Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Life the Saitoh Fujita Way ❯ First Night ( Chapter 27 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

30 Romances Theme: Thrill
Good things can come to those who wait.
First Night
As my finger trails down her cheek, I realize how long I have waited for this time when I could be with the woman standing before me. Knowing that this moment would be mine one day is the only thing that kept me single-minded while I was married to Yaso.
Tokio does not hold my values against me, but shares them with me. She knows that I am loyal and fair-minded. My marriage to Yaso, an obligation I needed to fulfill, hurt her in ways that I cannot fully understand, even though I try. That is the way it is with women. A man rarely has a chance to understand their minds or their hearts.
She knows that I remained faithful to her, even though I was married to another. I did not want children binding me to that other woman after my obligation to her was completed. I knew that my destiny was with the girl I first saw at court in Aizu, not with the person I married as a favor to my mentors.
Slipping my arms around Tokio's waist, drawing her close, I lay a soft kiss at the base of her neck before I gently claim her lips with mine. Her body is warm and the faint scent of sakura reminds me of the first day that I saw her. She is my wife now, and soon it will not be in name only. I will be gentle with her, and take my time. I want this first time to be so good for her that she will eagerly look forward to the next.
Sinking to the futon together, I slowly loosen the fancy tie in her obi. As the layers of fabric slip away, I no longer have to ignore the ache in my heart. It is no longer there.