Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Kiseki ❯ Isle of the Sirens ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

In this chapter I'm gonna try and lighten up on the Kiseki and Kenshin's Mom for a little while then go on with the regular story.
 
I do not own regular Rurouni Kenshin people, just Kiseki, Sensou, Bisegi, and Umi.
 
~8^@~
 
The night was all calm, for the little while Sensou wasn't there, a red headed woman walked out of her small home, not noticing her two year old daughter was following her. The woman knelled at an unmarked grave like she always did and started mourning for her lost son. Suddenly a harsh brush of unnaturally cold air are came over her and her daughter; she stopped crying and stood up, putting an emotionless mask on. “I know you're here Sensou, I know `cause my skin is crawling!” she said. In a flash of bluish light a man appeared, “Bisegi, you're the only mortal I know who can do that.” He
said “Aww, I feel so special.” She teased sarcastically. “I'm giving you one more chance Bisegi, come back to my side, we can start a war to end all wars!” he said maniacally. “As fun as that sounds, I refuse, I'm not a warrior any more.” She smirked. Sensou circled Bisegi, “Then you leave me no choice.” He said
 
Motioning something to come forward, the two year old girl was forced to come to him. “Your little brat. The Twilight as my sister called her; will die.” He said. The mothers mind began racing as her little girl, her only child left was about to be killed if she didn't do anything. “No! Leave Kiseki out of this!” Bisegi shouted at him. Sensou put the girl out of her reach, Kiseki screamed and cried for him to put her down “Why should I when her destiny calls for her to bring down the Gods?” Sensou yelled. The two year old Kiseki cupped her ears as Besegi's eyes welled with tears. Sensou hated to see
such a great warrior like her cry but before the first tear let it self shown, Bisegi punched if in the gut, forcing to let go of Kiseki, Bisegi caught the little girl and whispered in her ear “Go hide, in the shelter.” She said, the little girl obeyed and went into the forest where the shelter was, she waited patiently there.
 
As hours passed and it became morning Kiseki went back home, assuring herself that the man was gone. As she came onto her home she had found that indeed the man was gone, but also laid the dead body of her mother, and a flamed version of her home, which her father had still been in.
 
It was then that the little girl sat down and prayed that their spirits would reach the other world with out troubles, and made a promise to her, never to let a tear escape her eye after that day, because nothing could be more painful to her then losing her family.
 
 
 
 
 
~*~Present day~*~
 
 
 
Kiseki was talking with Kaoru and Yahiko while they were waiting for Kenshin to regain his consciousness. “The only way to turn him mortal is with this doohickey.” She said holding up a slightly scorched parchment with the picture of what looked like a book with three eyes on it. “What a strange looking book.” Yahiko said.“I think, it has a spell, of some sort, to turn him mortal in it.” Kiseki said. Kaoru gave her a weird look. “ A spell book? And where are we going to get that!” she said pointing at the picture, then she saw some strange writing on it, “What language is this?” she asked Kiseki looked at the page, Indeed there was some kind of strange writing on the parchment. “It's Greek!” she exclaimed in relization. `Could Mother have been part Greek?' she wondered. `I thought Kenshin had some other kind of culture to give him red hair like that….' Kaoru thought and smiled. “I think this thingy will be in Greece most likely.” Kiseki said trying to figure out where the spell book would be found.
 
As hours passed Kenshin regained consciousness, Kiseki and Kaoru told them the story about the spell book. “Well, I guess I'm going on another crazy journey.” He said. At that moment Sano appeared out of nowhere “Kenshin your NOT leaving me behind this time.” He fumed. “uh Sano……” Kiseki said. After some brief arguing about not going or going, the Kenshin-gumi decided they all should go, If they had the money for it. “ This trip is going to be expensive if all of us go.” Kaoru thought aloud. She reached in her purse and pulled out 20 dollars (A/N: It's easier for me to use dollars then yen.) Kenshin dug into his pockets not expecting to find much, but about 6 dollars. “I've been working at the Akabeko more often I should have-“ Yahiko started and pulled out a fold of money, a thick fold. Kaoru took it and started counting what they had “Okay we have $126 and Sano whoever didn't contribute can't go.” She said.
 
Sano really didn't want to get left behind so he took out what little change he had, since he had stopped fighting for money he was broke and the contents of his pockets consisted of a paper clip, some string, a jack, and 56 cents. “That's all I got.” He said. Kaoru sighed at he handful of junk and took the 56 cents out of his hands. “Well, it is more than enough, besides since the steam train was invented no one really uses the boats any more to get around Japan so it should be cheaper.” Kiseki said.
 
 
The Group headed for the docks and boarded the ship with their newly bought tickets. Little did they know that one of Sensou's henchmen had taken over this ship and was planning to take a suicidal trip killing everyone on board. “We be goin' down the Isle of them Sirens Now Aye captain?” One of the henchmen's henchmen asked in his poor grammar tongue. (That means He has a funny accent and sounds like a pirate) “Yes Scruff.” An older man walked out behind him. “But Captain them men be turnin' the bout into the rocks!” a smaller much punier man said. “We are here to please Sensou, our lives don't matter as long as that wrench of a girl and her half brother are dead.” The older man said. “Aye captain.” The puny one said.
 
 
The breeze was cool as Kiseki and Kaoru looked off the ship soon they where joined by Kenshin marveling at the beauty of the ocean at the noon. Noticing that her older brother had somewhat of a crush on Kaoru she left telling them she was feeling a little sick, of course that was a lie. `Hum. I'm going to explore this ship for awhile.' She thought and went to explore, she soon came across the captain's quarters. `maybe a peek wouldn't hurt' she thought as she opened the door and slipped through without anyone noticing.
 
 
~~Sensou and his Sister Umi~~~
 
“So this girl is the Twilight?” a goddess said to her rude, egocentric brother. “Yes Umi, Kiseki, Besegi's daughter is the Twilight the one destined to bring down the Gods.” Sensou said very annoyed. “I already have some of my men taking that boat passed your Island of the Sirens.” He said. “So you want me to send out my Sirens to bring the boat crashing into the rocks, killing them all.” She smirked. Then she called for the Sirens, young women appeared. “Go my Siren's The coming ship I want it to crash into the rocks and NO survivors.” Umi said harshly, she dived in a river and shape shifted into what looked like a mermaid. `I'm getting a front row seat.' She thought and dove, she followed the stream until it emptied into the ocean; Sensou smirked and vanished, as the Sirens began singing in a chorus that would lead any man sailing into the rocks and cliffs of the island.
 
~~ Back to Kiseki ~~
 
Kiseki walked around the captain's quarters has her eyes fell upon a map. She read it as best as she could. `Island of the Sirens? Now where have I heard that name before?' she thought to herself. The sound of someone coming made Kiseki do what she could scheme up first, hide. She hid under a table that was draped with a table cover. She had without realizing it she had taken the map with her. “Where be that map?” a man said. “Aye if we be crashin' this boat because em' Siren's and their seductive song we best be haven that map.” Another one said. `Their going to crash this boat! I have to tell Kenshin!' Kiseki thought. “Well that
captain probably be puttin' it his safety closet.” The man said grunting like a pig. `Yeah leave.' Kiseki thought. She peaked to make sure neither of the men were still in the captain's quarters and snuck out
 
Kiseki ran to tell her older brother about the bad men and the plan to crash the boat into the Island of the Sirens. When she found her brother, she found him and Kaoru holding hands. She decided to spy on them instead of ruining the perfect moment. Of course who should come up behind her and practically yell “Hey Kenshin! Where are ya.-“ Yahiko was cut off by a hand covering his mouth. “Shh!” Kiseki hissed then pointed at Kaoru and Kenshin. Yahiko seemed to catch the drift and sat and spied with Kiseki. hours seemed to pass and Kiseki and Yahiko were getting irritable. “Why doesn't he kiss her already!” Kiseki and Yahiko said in unison. Just as it was their luck the couple heard them. “You can come out now we know your spying on us,” Kenshin said Kiseki and Yahiko came out guiltily. Then it hit her, Kiseki hadn't spilled the beans and they were probably nearing the dreadful island. “Kenshin, Uhhh. The people on this ship are all in danger, you see, Sensou has henchmen running the ship.” Kiseki said. Kenshin frowned `I should of known.' He thought.
 
 
 
 
So what did you think of that chapter, seriously on word document it looks longer but I don't know about mediaminer…