Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Sketches ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER THREE
 
He smiled at me as I turned to face him. I can't believe it…he…he's real…the guy in my head…
 
“Hey…” he greeted to me as he reached for his cup.
 
“H-Hi…” I stammered back. He smiled again before he left some bills on the counter, “Well, see ya…”
 
“…Bye…” I whispered as he walked further away. I stood there, not minding my frozen dessert anymore. I saw him with some other friends he had at a nearby table. He was so…unbelievably real…he didn't have brown hair! He had…red…crimson red…I'm gonna have to change my drawings! I couldn't get my eyes off him! Come on Kamiya! Get a grip will you! He looked behind his back and smiled at me, he made some gestures to his friends and laughed a bit. Who the heck cares if he's talking about me? I certainly don't…
 
Voices started coming in through my ears and my senses started to come back…
 
“Miss? Miss, I said, Are you gonna pay for that?” the man asked me sternly from the counter. Reality hit me like a bolt of lightning would, “Yes…how much was it again?”
 
I paid the good man and started walking my way back to the second-hand store. That's right, Kaoru! Forget about him! At least you got a glimpse of him, ne? As soon as I was about to exit, a very familiar voice rang through my ears.
 
“Kaoru…? I-Is that you!?” I stopped dead on my tracks as I recognized the voice calling for me…
 
…Enishi…
 
“Kaoru! Look guys! It's Kaoru!” he announced my triumphant appearance to his group. I forced myself to turn around to meet him and his PATHETIC face! I smirked at him at placed my left hand on my waist, “Long time no see, Enishi…guys…”
 
“Okay guys, me and my girl need some time alone…” how dare he call me his girl?! We broke out for almost a year now! That jerk! He flung his arm around my shoulder as he forced me to walk outside to the parking lot with him. I tried flicking his arm off me but he was so stiff! I think the guy's drunk! He kept rambling about me STILL being his girlfriend…
 
“Where are we going? Where are you taking me?!” I panicked as he led me to a little alley behind the parking lot.
 
“Kaoru…I really missed you…” He huffed as he lowered his glasses.
 
“God! You are drunk!” I said pushing him away but to no avail. He pushed me flat on the wall as he sniffed down my neck puffing words out of his mouth. Man, he reeks! He slowly slid my jacket down my arms, “Enishi, you drunk! Get your slimy hands off me!”
 
“You always were a great kisser, Kaoru…” He panted as he looked up to me from my chest, “Hentai!” I pushed him even harder but he was getting stiffer by the minute! He forced my lips to meet mine. “Mmpphh!” My words muffled through his lips. We separated and he had this very scary look on his face, “Enishi, please…” he balled his fist and hit me. I fell flat on the ground and sobbed softly. This is why I left him…he ALWAYS gets everything he wants…
 
“Urgh!” I grunted as he kicked me from my position. Tears started flowing down uncontrollably from my eyes.
 
The last thing I saw was that red-headed man barging in…and then…I passed out…
 
* * *
I slowly regained consciousness only to find out I was back at mine and Misao's flat. I sat up straight and listened to the petty arguments held from outside my bedroom.
 
“Itai…” I squirmed and clutched my side. Damn! I raised my shirt and found an `almost treated' bruise.
 
“You don't understand! I was…” a male voice tried to argue from outside.
 
“Oh no, you don't! You were probably just making the whole `saving act' as cover but in fact, you WERE the one who beat her up! Is that right?!” Misao yelled.
 
“Iie Misao-chan…he saved me…” I interfered as I walked out, my hand still clutching my side.
 
“Kaoru-san! Daijoubu desu ka?” Misao practically jumped and shook me. I felt my insides gurgling to come out as she wobbled me from side to side, “M-Misao Ch-Chan!” I yelled furiously.
 
“G-gomen!” she apologized as soon as she stopped. The red-headed man stood in surprise from behind, complete with wide saucer-like eyes and a gaping mouth.
 
“Ano…I'm sorry I put you through a lot there…Thanks…” I approached the man.
 
“That's okay…You feeling any better?” he asked as he pointed to my side with his eyes, “Much…” I replied and smiled back at him.
 
 
“Oh my gosh! I need to take the laundry! See you! By the way, red-head, sorry I misjudged you!” Misao rampaged through the front door.
 
 
“Well…I better get going…” he said as he grabbed his coat.
 
“NO! I mean…Stay for a while. Please.” I said, slightly gripping his hand. His soft nod assured his approval. I led him to the living room and fixed a cup of coffee for the both of us…
 
“I'm Kaoru, by the way. Kamiya Kaoru. What's your name?”
 
“Himura…Kenshin.”