Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Intimate ❯ Intimate ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

TITLE: Intimate
CHAPTER: oneshot (drabble)
AUTHOR: Ankh Ascendant ( setosgirl0 / neferseti0 )
DATE: 9-22-09
FANDOM: Rurouni Kenshin
DISCLAIMER: I don’t own Ruroni Kenshin, or make any money from it.
PAIRINGS: sounds weirdly Aoshi x Kenshin, but if it is, it isn't heavy enough to actually claim.
TYPE: Drama
RATING: PG
WARNINGS: no warnings
OCs: none
BETA: none
WORDS: 125
SUMMARY: An intimate glance at the scene of Aoshi and Kenshin's second fight. [Aoshi POV drabble]
NOTES: Written for a list of writing prompts ( http://yaoigirl.com/?p=373 ) - this prompt was "let's dance". I think this could stand to be longer, but I didn't want to ruin it...
* * * Intimate

The patter of feet that move like lightning on this floor and across these shelves.

The glints of blades in the candlelight, fireworks of muted celebration.

The light scent of blood, hanging on the air like an evil spirit that haunts this room and these two hearts.

The sigh in the air with a blade that passes close - a reverse blade, but a weapon still.

Pain old and new, physical and not, treasured and savored and nursed until it blossoms into something far greater.

The title hanging in the air, the reason you gave me to live. The only thing between me and the release of death.

The setting for the most intimate act ever performed.

What do you say, Battousai? Shall we dance? ~end~