Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Part Of Your World ❯ Chapter 1 Thier Lives ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
A/n: Hi all, This is a new story of mine that just popped into my head one day and i began to brainstorm how I'm going to write it, it's my first time writing fantasy so i hope I can get that part the way I'm hoping.
 
Full summary: Kaoru is a demon, Kenshin is human. Demons and Humans have been at war for 500 years, an unexpected meeting turns into an unexpected love, will there love be enough to break the barriers among their societies.
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Rurouni Kenshin
 
Chapter one Their lives.
 
The sun had already set and the new moon was now beaming down the only source of light for the Meiji Forest, the forest that has both the beauty and the horrors that the world can imagine. This forest was territory to two species that have been at war for more than 500 years. Those two species were humans and demons.
 
This war was conceived because of greed, greed for the land of the forest that they both wanted to possess completely. Humans wanted the land because of resources that the forest naturally produces. On the other hand the demons always lived in that forest and it has been for the last 500 years it was their source of shelter, food, and magic the element that the forest produces and the demons are known to use that to hunt and it's their way of living.
 
Humans and demons can be told apart from their physical appearance, demons have ghostly pale skin, abnormal hair and eye color such as blue, green and purple while humans usually have darker hair and eyes color, either black or brown. The way they dress is also different in which demons are usually clothed with some thing out of animal skin or fur that are fashioned in wild way while the humans use cotton and silk to produce gis and Kiminos
 
That is how these two species lived for the last 500 years, by spilling each others blood and killing each other, just because both of them wanted a piece of land. These beliefs of don't convince Kaoru Kamiya though.
 
Kaoru Kamiya is a demon by pure blood and is part of one of the most powerful demon families in the demon societies, both by power and by strength. She was extremely attractive and is very desired among the other male bachelors in her village, she had long dark blue hair that reached her waist and is usually tied up in a high ponytail and sapphire blue eyes, she was wearing a dark blue grassy styled tank top and matching skirt, her weapons consist of a sword, a dagger and her very sharp dark blue nails. But unlike all the other demons she doesn't agree that what her people and the human are going is right, even though she was a demon and has the instinct to kill, she never believed that spilling blood is the key to solving anything.
 
She was on her normal route for patrolling the forest, her people often sent demons to patrol their territory just in case any human wanted to sneak into their land, but Kaoru would sometimes find herself going towards the Human land.
 
Her curiosity gets the better of them sometimes; he wanted to know how the human's lived and how they communicate with each other. From her observations, she noticed that outside battle humans are a very gentle and loving species who live at peace with each other, unlike her own people where blood is also spilt among each other if a demon's honor has been offended. Kaoru sometimes find herself longing to be apart of the peaceful human world.
 
“KAORU” she was startled when she heard a familiar voice behind her, she whirled around only to find her older brother glaring at her. He too had the same sapphire eyes but had light grey hair; his clothing consisted of dark brown wolf fur that was made into pants, while his upper body remained bare.
 
 
“Kenta what are you doing here?” she asked as she jumped off of a bolder that she usually sits to observe the humans.
 
“I came to get you of course, you were late coming back from you patrol” he scolded crossing his arms.
 
“I'm sorry” she apologized hanging her head low in shame.
 
“How many times to I have to tell you not to cross into enemy territory, you can easily be spotted and outnumbered by the human” said Kenta giving her the lecture she knew too well.
 
“You know me better than that brother, after all you did train me” Kaoru pointed out
 
“Yes I know, I may be your master, but I am still your older brother and I worry about you” said Kenta losing the glare and putting his arm around her shoulder. “Let's go back”
 
“Alright”
 
 
Meanwhile in the human village, a young man no older than 25 sat down in front the fire where all the young men in his village usually sit down and talk. He wasn't a sociable person but there wasn't anything better to other than to train with his master, but unfortunately his master told him to take a break and sit with the other young men his age.
 
His name was Kenshin Himura, a pure blooded human who lived in this village all his life, and yet he was the outcast, because even though he though he had pure human blood, his appearance was those of a demon.
 
His long red hair and sharp violet eyes are the ones that made him an outcast and a freak among his people; he got these physical differences because of what he considered to be a mistake made by his grandfather when he was young. He married a female demon.
 
Of course that caused quite a ruckus among the humans and demons, the joining of a male human and a female demon was forbidden but never the less his grandfather was determined to marry what he claimed to be his one and only love.
 
Now Kenshin is paying the price for that mistake, his appearance made his people loath him, his mother did everything she could to protect him but sadly lost her own life in the process.
 
“Mother” thought Kenshin as he raised his arm to touch a cross shaped scar on his cheek, a scar that will forever brand him as an outcast.
 
He received on the first day that he went to school, when he was walking back home at the end of the day, a gang of older children grabbed him and beat him up, just because he had the features of a demon, then gave him that scar so that everyone would know that he is different and a freak. His mother was shocked and was in tears when he finally came home, all bruised and bloodied.
 
“It's alright, you are not a freak or an outcast, you are a talented and perfect human boy… someday my son you will show them that” she had said after she cleaned him up.
 
And he did, after his mother died he trained intensely in order to become stronger and it finally paid off, he was now one of the strongest swordsmen in the village and it is that strength that has finally earned him the respect and position in the village.
 
He knew that he had some resentment towards some of the villagers, but his true hatred was directed towards the demons, because they were the cause of all of his suffering as a child, that useless wrench seduced his grandfather and made him take her as a wife, making him the evidence and victim of their joining.
 
He swore that with all of his strength that he would fight the demons until every single one of them was killed and forgotten.
 
And nothing is going to change his mind