Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ LA! LA! LA! LA! LA! ❯ 1. Prolog ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

LA! LA! LA! LA! LA!

By T.Marauder

Prologue

"Kenshin, I love you…"

Kaoru was sitting on the porch fanning herself in the hot summer's air. She had another dream last night of the beautiful Rurouni. Again. She never could remember the endings of her dreams with Kenshin in them. She doesn't know if she ever wanted to. Mostly they are all the same. She dreams of Kenshin leaving her, of never knowing if he loves her, of him dying.

"Kenshin, I love you…"

In her dreams she never knew if he would love her if she expressed her feelings. Kaoru would never tell Kenshin for fear that her love would fall on deaf ears. She was always alone in her dreams of Kenshin, but what of the end. She could never remember the end of her dreams. Never. But she didn't need to because she was afraid to tell Kenshin for fear that her love would fall on deaf ears. She had dreams where she was away from Kenshin, wanting him sorely. She would never admit to being weak but those dreams showed her her faults.

"Kenshin, I love you…"

She would always wake up from those dreams in crying. They would always cause her to cry even though in the real world she knew that Kenshin would never leave her again. She loves Kenshin but she would never allow herself to say it allowed for fear it would fall on def ears.

"Kenshin, I love you…"

But, what made last nights dream different. Unique. Special. Is that she remembers everything. How, in the beginning, she was alone. In the middle Kenshin was there, and she loved him just as much as she did in real life. Then in the end, she was alone… But, through the darkness that surrounded her Kenshin appeared to stop her tears.

She was with him, and he loved her.

"Kenshin, I love you."

"I love you too, Kaoru."

This confused Kaoru.

'Was this really what would happen if I confessed my love? It wouldn't fall on deaf ears?'

Kaoru stood up from her comfortable position. She had to find Kenshin, she wanted to. She would never forgive herself for letting this chance pass by. She was finally willing to tell Kenshin her love for him. She would find him.