Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ I don't want to be alone ❯ Chapter XII ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter XII

= = = = =

In the Aoiya, an occupied Misao was loaded with stacks of towering bentos on both hands as she went on distributing them to the customers slow and steadily. Okon and Omasu were out, leaving Shiro taking care of the kitchen and Misao and Kuro serving the customers.

"Hey little girl, over here!" a customer called.

Misao boiled as a customer calling her `little girl' struck her, but pretended did not hear it and went on to serve him.

"Little girl, bill please!" another one said from the corner.

"Little brat, get me a pair of chopsticks!!!"

"Little….…."

Misao growled and her face started to turn red hot as she heard `Little girl' and `little brat' all over the restaurant. The weasel girl stood in the middle of the walkway, refusing to approach any one of them. The more she tried to tolerate them, the bigger the nerve was growing on her head. "Omasu and Okon, I'm dying!!!" Misao cried.

"Hey, LITTLE BITCH, what the hell are standing over there like a statue" a drunk customer shouted "get me another bottle of sake!!!"

"WHAT DID YOU JUST SAID………" Misao replied in a low threatening sound, revealing her sharp teeth and whitish eye, and threw up all the bentos in the air. "MAKIMACHI MISAO IS GOING TO BE EIGHTEEN………"The weasel girl raged "AND DON'T YOU ALL CALL ME LITTLE GIRL, LITTLE BRAT AND LITTLE BITCH!!!" After that, she took out her kunais and destroyed the bentos which she threw a few seconds ago with her Kansatsu Tobikunai.

"Misao!!!" Shiro and Okina exclaimed.

The customers' chanting came to a dead silence.

"Tadaima!" Omasu and Okon said together.

"Thank god both of you are back!" Okina replied, taking a deep breath "the customers had pissed our Misao off."

"Konnichiwa!!!" a voice came from the entrance.

Okina, who was at the counter, told his adoptive child to serve the new customer.

The agitated Misao closed her eyes and stomped towards the entrance.

"HOW MANY OF YOU, SIR?" The weasel asked irritatedly, still having her eyes shut.

"Misao-chan, are you okay???" The customer replied.

The annoyed ninja girl opened her eyes slowly. She saw a smiling face with a `girl' next to him. Misao blushed as she treated her `customers' rudely. "Soujiro-chan, Kamatari-chan, gomen nasai………" she apologized, with her sheepish smile.

= = = = =

The trio, Kamatari, Misao and Soujiro sat at one corner of the restaurant, with an army of Aoiya's delicacies on the table. They have been eating and talking about their lives for the past few hours. Misao decided it was time to end their feast with desserts.

"Misao, are you going to get us some more food again?" Kamatari asked as he saw Misao getting out of her seat.

"I'm really full, Misao-chan" Soujiro added, smiling away as he points his tummy to the weasel girl "please don't serve anymore food, thank you."

"This time is the last and final one, desserts." Misao replied, winking her eye.

"Where are we going after this, Sou-chan?" The cross dresser asked.

"I have an appointment with a friend of mine, why don't you return home first?"

Kamatari agreed.

"Sou-chan, Kama-chan, try my new invention!!!" Misao said as she returned with 3 small bowls of soft greenish solid food. Soujiro and Kamatari eyes opened widely, examining the food closely. They asked Misao what she had made.

"Green Tofu." The weasel girl replied.

The cross dresser and Tenken turned to each other and sweat dropped.

"C'mon, try it!!!" Misao urged excitedly.

Kamatari and Soujiro face turned ugly and uneasily after taking a spoonful of the Green Tofu, as if they have been eating bitter gourds. The weasel held Kamatari's hands, asking how the food was. She was hoping to hear good comments by the way she glitters her eyes.

"It………" Soujiro murmured as still unable to bring the green tofu down his throat.

"Sucks………" Kamatari continued as he ended his uneasy look after forcing himself to swallow the horrible thing.

Misao looked down and remained silent with her body trembling.

"What did you just say?" The weasel girl answered coldly "HOW DARE YOU SAY………"

Before Misao could finish saying, Kamatari pulled her face towards him and shut her up as his lips meets hers. The weasel girl's face immediately turned red upon that reaction and pushed Kamatari back. Misao tried to slap him, but was countered by the cross dresser.

"Work hard on your cooking~~~" Kamatari advised with a seductive tone.

"HMPH!!!"

"Shall we make a move first, Kama-chan?" Soujiro asked.

The cross dresser nodded.

= = = = =

After saying goodbyes to Misao, Soujiro proceeded to meet his friend and Kamatari headed home as followed. But it was still early. It was only eight as the cross dresser took a glance on his pocket watch. So, Kamatari decided to stroll along the busy streets of the night market.

"I didn't expect it to be so crowded………" Kamatari remarked as he manoeuvred himself along the human flooded street. Feeling uncomfortable as the place was relatively warm and humid and being pushed and bumped here and there by other people, the cross dresser forced himself out of the crowded stream and made himself to the teahouse which is along the night market street.

Kamatari caught his breath as he sat down and wiped his sweat off. A waitress stood by his side and was ready to note down the cross dresser's orders. "What should I eat………" Kamatari thought.

"Waitresssss" a customer called from the far end.

The cross dresser who was then viewing the menu halted for a second as a familiar voice coming from the rear struck his ears. "Isn't that Soujiro's voice?" Kamatari thought. He looked back and to his surprise, it was Soujiro who had called the waitress attending him a moment ago to him. When the cross dresser rolled his eyes to the right, he gasped.

A girl was sitting beside Soujiro.

Soujiro's so called `friend' is a girl? Kamatari was taken back and chuckled as he thought that it was normal for any guys to have female friends. The cross dresser decided to order some light snacks and some green tea and began observing his crush while eating at the same time. Each time the sound of Soujiro and the girl joked and laughed, it had made Kamatari's heart more hollow and crisp. It was torturing him. What is this feeling? He wanted to leave the scene badly, but eventually stayed and observed.

At the moment when Soujiro's female friend fed him, Kamatari had enough. He does not want to see it anymore. Part of his heart had already cracked. After paying the bill, the cross dresser left the heart aching scene hastily with a scar on his heart.

It started to drizzle when Kamatari made his way home slowly. The cross dresser looked down as he walk, thinking who the girl could be. Could it be Soujiro's girlfriend? Kamatari brushed off that possibility unbelievingly. Despite the rain getting heavier, the cross dresser continued to stroll back gloomily, refusing to take any form of shelter.

= = = = =

Honjo Kamatari's day had spoiled.

Upon returning home, he waited outside Soujiro's room, in his drenched outfit, for the Tenken to return. Kamatari wanted to ask the Tenken the sensitive question of whether the girl he saw with his own eyes was really his girlfriend.

"Kama-chan!!!" Soujiro exclaimed as he saw Kamatari soaked heavily "what are you doing!? You'll fall sick easily!!!" He rushed to the cross dresser and check on him.

"Will you be on my side if I am sick???" Kamatari looked at him and asked.

"Of course! Why are you asking such things?"

The cross dresser replied with a weak smile.

"I'll get you a towel before you really get sick." Soujiro said smilingly. When the Tenken was about to leave, Kamatari held his hand and asked `the question'. He wanted to know the truth.

"Sou-chan, do you have any………girlfriend???" The cross dresser questioned, looking into Tenken's crystal dark blue eyes. Soujiro'e eyes were so pure and that he would not lie to his friends and comrades.

Soujiro smiled and answered: "No, Kama-chan."

Kamatari's moment of anxiety has come to an end. Soujiro' truthful answer had relieved the cross dresser's teahouse nightmare. The Tenken then returned with a towel and Kamatari began drying himself

As the cross dresser was about to retreat to his room, Soujiro greeted him `good night'.

"Oyasuminasai, Sou-chan………" Kamatari greeted him back contentedly.

= = = = =

to be continued?