Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Kaoru ❯ Chapter 11 ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Kaoru sighed as she opened the dojo door to find it empty "well if that little speech didn't get him then a I don't know what will" she said to herself as she sat down and leaned against the wall. "I do know however that even if he doesn't come back which he better," Kaoru cried evilly, "then I know he'll choose the right path, it is Kenshin after all" she giggled before walking out side and sat under the cherry blossoms and closed her eyes "I'm sure Kenshin will return, I'm sure of it." Kenshin smiled as he passed by Kaoru, her hair blowing in the breeze, he sighed to himself why am I doing this again? he asked himself "Kenshin," Kenshin looked at Kaoru who was still asleep "Kenshin," the voice came from behind him, "Kenshin" Kenshin grabbed his sword but didn't pull it out. There stood Tomoe, her kimono stained with blood "why are you going this way Kenshin? why are you choosing this path?" "this isn't as easy as you think Tomoe" Kenshin said "Kenshin please don't go this way" Tomoe begged. "Remember when you were told that I was the traitor? remember when you decided to come after me Kenshin?" Tomoe was nearly begging "Kenshin you must remember that you came after me, I know that you were deciding where to kill me or to save me, but either way Kenshin you came, you came for me." Tears fell from the rurouni's eyes "the blood that came out of your body, out from where ever Kenshin you didn't give up did you?" Kenshin stood still and Tomoe smiled as the younger Kenshin, the one that was her fake husband appeared "Tomoe," he said, "you must understand that the only way to save Miss Kaoru is to leave." "Just like the only way to save me was to leave," Tomoe cried, "please Kenshin don't choose this path, please don't let anyone tell you other wise."

        Tomoe fell on her knees "you can choose your own path Kenshin, but right now you are taking the wrong one." Tomoe looked at the ground "don't you understand you saved me even though you didn't know if I was really the traitor or not so please tell me why you choosing some other path? What makes Kaoru different from me? I thought you wanted to protect people Kenshin do you? You told me that when the revolution was over you would fight to protect without your sword, sword or no sword Kenshin right now it doesn't matter to me it matters that you learn that wrong choices lead to deadly consequences, you must know that life won't always go your way, I love you Kenshin and I want you to be happy, please trust me Kenshin tell me why you saved me at the cost of your own life but you won't save Kaoru the woman who not only needs you but she's also the woman that you love tell me please." Tomoe looked at Kenshin who merely looked back "I cannot tell you the differences Tomoe, because there is no difference between you two." Tomoe smiled "choose the correct path Kenshin, you are already half way there." With those words said Tomoe disappeared waking Kaoru "huh? Kenshin" she looked at him, "I knew you'd come back" she smiled but then blinked and looked at him "wait a minute your not Kenshin...are you?" she asked. Kenshin looked at himself, he was still young, he was still the same age as he was when he was with Tomoe, could Tomoe done something to keep me like this? He asked himself I love you Kenshin he heard Tomoe whisper in his mind "I love you too Tomoe, and I always will."

        Kaoru looked at him sadly "so you are Kenshin" she whispered, "yes" "why are you like this?" "I don't know Miss Kaoru, but Tomoe has spoken to me and..." "your scar," Kaoru interrupted, "it's bleeding." "Oh it's nothing" Kenshin said as blood dripped onto the floor. Kaoru looked at him in surprise, this wasn't the Kenshin she knew, she could tell "hey Busu we're back" Kaoru turned to see Yahiko and Sano "take this" she cried punching Yahiko. Sano sighed and gasped "hey little guy check out Kenshin" "don't call me little!" Yahiko cried jumping on Sano, he stopped biting Sano's head when he saw Kenshin. He was young, blood dripped from his shorter cut along his cheek, hair redder, and his ponytail was higher. His hair was shorter and his eyes didn't show their usual kindness. "There's been a lot of rain lately," Kenshin said walking over to the window, "a lot of crops may die." Kaoru walked over to him "the sun sinkes from sight, turning the sky red, blood red." "There is to be a battle soon, every man for himself." Kaoru looked at him as Kenshin looked at the moon which had begun rising, "a long storm, the deaths of many will appear, this is a sad tale yes but it is true, that it is." Kaoru gulped and looked at Kenshin "I'll be outside" she said sadly, she didn't know why but suddenly the cool breeze and gentle air of the night had become the thing that brought her peace when Kenshin wasn't around for her. Sadly she smiled and brushed a piece of hair out of her face and watched the sunset die out.

        "Yo Kaoru" Yahiko appeared behind Kaoru "what?" "whats up with all this silent treatment huh?" "what are you talking about?" "when ever some comes around you barely talk or you just leave the room." Kaoru looked at him, this was true she never really felt like talking lately "Miss Kaoru, Yahiko dinners ready" they heard Kenshin call out "and what's with all those mood swings Kenshins having?" Yahiko asked as he and Kaoru walked inside for surprisingly a calm dinner. This is way to weird thought Sano I mean since when is Kaoru and Yahiko not fighting over dinner? He sighed and continued eating, this wasn't a normal dinner, dinner was usually filled with flying food yells and oro's. "We have to hold on," Kaoru whispered, "for the sake of everyone" Kaoru looked at the younger Kenshin, he looked so different and in a way that she couldn't explain. He looked dangerous yet gentle, fierce yet soft, filled with anger yet also filled with calmness, how could some one like him keep so many emotions bottled up. She remembered all of his threats when his eyes had turned amber. Now that he was younger what would he do? would he still threaten her if she mentioned Tomoe? she decided to try it but not now during dinner.

        ~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kenshins P.O.V.

        I sat there calm, feelings Kaoru's eyes upon me made me shift a little before I finally realized what I was doing, why I was acting like that I did not know but I knew that everyone was watching me. Normally I wouldn't be doing this, I could tell that they were trying to keep their eyes in another direction but they always returned to face me. I felt every muscle in my body stiffen as I saw Kaoru turn to face me she had opened her mouth to say something but appeared to be lost at words. Finally she just got up and grabbed her plate and placed it on the counter before hesitating and running out of the room. I saw the others look down at the ground this silence was so different I was used to the commotion 24/7 at the dojo but at the same time glad at the silence since it reminded me of the times I had shared with Tomoe. Finally I got up and left leaving the dishes on the table which gave a surprised look on Sanosuke and Yahiko's faces.

        ~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kaoru's P.O.V.

        I looked up at the stars feeling faint, they seemed to remeind me of all the good times I had spent with Kenshin before all this commotion came through. All of Kenshins old enimes after him, Sano and Yahiko join the dojo, and now Kenshin having all those mood swings and changing into the legendary Hitokiri Battousai. "It's been so long" I said to myself before feeling as if I were a piece of jelly, I lost all control of my body and fell into a heap on the ground. "No," I said with great difficulty, "if I end up fainting or doing something that will send me to the hospital...no I won't allow it I can't go back there not after what happened last time."

        Flashback
        Kaoru slowly opened her eyes to find tubes stuck to her body "don't worry Miss," she heard a doctor say, "everything's gonna be alright just as long as you relax." Sighing Kaoru to weak to object let them continue doing whatever they were doing, she couldn't bear the pain that was being sent through her as she was slowly bandaged up, all the times she had felt the heat in her body she felt like crying out but she remained strong. "Miss Kamiya," she remembered the doctor say, "you have visitors." She smiled as Kenshin and the others walked inside the doctors walked outside whispering something about the burns "there are a lot of 'em" "you'd never expect that so many burns could get on one person who was in a fire for such a short time"

short time huh? what did they know? they weren't the one's stuck in the fire, they weren't the one's inhaling smoke with all my screams, they weren't the ones who felt like they were going to die, none of them knew what I had felt in the fire, pain, weakness, hope that was dying out as I had become weaker and weaker, burns feeling worse and worse by the second. Then when Kenshin came I had ripped off part of my obi and told him never to forget me, they didn't feel the pain I had felt, the pain of thinking you were going to die before saying good-bye to the one's you love, no they didn't know and never would all dressed up in there

        ~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Normal P.O.V.

Kenshin walked outside expecting to find Kaoru there and sure enough there she was but not in the position he was expecting her to be in. She was laying there on them ground breathing heavily and sweating, he had to get her help and fast "Sano Yahiko get out here now!" the two ran out "Yahiko go call for an ambulance quickly she's got a fever!" "Kenshin I'm fine...really" she coughed a little spitting up blood. "I hope that one day Kenshin," Kaoru said, "that you will become a normal swordsman and forget all that has happened to you in the past, I hope that everyday you will remember me" she flinched the pain she felt was more painful then before. She closed her eyes but opened them again more blood falling from her mouth "an ambulance is on it's way" Yahiko yelled as he ran out cringing when he saw Kaoru lying there blood falling from her mouth sirens were heard in the distance, "Ken...shin" she whispered before closing her eyes.