Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Kaoru ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Kaoru sighed and watched Kenshin play with Ayame & Suzume, Kenshin was blindfolded and the two girls were running away as he began to walk towards them "I'm gonna get you" he said feeling around for one of the two. "I'll show you little!" she turned to see Yahiko jump onto Sano's head and start biting it. She sighed and slowly walked up and pulled him off and hitting him at least ten times with her wooden sword. "Yahiko stop biting and start practicing" she yelled Yahiko glared at Sano who smiled back. Throwing a bucket at Sano, Kaoru yelled "and you, you lousy free-loader are going to help out with cleaning the deck!" she cried before turning over to Suzume who had been captured by the blind folded man "Miss Kaoru are you okay?" Kenshin said turning over to Kaoru only to find her swaying back and forth a bit "yeah I'm fine Kenshin" she said regaining her balance and walked away with Yahiko, Sano, Amye, Suzume, and Kenshin all watching her as she stumbled here and there on her way inside the dojo's kitchen.

Sano threw the bucket over to Kenshin "here Kenshin the little missy wants you to clean the floor." Yahiko snickered before walking over to Kenshin "yeah she wants you to start on dinner too" Sano and Yahiko both walked off laughing leaving Kenshin with the bucket in his hands and Suzume and Ayame running after them. Suddenly there was a scream and Kenshin turned to look where it had come from, however unfortunately for him the scram seemed to have come from outside of the dojo. He ran out figuring everyone would know where he had gone off to he left to find the person who screamed. Unfortunately for him though as soon as he ran out of the dojo Yahiko ran out of the house calling "Kenshin? Kenshin? Help!" but Kenshin didn't come and Yahiko knew that there wasn't time to waste, they had to get Suzume and Ayame home and Kaoru still wasn't right in her feet. "Oh give me a break," Sano said as he carried Ayame and Yahiko grabbed Suzume out towards their home with Dr. Genzai.

They left Kaoru alone in her room to rest but she knew that there was trouble and she looked out the window. "I hope their alright" she said as she watched the rain fall down at top speed suddenly a lightening bolt shot and was so bright it lit up the entire room and Kaoru ran out the door "and this was he first time I ever wore this kimono too" she sighed as she ran out the door and into the yard where only hours ago Kenshin had been playing with Suzume and Ayame. "Kenshin!" she yelled out cupping her hands around her mouth "Kenshin!" she yelled again before running back inside.

Another thunder clap came and then a bolt of lightening struck the roof of the Kamiya dojo where Kaoru sat unknowing of the danger not to far from her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kenshin looked around "hello?" he called out, no one answered him so he kept on running swiftly and gracefully "is there anyone here?" he called out as he ran in the opposite direction which headed towards the Kamiya dojo. He saw Sano and Yahiko run out each holding one of the two girls. "Miss Kaoru" he said once he looked over at the dojo to see a black substance rising which he soon realized was smoke "Miss Kaoru!" Kenshin called as he ran towards the entrance to the dojo. He watched as flames shot out of the doors and windows, "there's no way to get in" he looked around with worried eyes "Miss Kaoru!" he called again.

"Look the Kamiya dojo's on fire!" Kenshin heard a woman's voice exclaim "somebody quick call the fire department" declared another. People scattered around the dojo pouring buckets full of water into the house through windows and whatever opening there was. Finally the police came along with Yahiko and Sano who just stared at the fire. "Come on we have to find Kenshin" Sano said as he ran through the crowd to find Kenshin taking a bucket of water and pouring it on his head "Kenshin your not thinking of going in there are you?" Yahiko asked as Kenshin took a step toward the door "of course I am Miss Kaoru's still in there!" Kenshin cried "Kaoru?!" Yahiko and Sano and some people who had heard what they had said exclaimed all at once. "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!" they heard Kaoru scream "Miss Kaoru!" Kenshin cried as he jumped through the open door "Kenshin!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kaoru sniffed the air "did Kenshin leave something on the stove?" she wondered getting up, she saw smoke coming from the kitchen "that Baka" she sighed as she walked in but screamed when she saw a blazing fire sprout around the kitchen. Kaoru ran out the kitchen door "Miss Kaoru!" she heard Kenshin's voice "Kenshin!" she cried. She looked around as she began to sweat from the burning fumes, "help" she coughed as she began to sway again "no" she shook her head and cried Kenshin's name again. She ran towards the back exit, which was blocked off, by a barricade of flames so she ran over to the nearest window but it was consumed by the deadly flames. She screamed as her kimono caught fire which she was quickly able to get out. "Kenshin!" Kaoru called as she coughed, the smoke was going into her mouth and she began to get dizzy "Miss Kaoru!" she heard Kenshin yell she was splashed with water from what she guessed was people throwing water in buckets through the window hoping to put the fire out.

"Sano! Yahiko!!" Kaoru yelled, "Kenshin!!!!!" she screamed as she felt a flame burn her leg. To much Kaoru thought as the deadly fumes entered her mouth as she yelled out for help "I'm coming Miss Kaoru!" she heard Kenshin cry out, Kaoru began to get dizzy though and she fell back and then she saw Kenshin. She coughed and ripped off some of her obi and handed it to Kenshin "here Kenshin" she said weakly as she felt more pain from the fumes "don't forget me" she cried before falling limp "Miss Kaoru no stay awake we'll get you out of here just stay with me Kaoru" but Kaoru didn't open her eyes so Kenshin took the obi part that she had ripped off and stuck it in his mouth and grabbed Kaoru and carried her out. When he came out he saw the fir department had arrived and was putting out the flames "Miss Kaoru" Kenshin cried his eyes filling with tears as he looked at Kaoru. Sano and Yahiko ran up to him "is that? it can't be" Sano stuttered as he looked at the burned up Kaoru. Her hair was dry and her body covered with burns, blood leaking from where ever you could mention, her breathing was slow...very slow and her heart beat faint....very faint.

Kenshin's tears fell on Kaoru's cheeks like rain, starting one by one before falling all at once. Kenshin shook Kaoru even though he knew there was no hope she was going to come back however he could still hope but he knew that nothing would happen. He had ended up burning Tomoe's dead body in the house they were living in at Kyoto, and now at the Kamiya dojo, Kaoru did of smoke and burns and deadly fumes.

"I should've been there to save her" "Kaoru wake up," Yahiko cried shaking Kaoru, "wake-up Ugly wake-up" his tears added more rain on Kaoru's face and every one watched as a rescue squad placed her on a stretcher and drove her to the hospital as the fire slowly flame by flame went out leaving the Kamiya dojo in ruins.