Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ No More Lies:Missing,Loving,Hateing ❯ No More Lies ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Rurouni Kenshin

No More Lies:Missing,Loving,Hateing

Chapter 1

No More Lies

Kaoru sat on her bed deep in thought."I miss him,yet I'm glad he is gone.I love him,though I hate him."She said to herself in a whisper as she began to cry.Down the hall Sanosake,Yahiko,and Megume heard Kaoru's crying."Isn't funny that Kenshin said he would never make Kaoru cry,though he is the reason she has been crying day and night?"Sanosake said with sympathy in his voice.

"You must understand Sanosake,Kenshin doesn't mean to make her cry when he leaves.He loves her,but he has to leave to be able to protect her."Megume said to her husband.Yahiko shook his head then said,"I really feel sorry for her.Kenshin hasn't wrote in a month,she doesn't know whether he is alive or dead somewhere."

Tsubame smiled when she came in,that is, until she heard Kaoru's crying."Is she crying again?"She asked as she sat down beside her husband,Yahiko."Yeah,she does almost every day because Kenshin hasn't wrote or anything."Tsubame shook her head sadly as Sanosake said,"If Kenshin loved her,he wouldn't leave her and not write!"He stated as he pounded his fists upon the table.

"I must agree,but only to some point.I think they almost had a better relationship before they got married."Megume said with a sad voice."I'm with ya on that one.He would always be here to protect her,nowa days,he's always gone on some journey somewhere to fight."Yahiko said as he took a sup of his tea."But then again,he has been through alot in his life.Has he not?"Megume said to the others.

"I guess you're right.He has been married before,but his wife,Tomoe,was killed.I guess he thinks he has to be careful or he will loose Kaoru to the same thing."Yahiko stated. "Yeah,and maybe the same for his sons."Sanosake said as he started to eat another riceball.Just then,the two youngsters came in.In the lead was Kioru Himura,the eldest of Kenshin's two sons,and behind him came his younger brother Kenji Himura.They smiled thier rurouni smiles.

"Hello Uncle Sano,Uncle Yahi,Aunt Megu,and Aunt Tsu."Stated Kioru with his Ruroni smile.He looked just like Kenshin. Kenji smiled and said,"Hewo Uncwe Sano,Uncwe Yahi,Aunt Megu,and Aunt Tsu."The younger of the two heard his mother's crying before his 3 year older brother.Kenji was of 5,while Kioru was 8.Kenji pulled on his brother's kimono and said,"Mommy's crying."Kenji looked up.

Kioru listened then started to walk to his mother's bedroom.Kenji followed,holding onto the back of his brother's kimono. When Kioru and Kenji enter their mother's bedroom,they see her sitting on her futon crying."What's wrong mother?"Kioru asked as he sat down beside her."Kioru,Kenji,what are you two doing in here?"

"We heard you crying."Kioru said as his brother nodded."Yeah Mommy,why were you crying?"Kenji says with sad eyes. "I'm crying because I don't know where your father is,and if he is coming back."Kaoru says sadly."Mama?" "Yes Kioru?" "Why do you love father if all he does is leave and make you cry?"Kioru asked with a definite tone."I love him because he is a great man."Kaoru said in a dreamy voice."But all daddy does is make you cry?"Kenji stated.

'They're both right at this point.Kenshin stays away from home more than any man I know.'Kaoru thought to herself."No Kenji,your father doesn't always make me cry.He makes me happy by loving me and by fighting for me in his own way." "You mean the way father showed us,with his reverse blade sword."Kioru said with a questioning look.Kaoru laughed alittle then smiled a happy smile.

"Yes Kioru,with his reverse blade sword.He shows he loves my by always fighting to protect me.He is also protecting you two,Sanosake,Megume,Tsubame,Yahiko,and all his other friends." Kioru nodded,he understood alittle better now."But why does father have to fight such a long ways from home?"Kioru asked."He has to fight where ever his enemy is."Kioru shook his head is dismay.

"I wanted to be like father someday,but I don't want to make people I love cry over me the way you cry over him."Kioru said. Kenji had quietly sneeked out of the room and into the waiting arms of Aunt Megume.Sanosake,Megume,Yahiko,Tsubame,and Kenji listened quietly at the door to Kioru and Kaoru's conversation.Kaoru shook her head at her son."I cry because I love him Kioru,because I care."

"Mother?" "Yes Kioru?" "What if one day father goes out to fight,and he doesn't come back?"Kaoru froze,how did Kioru know that his father was sick and would die in a few years?! "That will never happen son." "Are you sure?" "Yes,I'm sure.Your father will live until he is a very old man,and then he will die here with me and his friends."Kioru nodded,that would have to do for now,atleast.

Meanwhile Sanosake and the other's went to another room to talk."So,Kioru thinks his father will die on the battle field." Sanosake said with thought."Yeah,I always pictured Kenshin dying that way,or in Kaoru's arms on the battlefield."Yahiko stated with tears."Last time Sir Ken was here,he was sick with something.I think Kaoru has the same thing he has."Megume said as she held Kenji.

Kenji looked up at the sound of his mommy and daddy's names."Aunt Megu?" "Yes Kenji?" "Is daddy ever gonna come back to mommy?" "Yes Kenji,your father will come back to your mother."Kenji smiled a smile of relief."I miss daddy.He promised to come back for my birthdway."Sanosake looked at Kenji and said,"He will,don't worry."But something at the back of Sanosake's mind told him that something wouldn't be right when Kenshin came home.