Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Rekindled Darkness ❯ Chapter 17

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

AN: Hey guys I hope you get this ok, ff.net’s telling me the category’s down (scratches head) any way I’ve got the next 2 and ½ chapters hand written all I have to do is type ‘em up so see you soon!

 

Opinion: How do you guys think the fire will be put out? (I’m kinda stumped on that so I’m running in to one option, but if you guys have any ideas, help! ^_^ thanks

 

Disclaimer: I do not own RK

 

Chapter 17:

            Hannya still lay where Kaoru had smacked him moments earlier trying to contemplate how this could have possibly happened… when something came down hard on his back. “Hump!” he let out a grunt and when he turned his head he could only see a boy running away from the burning dojo as fast as he possibly could.

            ; Hannya shook his head as he stood up; his okashira was not going to be happy with him about this…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        ;     “Kaoru-san!” Megumi said sternly trying to get the other woman’s attention.

          & nbsp; “Huh?” Kaoru inquired as she snapped back to reality.

          &nb sp; “I need cold water now, Kaoru!”

         &nbs p;  “R-right, I’ll go get some from the well…” she trailed off when she saw a large tree not too far from the well had caught fire and could fall at any moment, ‘now… do you want him to die?…’ Megumi’s words echoed through her head. Turing her blood streaked face to Megumi her eyes shown with determination “I’ll get that water!” and with that she raced over to the well…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        ;     Kenshin looked down at the now unconscious form of Beshimi, his raging flames of anger had cooled slightly now that the threat had been neutralized…

          ;   He felt a certain sense of gratification when he saw Beshimi’s broken nose, ‘Nobody hurts those under my protection and gets away with it.’  

            ; He was just about you turn his attention to the burning building when he picked up one more unknown ki entering the dojo…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hannya narrowed his eyes at Megumi and the injured man, ‘Why hasn’t she been apprehended yet?’ He slowly scanned the area with his eyes trying to find a clue as to what had happened. His question was answered a moment later when his eyes fell on ‘Hyottoko… how could this have happened?’   

           ;  When he looked back towards Megumi he found two narrowed blue eyes starring back at him before an unconscious Beshimi flung to at his feet.

            “Take them and leave…” Kenshin said icily a great contrast to the raging fires reflected in his steal eyes.