Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Kyouki's Murder ❯ New Friends ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Mizuki Hachimoko had long, curly, sandy blonde hair, beautiful green eyes and was more what you'd call just in the middle than pleasingly plump. She usually wore her school uniform, and if she didn't she wasn't at school that day. Mizuki was very shy. The other girls(and a few boys)at Tokyo Highschool all loved her though, but she was oblivious of this. She would usually be by herself, wether it was eating lunch or riding on the bus.In fact, Mizuki only really had one friend named Kyouki Yakusoku. Kyouki had short, black hair and blue eyes and a little plump. Kyouki was a nice young girl, always there for Mizuki and willing to stand up for others. She always seemed a little unhappy, because Mizuki often heard her crying softly in the girl's bathroom or on the way to class. Another strange thing about Kyouki was that when she came to school, there was often bruises on her face or neck. When Mizuki asked about it, Kyouki just told her not to worry. But all Mizuki did was worry.One fine spring day, Mizuki and Kyouki were sitting in the bus behind Kaoru and Megumi on the way to school. Kaoru and Megumi happened to be very rude and ditzy, preferrebly rude to them, so it was no surprise when they began teasing Kyouki and Mizuki."Kyouki is so fat," Megumi exclaimed, "You could use her belly as a trampoline!" Kyouki fumed while Megumi and Kaoru giggled. "Yes, and Mizuki is no better. Have you noticed how stupid she is?" Kaoru said back. "Yes, i know. She needs to go back to third grade." Megumi remarked. Mizuki sank deeper and deeper into the seat, silently crying while tears steadily flowed from her eyes. Kyouki could only comfort her and tell her Megumi and Kaoru were just plain mean. From across the bus a boy about the same age as Mizuki and Kyouki, Kenshin they called him, noticed what was going on and felt sorry for them. I hate watching this. It happens every day. He thought. That's it! Kenshin leaned toward the other side of the bus and tapped Mizuki's shoulder. Mizuki and Kyouki looked over and blushed, Kenshin was quite cute. "Would you like to sit with me at lunch?" He asked. Kyouki and Mizuki could hear Kaoru and Megumi stop talking and "growl" in jealousy. Mizuki smiled while blushing. "Sh..sure." This was the first time anyone besides Kyouki had talked to Mizuki. Later at lunch time, Mizuki and Kyouki sat at there usual table and waited for Kenshin to come. He had to see them, Mizuki was the only blonde in the school. Finally he sat down next to them."Hi, I'm Kenshin." He introduced himself. Mizuki and Kyouki smiled."I'm Mizuki.""I'm Kyouki.""I'm sorry about what Kaoru and Megumi said on the bus. They're slimy bugs and everyone knows it." Mizuki, Kyouki and Kenshin laughed. Kenshin and the girls talked all through lunch. The rest of the week, they always ate together and became great friends. It wasn't until Kyouki didn't show up at school a while later that things got bad.