Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ More Than A Memory ❯ Whispers ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
This is my first official fanfic, and I’m pretty sure it sucks ass.  But if you would be kind enough to read it, and leave a comment on anything I can do to alter it and make it better it would be greatly appreciated!  And, I do not have a beta, so if anyone is interested, please tell me!
Also, I’m sorry the first chapter is so short, I was mainly using it to put my ideas down on ÒpaperÓ.  The future ones will be longer.Also, the rating might go up in future chapters.

I DO NOT OWN RUROUNI KENSHIN!!!!!  Although I wish I did!


More than a memory Ch1: Whispers
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


‘Whi ch one should I choose?!’  Said the ever-conflicted kaoru kamiya.  The question sparkled in her cerulean blue eyes as she stared at the different
nick-knacks  lining the shelves of the street vendors cart.  Tae’s birthday was only days away and she needed to find the perfect gift to suit her friend.  Eventually the man on her left decided to answer her.  ÒTry the sakura blossom one, you know she likes flowers,Ó he said as he pointed to a small silk flower that was threatening to blow away in the afternoon breeze.  She glared at the lilac-eyed ginger that had been following her for the past two years.  He hadn’t always there.  Just since her sixteenth birthday just after the accident, at first he only appeared at the worst times like when she was sad or deep in thought or confused.  Now though, he just appeared whenever he felt like it.  Quelling her rising irritation she paid for the flower and walked over to the path leading home with the man still hot on her heals.  Once she reached the tree line, where no one would see them, she stopped and turned to look at him.  She sighed and said, ÓI know you are only trying to help but I can make some decisions on my own you know.Ó  He only smiled and agreed.  Even though it got annoying to have him around giving suggestions, he was almost always right with his choices and she did like the company.
She turned around and kept walking.  ÒEven after all this time I still don't know your name.Ó she whispered to darkness, for he had already disappeared. Night was setting and the air was slowly growing crisp.  Kaoru had picked up the pace once the sun had started set and had arrived home just as the last of the suns rays dipped below the horizon. Just as she was about to close the well-worn gate she herd a voice carried softly on the breeze ÒKenshin.  This one’s name is Kenshin Himura, that it isÓ.  Startled she stared out the half closed gate.  Kaoru reopened the door and looked down the road, but there was not a soul in sight.  A shiver crept down her spine as she closed the gate again and headed inside.  
‘Maybe some exercise will do me some good’ she thought as she headed for her room to change.  As she pulled off her old kimono and shrugged on her pale crme gi and midnight blue hakama she started to relax a little.  As instructor to the kamiya kasshin ryu style she couldn't let such childish stuff scare her.  Walking to the dojo she grabbed a candle from the small table in the hall.  Stepping into the cool damp room she set the candle down in the middle and went to grab a wooden sword from the wall.  Holding it at the ready she started the kata.  Swinging the blade in one smooth movement she fell into a steady calm that not even the earlier incident could shake.  Her shadow dancing on the wall from the single flickering candle illuminating the room.
Only once she had gone through all the steps and she was so tired that she doubted she would move for a week did she stop and put the sword down.  Kaoru picked up the candle and headed back to her room.  Too tired to take a bath she just pulled off the sweat covered garments and crawled into bed.  Despite her dogged tiredness her whirling mind refused to let her sleep just yet.  They swept over the events of the day, her friends, the accident, and just about everything else to keep her awake.  Her thoughts eventually drifted to her strange friend.  ‘I guess its Kenshin now huhÉ’.   Soon after, she closed her eyes and drifted to sleep at last.



So I know it sucked, but feedback is greatly appreciated.  R&R Please!!!!!!
Converting /tmp/phpvrhaQS to /dev/stdout