Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Mission of Love ❯ Chapter 2

[ P - Pre-Teen ]




Mission of Love



DISCLAIMER: Rurouni Kenshin and Rurouni Kenshin characters are exclusively owned by Watsuki Nobuhiro, Shueisha, Sony Entertainment, Jump Comics and associated parties. Please note, this is purely fiction and for entertainment purposes only. This story is not meant for sale or profit.


Author's Notes: The Kenshin-gumi faces the most challenging mission ever. Their mission is to get Kaoru and Kenshin to confess their love for one another. Will they succeed without driving them crazy? Mission of Love. Comedy Fanfiction by Gypsy-Chan. Enjoy!


MISSION OF LOVE
PART TWO



PHASE TWO

Aoshi served as look out. He nodded to Enishi. Hiko said, "Okay Enishi don't screw this up." Enishi said, "I resent that remark. I specialize in kidnapping. Nothing will go wrong." Hiko shook his head, "Maniac."

As Kenshin neared the cave, Enishi thought, "I have to lead him in this direction. I have just the thing." Sano had snuck in the back entrance of the cave. "So, how are you going to lead him over here?" asked Sano. Enishi held up a small cage. Something was moving inside. Sano peered closer into the cage and saw what it was. He smiled. "A rat. I know, she hates rats." "See, I told you I was good at kidnapping," beamed Enishi. He walked over to Kaoru. Kaoru was struggling trying to get free. Enishi asked, "Are you lonely my dear?" Kaoru nodded her head. "I brought you some company." He removed the cloth that was tied around her mouth and then showed her the rat that was in the cage. It was a big ugly rat, the biggest one that Kaoru had ever seen. She let out a scream so loud that it sent chills down everyone's spine.

Sano said to Hiko, "With a scream like that, he'll be here in minutes. We better move on to the next part of the plan." Kenshin stopped dead in his tracks when he heard Kaoru scream. He yelled, "Kaoru-dono! Hold on, I'm coming!" Enishi showed her the rat again, she shrieked. "Psst, Enishi, get over here!" Sano whispered. Enishi whispered back, "Not now, I'm having too much fun." He took the rat out of the cage and began waving it back and forth in front of Kaoru. Kaoru shrieked again. "eek! eek!"

Hiko whispered, "Psst! Maniac! Get over here, NOW!" Enishi said, "Would you excuse me my dear. I have an urgent matter to attend to. I will return shortly." He took the rat and put it back in the cage. He sat it next to her. "Guard her well my pet." Kaoru yelled, "You big Jerk! How dare you leave that filthy creature near me!" Enishi put the cloth back over her mouth and disappeared. The rat looked up at her. Kaoru looked at the rat and then shrieked again but this time no one heard her.

Sano was fuming. "You idiot! What's the matter with you! You're going to blow our mission!" "Sorry, I just wanted a little fun," said Enishi. "Just stick to the plan!" Sano said as he stormed off. Enishi looked at Hiko, "What's up with him? I am doing this kidnapping for free you know. I thought I would throw in a little torture to liven things up." Hiko shook his head, "You maniac! Come on let's go."

Kenshin is closer now. Enishi shows himself. Kenshin tries to catch him but Enishi eludes him due to the darkness of the cave. As Kenshin is running, he stops. He smells perfume. "What's that smell? Is it... Is it White Plum?" Kenshin asks. Enishi steps forward. "Actually it's a new fragrance. I call it "Torture." One whiff and you'll be dying to buy it." Kenshin grabbed Enishi and tried to choke him. Saitoh breaks them up. Kenshin is shocked.

Kenshin: Saitoh, how can you protect that mad man…that dog!

Saitoh: Battousai, it's not polite to call your brother-in-law names.

Enishi: Thank you Saitoh. At least someone cares.

Saitoh: Shut up you maniac!

Enishi: Well, I never…

Saitoh: Hurry and get out of here. I'll take care of Battousai.

Kenshin and Saitoh begin fighting. Sano carefully monitors the fight. The fight becomes a little intense.

Sano: What is Saitoh doing? He was only supposed to keep Kenshin distracted while Enishi sets up the next part of our plan. It looks like he is trying to kill Kenshin. Hiko, you got to get in there and stop their fight before Kenshin turns into the Battousai. If that happens, our mission will be a disaster.

Hiko: Why do I have to get involved with that idiot's fight? Maybe Saitoh can knock some sense into him.

Sano: Hiko come on, aren't you going to help him? He is still your pupil.

Hiko: He's no pupil of mine. If that idiot were really my pupil he would have gotten his woman in the sack long time ago. We wouldn't need to do this now.

Sano: Come on, you know how he is with women. I really need your help.

Hiko: No. I think I've wasted enough time on my baka deshi. I'm going back to my mountain. Besides, I need a drink.

Sano waved a bottle of saki back and forth in front of Hiko's face. Hiko snatched the saki from him and began drinking it. "There's more where that came from. Will you stay and help?" "More Saki hmm? Well on second thought my baka deshi has always been like a son to me and he really is an idiot when it comes to women. So, I guess I better go and help him out."

Kenshin and Saitoh is in the middle of their fight. Saitoh slams Kenshin against the wall. Kenshin falls and is momentarily knocked unconscious. Hiko quickly grabbed Saitoh and yanked him out of sight.

"What did you do that for? Things were starting to get interesting." Smirked Saitoh. Sano angrily replied, "You were only suppose to distract Kenshin, not kill him." "I wasn't trying to kill him," retorted Saitoh. I was just playing with him." "Playing huh? Well, that's not what we saw", said Sano. "Hmm, a wolf playing with its prey; how droll, quipped Hiko. Saitoh glared at Hiko. "We're wasting time! Let's move on to Phase Three." Hiko and Saitoh followed Sano.

Kenshin had finally stood up. He had gotten hit harder than expected by Saitoh. Kenshin looked around but didn't see Saitoh. Kenshin is thinking, "What's going on here? Kaoru-dono kidnapped, Saitoh and Aoshi working with Enishi. What's next? I must find Kaoru-dono before it is too late."


PHASE THREE

Kenshin smelled the perfume again. He followed the scent until he stumbled over something. "Kaoru-dono?" He was puzzled. He stood up and looked around. The section of the cave where he stood was filled with dolls that looked like Kaoru dressed in different clothing. Some dolls had brightly colored kimonos and others had western clothing. He kept picking up each one "Kaoru-dono? Kaoru-dono? Kaoru-dono?" No answer. Kaoru was in the same area as Kenshin but she couldn't move. She was tied up and had a piece of cloth in her mouth. She tried to get Kenshin's attention.

Kenshin was still looking at each doll. One Kaoru doll was outfitted in sexy lingerie from Fredericks of Hollywood. "Kaoru-dono?" Kenshin started drooling while looking at the doll, "Ohh Kaoru-dono!" Kaoru grew angry. She finally managed to spit the cloth out from her mouth. She yelled: KENSHIN!! YOU PERVERT!! I'M OVER HERE!! Kenshin dropped the doll. "Oroo!" He ran over to Kaoru. "Gomen Kaoru-dono. I thought that was… uhm…uhm… "KENSHIN! YOU JERK! Stop babbling and untie me!" "Hai, Kaoru-dono." "What were you doing with that doll anyway! She demanded" "I was uhm…uhm…trying to figure out how to untie it", Kenshin nervously said. Kaoru eyed him suspiciously.

Kenshin noticed that Kaoru was dressed in a bathrobe. Kenshin was shocked. "Enishi!! What did that mad man do to you Kaoru-dono?" Kaoru began to cry. "Oh Kenshin, it was awful." Kenshin put his arm around her. "Please tell me what happened Kaoru-dono." Kaoru sniffed and then said, "First he gave me this ugly cotton bathrobe. I only wear silk you know." Kenshin nodded. "Then he took my kimono". Kenshin was getting worried. "Go on Kaoru-dono, you can tell me." Kaoru had tears in her eyes, "He…He…" "Yes...Yes..." he urged. Kaoru cried, "He put my favorite yellow kimono on and modeled it in front of me. He looked better in it that I did. Waahh!! Boo ho!! "Oroo?" "Kaoru-dono, please calm down." Kenshin gave a sigh of relief.

Enishi was hiding with the rest of the group in the background. He saw Kenshin's expression. "What is he worried about? She is not my type. Besides, she is like a sister to me, even though she can't cook." Sano said, "Shhh!"

Kaoru was still crying. "Is that all he did to you Kaoru-dono?" "No." Kenshin began to worry again. "He…He…" "Yes...Yes... go on Kaoru-dono." "He made me eat my own cooking." Kenshin jumped up, "That fiend!!! No one should suffer such a fate!! I'll kill him for that!" "Kenshin! I thought you said you loved my cooking." Oroo! Kaoru whacked him on the head. "I hate you Kenshin!" Waah!

Misao: This is not going well.

Hiko. That idiot!!

"Kaoru-dono, please don't cry. I really do love your cooking. It's just that when I heard that Enishi had kidnapped you again, I was so worried. I'm not thinking clearly right now.

Misao: Good come back Himura. There may be hope for you yet.

"Kaoru-dono I thought I would never see you again. I thought that monster Enishi was starting Jinchuu all over again."

Enishi: "Monster? Monster? What's with him? Why is he defaming my character? Udo Jin-eh kidnapped the girl before I did. Do you hear him slandering his name, Nooo."

Saitoh: Shut up you maniac!

Kenshin begin to think about Jinchuu. He held his head down. Kaoru lifted his head. "Oh Kenshin, I was so worried about you too. I don't know what I would do without you." Kenshin gently pulls her closer to him.

Misao: This is so romantic. It looks like they're finally going to confess their love.

Sano smiled: I knew my plan would work.

Megumi: Shhh! You big rooster head! Keep quite!

While still in Kenshin's arms, Kaoru thinks "Should I confess my love to him now? No one is around. I think I can do this." Kaoru musters up courage. "Kenshin I…" Kenshin turns to her. He looked at her with his big beautiful violet eyes and answers, "Yes, Kaoru-dono." (Kaoru gets nervous. "He's looking at me. He is so cute. I love the way he looks at me. What do I do now? Suppose he doesn't really love me. I will make a fool of myself. I can't go through with this. I must wait for him to make the first move.) Kenshin asks again, "Yes Kaoru-dono?" Kaoru turns her head. "Nothing."

Yahiko: I knew that ugly girl would blow it.

Sano: Shhh! We got to give them another chance.

Kenshin looked down at Kaoru while he is holding her in his arms. He thinks, "She is so beautiful. I almost lost her today. I don't want to lose her again. I should confess my love to her right now." Kenshin looks at her, "Kaoru-dono I… Kaoru looked up into his eyes. He sees her beautiful blue eyes. (I love the way she looks at me. She is so cute and innocent. Wait! What am I doing? This is a mistake. Suppose she doesn't love me the same way that I love her. I'll make a fool of myself. I think I better wait.) Kaoru anxiously asked: Yes Kenshin? Kenshin looked away from her, "Nothing." Kaoru is clearly disappointed. She puts her head down.

Hiko: What an idiot!!

Saitoh says, "That's it!" He walks out towards Kaoru and Kenshin. Sano yells: "Saitoh Wait!" Aoshi said, "Too late!"

Sano: Well I guess it's time for Plan B


GO TO PART THREE