Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Mission of Love ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]




Mission of Love



DISCLAIMER: Rurouni Kenshin and Rurouni Kenshin characters are exclusively owned by Watsuki Nobuhiro, Shueisha, Sony Entertainment, Jump Comics and associated parties. Please note, this is purely fiction and for entertainment purposes only. This story is not meant for sale or profit.


Author's Notes: The Kenshin-gumi faces the most challenging mission ever. Their mission is to get Kaoru and Kenshin to confess their love to each other. Will they succeed without driving them crazy? Mission of Love. Comedy Fanfiction by Gypsy-Chan. Enjoy!


MISSION OF LOVE
PART ONE


One morning at the Kamiya dojo, Kenshin was in the kitchen making breakfast. He looked out the window and saw Kaoru. She was practicing with Yahiko. He begins to daydream about her. "Ahh, my sweet, sweet, Kaoru. How I love to watch you. I could watch you all day and never grow tire of your beauty." As Kaoru chases after Yahiko with shinai in hand, her hair flies slowly in the wind.

Kenshin intently watches her. He replays in his mind her every move in slow motion. He replayed the way Kaoru's beautiful long silky black hair flowed freely in the wind as she chased Yahiko. He also replayed the way her delicate fingers were wrapped tightly around Yahiko's neck. He had called her ugly and she had choked him. "Ahh, I love her so much, he sighed. My heart is burning for her. It keeps burning and burning and…" Sniff, sniff "I smell…I smell smoke." "Oroo!" Flames began to erupt from the stove.

"YO KENSHIN!! What's wrong with you! yelled Sano." "(Gomen, Gomen) Sorry, Sorry Sano!" I didn't mean to burn breakfast." Kenshin is desperately trying to put the fire out. Kaoru and Yahiko ran into the kitchen. "Not again! Exclaimed Yahiko. "This is the third time this week that you burned breakfast." "Gomen Yahiko I didn't mean to." The fire was finally put out.

Kaoru rushed over to Kenshin. She was worried. "Kenshin are you all right? Let me see your hands?" She gently took his hands into hers. Kenshin felt as though he was going to melt when her soft hands gently touched his. "It is all right. No need to worry Kaoru-dono", he said. They were still holding hands and looking intently into each other's eyes.

"HEY UGLY!!! Let go of Kenshin's hands so he can finish making my breakfast." Kaoru blushed as she let go of Kenshin's hands. She turned and glared at Yahiko for calling her ugly. She turned back to Kenshin, "Would you like for me to help you with breakfast?" Kenshin smiled at her. Before he could answer her Yahiko says, "What! No way! I rather eat the food Kenshin burnt then to eat anything that ugly girl cooks." Naturally that statement leads to Kaoru and Yahiko fighting again. Kenshin watched her running after Yahiko. He smiled. Sano took note of everything that had happened. "Hmm, I've got to do something about Kenshin and Kaoru before we all starve to death," he thought.

One week later….

Sano held a big meeting. Present at the meeting were: Yahiko, Megumi, Tae, Misao, Aoshi, Saitoh and Hiko (Kenshin's master) everyone was wondering what the meeting was about.

Sano: I'm sure most of you are wondering why I called this meeting.

Misao: Yeah, why are we here?

Hiko: I don't do mornings. So this better be good.

Saitoh: I turned down an assassination assignment to be here.

Sano: Okay everyone calm down. The reason I called everyone here today is to help me with an important mission."

Misao: What mission?

Sano: The mission to get Kenshin and Kaoru together. Kenshin is constantly daydreaming about Kaoru. He has burned breakfast three times this week. At the rate he's going he'll probably burn down the dojo by next week.

Hiko: That idiot!

(Footsteps are heard. Everyone turned toward the sounds of the footsteps. Yukishiro Enishi stood in the doorway)

Sano: What are you doing here!

Enishi: I heard about your little meeting. I want to help too.

Sano: We don't need your help Mr. Dark Glasses. I'm leading this mission.

Enishi: I should be the one leading the mission. I know the Battousai better than anyone here. Besides, I was the mastermind behind the Jinchuu Arc. That should prove that I am qualified to lead this mission.

Sano: This is a mission of love. Not revenge.

Sano and Enishi glare angrily at each other.

Saitoh: You're wasting my time. I want to know what's in it for me?

Sano: Part of my plan includes distracting Kenshin. I need you to fight with him long enough for us to put the next phase into action.

Saitoh: Hmm, fight the Battousai. I like it already. He pulls out his sword and licked the blade. Let's get started.

Sano looked at Saitoh and shuddered. He thought, "Maybe I should have left him out."

Hiko: Why are you bothering me about my baka deshi's love life? He's a moron. Why should I help? What's in it for me?

Tae: I'll give you two cases of Saki if you help.

Hiko: Count me in

Sano: Okay, let's discuss Plan A. In Plan A we will kidnap Kaoru. Now, who wants to do that?

Enishi: (standing up waving his hand): Me! Me! I'll do it. I'm good at that!

Sano: Enishi, can we trust you to kidnap Kaoru and give her back to Kenshin?

Enishi: "Does this look like a face that can't be trusted?

Everyone: "YES!!!"

Saitoh: I better work along with that homicidal maniac to make sure that she is returned safely to the Battousai.

Sano: Hiko, you work along with Kenshin to get Kaoru back.

Hiko: Why do I have to work with that idiot? I'd rather work with the homicidal maniac.

Saitoh turns Hiko: I said that I would work with the homicidal maniac.

Enishi: (A tear fell from his eye). Sniff, sniff I feel so loved right now. Can I get a group hug?

Misao: He is so weird.

Yahiko: He's a freak and weird.

Yahiko and Misao laughed.

Enishi looks at them: Go ahead laugh. I wouldn't expect your small minds to understand my true essence.

An argument breaks out between everyone.

Sano: EVERYONE SHUT UP!
(Everyone gets quite)

Sano: That's better. Now, this is what we will do.

(Everyone huddled together and discussed the plan.)

Enishi: Not bad. But what if Plan A doesn't work?

Sano: Then we move to Plan B.

Misao: What's Plan B?

Enishi: I know! I know! I could kidnap and torture both of them. No, wait. I won't torture the girl. She is like a sister to me. I'll just make her watch as I torture the Battousai.

Yahiko: You idiot! Torturing Kenshin is not going to make Kaoru feel good.

Enishi: I know. But it'll make me feel good.

Sano: No! That is not Plan B! I was thinking more on the lines of tying both of them up and having Megumi pump them with truth serum. That's the only way they will confess their love for each other.

Megumi: You idiot! Everyone, let's go back to Plan A.

Sano: Okay Plan A it is. Let's get started.

PHASE ONE

The next day after the meeting, Yahiko and Kaoru go into town to buy tofu. Saitoh stops by the dojo to speak with Kenshin. "I have come to inform you that Yukishiro Enishi has been spotted in the area." Kenshin lowers his head, "I see." Before Kenshin could say anything else, Misao runs through the dojo gates. "Himura! Himura! I need your help." Kenshin looked at her. "Misao-dono? What are you doing here?" Misao still anxious, "Himura! Help me!" "Misao-dono please calm down said Kenshin. Tell me what's the matter." "It's awful! Aoshi-sama disappeared from the Aoiya. Our contacts here said that he has joined up with Yukishiro Enishi again." Kenshin was shocked, "What!" "I guess all that meditation went to his head, she said. "I don't know what to do." She began crying. "Waah!! Waah!! Boo ho! Boo ho!"

Kenshin stood up and turned his back to them. Misao was still crying. Waah!! Waah!! Saitoh bent down and whispered, "Don't over do it weasel girl. He'll get suspicious." "Don't call me weasel girl", she grumbled. Kenshin turned back to Misao. "Waah!! Sob, Sob." Kenshin put his hand on her shoulder, "There, there, Misao-dono don't worry I will help you. But first I must go into town to get Kaoru-dono before Enishi finds her." Yahiko ran in shouting, "Kenshin! Kenshin! Kaoru has disappeared!" Kenshin is alarmed. "What! No, not Kaoru-dono! Yahiko what happened!"

Yahiko catches his breath and then began to relate what happened. "Kaoru and I were standing in the tofu line. Kaoru told me to get some vegetables for dinner. I left to get the vegetables. When I returned to the tofu line she was gone. I searched all over but I couldn't find her. I was hoping she had come back to the dojo." Kenshin held his head down, "No, she has not returned." "Oh, I forgot. I did find something of hers by the tofu line," Yahiko said. Kenshin looks up. Yahiko hands Kenshin her ribbon. Kenshin holds it close to his heart and says softly, "Her favorite blue ribbon."

Suddenly a rock flies over the dojo wall and hits Kenshin in the head. "Oroo!" Kenshin falls down. His eyes began to swirl. Sano was hiding behind a tree. "You idiot! What are you trying to do? Kill him? Megumi asked. "I guess I don't know my own strength. Besides, Kenshin has a hard head said Sano. He'll survive." "Ouch!! What did you do that for Megumi." Megumi giggled. "I wanted to see if you had a hard head too."

After helping Kenshin off the ground Yahiko said, "Hey Kenshin, look! There is a note attached to the rock that hit you in the head!" Kenshin quickly reads the note. "We still have business to settle Battousai. Meet me at the old cave outside of town if you want your woman back. Signed your loving brother-in-law Enishi." Kenshin rushes out the dojo. Yahiko, Misao and Saitoh smiled. "So far, so good", said Yahiko "On to Phase Two". Then they followed Kenshin as not to arouse his suspensions.


GO TO PART TWO