt so relaxed. Her ankle didn't hurt anymore, neither did anything else. She felt perfectly at home with herself as she watched the last of the petals land on the ground. There was nothing more that she wanted right now… absolutely nothing….

But something broke her thoughts; the scratch of a door. Whipping her head around, she caught a last glimpse of Sano closing the door she had left open. His eyes were averted… purposely adverted… like he was trying not to look at her. Was that a… a blush on his cheeks…? Had he been watching her…? No, why would Sano… of all people… watch… her…? Had he been watching her?

Frowning, Masako sheathed her katana and crept up to a window, watching him scurry down the hall, back to his room. He'd been spying on her… she knew it. But… why? Did he…? No… not Sano… of course not Sanosuke…. There was no way…. Sano hated her… didn't he? She was confused beyond belief now.

Frowning, Masako walked back over to the tree and started her training.

~~~~~

Tenshi: Short, I know.

Sakura: That just means she has to update sooner.

Tenshi: Shut up, you're giving them ideas.

Sakura: Yes, but you will update sooner, because you just got everything back on schedule.

Tenshi: Well, sort of…

Sakura: Besides, the shorter they are, the more chapters you get, making it seem longer, right?

Tenshi: Please review everyone.

Sakura: Hey-!

Heaven Sent Tenshi