Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Kyouki's Murder ❯ Murder ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
"Where is she?" Kenshin wondered. Kyouki hadn't shown up on the bus that day and Kenshin and Mizuki couldn't find her anywhere. Mizuki had gotten scared. Kyouki was her best friend and she would have told her if she was going somewhere. Mizuki was starting to cry. Kenshin reached over to his sad friend and put an arm around her shoulder. "I'm sure Kyouki is alright, she's only been gone a day." Mizuki gazed into his violet eyes. They focused on her and, though loving and kind, were full of worry. Mizuki gave Kenshin a gentle hug. "Kenshin..." She sighed. The next day was saturday, so Mizuki and Kenshin both stayed home. Mizuki walked down stairs that morning after pulling herself off her pillow. Saturdays were usually the days when she would sleep in and do whatever she wanted, but this saturday she was way too woried about Kyouki to do that. after calling Kenshin Mizuki sat down and looked at the newspaper lying on the kitchen table. The headlines read "GIRL MISSING! SAID TO BE CALLED KYOUKI" Mizuki gasped in shock. She immediately picked up the phone and dialed Kenshin's number. "Hello?" "Can I talk to Kenshin?" "Hai...." "Thank you." "Hi Mizuki!!" "Kenshin I just looked at the newspaper and Kyouki is missing!" "ORO?!!" "Hai! Kenshin I'm so worried..." Sob sob. "It'll be OK Mizuki I will come over to your house right away." "Arigatou Kenshin.." "I will see you later bye!" "Bye." Mizuki couldn't keep from crying any longer. As soon as Kenshin was off the phone she burst out in tears, running to her bedroom. Kamisama, why did this happen? please help Kyouki to be alright... Mizuki began sobbing louder into her pillow, suddenly..... Diiing Dooong! "Konnichiwa." "Ohayo is Ms. Mizuki there?" a giggle. "Hai she is in her room. I will go get her." "Doomo." Mizuki heard creaking on the floor. Once her mother(who had spoken to Kenshin) had gotten where Kenshin could neither see or hear her, she called Mizuki. "Mizuki, a boy is here to see you. A boy." Mizuki rolled her eyes. "I'm coming mother." Mizuki ran out of her room and down the stairs into the kitchen. At the sight of Kenshin she smiled. "Konnichiwa Kenshin-Chan!" "Oro? Oi, loose the Chan..." Mizuki giggled. Kenshin blushed slightly. "Do you want to look around Kyouki's house for any sign of where she might be?" Kenshin asked. "Yeah, that would help." Kenshin and Mizuki started walking toward Kyouki's house. Mrs. Hachimoko watched them from the window. She giggled. "My little girl with a nice boy like him." Mrs. Hachimoko resumed cooking breakfast. "Hey, you know we're sort of acting like detectives." Mizuki remarked. "Detectives? Like in "The Pink Panther"?" Kenshin teased. "Silly.. I mean it's like we're investigating where Kyouki is." "Ah. I get it." Kenshin and Mizuki stopped abruptly in front of Kyouki's house. The driveway was long and narrow, as if someone was trying to hide the entire house. The house itself was creepy, it was complete with a bad paint job, boarded in windows, and tons of shadows all around it. It was like a real ghost house. There was no car in the driveway, so the two youths decided nobody was home and walked straight through the driveway and onto the porch. Mizuki was shivering all over, there was a strange aura at this house. Kenshin opened the door. "Ladies first." He gestured inside. Mizuki rolled her eyes. "Especially when it's scary.." She commented and slowly but steadily walked inside. Kenshin decided it was best not to close the door, you never know. The two friends looked around the room. The first thing they noticed was that it was very dark. The living room was well furnished, however the taste in furniture and rugs was hideous. Mizuki's eyes were stuck on two things: The blood stains on the carpet and couch and the wooden baseball bat sitting on the coffee table. That really freaked Mizuki out, until she noticed Kyouki's dead body on the floor behind a pot of flowers. Mizuki screamed and fell to the floor crying. Kenshin ran into the room(he had been in the kitchen looking around) and immediately saw why she was crying. Kenshin felt guilty for Mizuki. She had been her best-for quite a while only- friend and now she was dead. He sat down on the floor next to her and hugged her, also crying a bit. For a few minutes Mizuki and Kenshin sat there, mourning Kyouki, until they heard a car pull up in the driveway and footsteps on the porch. From the corner of her eye Mizuki saw a face out the window. "Trespassers!"