Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Kaoru ❯ Chapter 9 ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Sano ran after Kenshin and Yahiko stayed with the confused Kaoru "are you all right?" Yahiko asked "of course why wouldn't I?" she asked before flinching. (It's amazing how she can remember people's names after being hit in the head isn't it?) Yahiko smiled 'looks like she'll be alright but just to make sure' "welcome back to the living world Busu!" "what was that kisama?!" Kaoru yelled back 'yep she's normal' Yahiko thought and Kaoru jumped on him "hey!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kenshin sat on the porch (I love their porch!) looking at the blue sky when Sano came out "hey" he said, but Kenshin didn't answer "what was all that about?" Sano asked bored but Kenshin remained quiet. "Well come on then are you gonna make lunch or not!" Kenshin didn't answer, he just kept looking at the sky his purple eyes watching the clouds pass. "Fine" Sano said grabbing Kenshin by his collar "huh?" Kenshin said when Sano picked him up and pulled him into the kitchen. Kenshin sighed and watched Sano walk out towards Kaoru's room "I'm gonna check on the Little Missy here" he said when the was a crash from the room and they heard Kaoru and Yahiko yelling at each other, "or maybe later" Sano said and walked outside.

Kenshin sighed and began to cook.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kaoru held Yahiko down on the ground "let me go busu" he yelled but Kaoru just grabbed him and happily threw him across the room. Yahiko growled before Kenshin happily walked in "Yahiko, Miss Kaoru lunch is ready" he said Yahiko charged at Kaoru who stepped to the side and Yahiko ended up running into Kenshin "oops sorry Kenshin didn't see you" he said "that okay," Kenshin replied with his swirly eyes. Yahiko pulled him up and Kenshin said, "lunch is ready" again and Yahiko pushed past him to make sure he beat Kaoru to the table. "Are you okay Kenshin?" Kaoru asked "yes thank-you for asking Miss Kaoru" he said "okay lets eat" Kaoru smiled pushing past him like Yahiko did.

They both walked into the kitchen to find Yahiko and Sano already seated and ready to eat "will you hurry up you baka's" Sano yelled, "we're hungry" Kenshin sweat-dropped and sat down. Then it all began, the food fights, the yells, the grabbing, the usual everyday breakfast, lunch, and dinner routine at the Kamiya dojo. He was about to grad the last rice cake but Sano grabbed it before him and threw it in his mouth before Kenshin could even come close to it. "Ya gotta be quicker then that" Sano laughed "watch out Kenshin!" Yahiko and Kaoru cried as a fish was thrown at his face.

Yep that was the usual meal they had, and the usual calmness afterwards. It was sometime unbearable to listen to the quietness after such a loud lunch but Kenshin didn't mind. He saw Kaoru look over at him and smile then turn away to an oncoming barrage of cherry blossoms falling and floating slowly towards them in the gentle wind spring. One of the flowers landed in Kaoru's hair unnoticed.

Sano grabbed Yahiko on the collar again "I'm going gambling, the boys gonna have to learn sometime so why not now" he said with an unsure feeling of leaving Kenshin with Kaoru alone. "Hey put me down," Yahiko cried struggling but Sano held his grip and walked out holding Yahiko behind his back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kaoru's P.O.V.

I watched as Sano grabbed Yahiko and walked out through the dojo gates Yahiko struggling to be let go. It was may I add a funny site as usual but I didn't laugh only on the inside was I giggling. I moved my eyes as far as they could go to see Kenshin looking at me, I felt myself blush so I got up and walked over to the tree that I had found Kenshin hiding in yesterday. I smiled as I remembered climbing it higher and higher until I saw who had been making all the noise. "Kenshin" I asked turning around to see Kenshin getting up and walking towards the gates "yes Miss Kaoru?" he asked me with that wonderful look in his eyes "where are you going?" "I told you Miss Kaoru I'm a wanderer and to keep you safe I mustn't stay here." He said turning around to leave again.

I curled my hands to make fists "you jerk!" "wha?" Kenshin turned around "so your just gonna leave? Just gonna run away? I told you before that I'll be fine" "yes Miss Kaoru but to have me continuously changing into the Battousai" "I don't care if you're the Battousai or just Kenshin Himura, you can't just go and leave the dojo, the memories, you can't just leave" "I'm sorry Miss Kaoru but" I couldn't take it anymore. I ran over to Kenshin and punched him sky high, "you've got a pretty hard right don't you" he said once he fell on his back right at my feet. Yep he was the Battousai all right.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~

Normal P.O.V.

Kenshin got up and shook his head send blood from his scar onto Kaoru. Kenshin looked around while Kaoru wiped the blood off her face, it was a cold day and Sano was probably still carrying Yahiko. Kenshin looked over at Kaoru who's hair still held the blossoms in it. She turned around so her back faced him "fine then Kenshin if your going to leave me alone with that lousy free loader, and Samurai wannabe then fine but at least do me one last thing" Kaoru said still facing the tree "yes Miss Kaoru?" "tell me what she was like" "who?" "Tomoe" Kenshins eyes turned amber and said "you better not tell anyone that I was he killer, she was my wife and with a kind soul. She never believed in killing and she loved me that's all you need to know" Kaoru flinched at his harsh voice and nodded.

Kenshin saw a tear fall and frowned "well good-bye Miss Kaoru" "good- bye Kenshin" Kaoru was barely able to get it out but she was and when she turned she saw Kenshin turn the corner and walk away "good-bye" she cried.