Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Smile of Death ❯ Death's First Hug ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Smile of Death
Chapter 1: The Sword Hunter and the Beautiful Maiden



"I said I would wander for ten years to find my own path. But the truth is that this world is much more simple and easy to understand than I thought. Mr. Himura, the Battousai... was wrong. The strong in this world will live and the weak will die. These are the words I choose to live by. But in a different sense. I'm only 19 years old but I thirst for an honorable death. A death in battle at the hands of someone truly stronger than I. This is going to be much more difficult than you'd think. There are only two beings I've ever met stronger than me. Mr. Himura, and Lord Shishio. Lord Shishio is dead and Mr. Himura won't kill. Therefore I need to find someone new. But until that day, I guess I'll loose my family name of Soujiro Seta, and adopt a new name: Takai Bishou. Which of course means "Death Smile". I will one day be known as the true greatest man slayer of all time. I'll make Japan forget there was ever such a person as Kenshin Himura, the Battousai. So... What do you think Mr. Cho?"

Takai keeps a smile on his face as usual While Cho, the sword hunter contemplates what he just heard.

"Death Smile, aye? He begins, I gotta admit kid I like the sound of it. But I have only one question to ask of you. Of course I was a member of the Jupangatana along side you, so you know I am among the strongest in the country, is that correct? So then I can only assume that you have come to kill me, am I right?"

Cho stands up and braces himself for battle, unable to read what is about to happen due to Takai's lack of emotion.

"You overestimate yourself Mr. Cho, Takai giggles. Fighting you would do nothing for a swordsmen of my calliber. I came here for one reason and one reason only. I need a sword. My old one is dull and useless. You know more about swords than anyone I've ever met. Will you aid me in this by offering me a sword? If not, I guess you were correct on your guess of me coming to kill you." Takai continues to smile, not showing his emotions one bit.

"I'm afraid I can't hep you there partner, Cho begins, If I was to give you a sword right now, I'm relatively certain you'd attack me so no one can trace your steps. I know this cause you think just like your master, Lord Shishio. The fact of the matter is... you have no sword on you right now. You couldn't kill me if I didn't give you one. So... I'm gonna have to pass on your little offer to let me live, and I think it would be just about the stupidest thing you've ever done to try and do something about it. Hmmm..."

*Takai stands up calmly with a smile and lunges quickly at Cho. Cho reaches for a the sword by his waste but before he could grab the sword it was already unsheathed. It now was gripped tightly in the hands of Takai.

"Draw your weapon so killing you will be slightly enjoyable," Takai says.

*Cho reaches for the sword on his back and lunges towards Takai. Takai easily dodges Cho's attack and is swiftly behind the swordhunter. With one stab of his own sword, Cho is impailed by the strongest of the Jupangatana. The fight is over before it ever began.

"You will live Mr. Cho, Takai explained with that familiar emotionless smile, I do not wish you dead just yet, for I know you will tell great stories of my strength and speed. And possibly even my mercy. But this is the last time I'll ever show mercy to my opponent, for from this moment forward, I am no longer Soujiro Seta. I am Takai Bishou. The greatest man-slayer of all time. Well... I'll b going now Mr. Cho. I've already warned a doctor of this. He should be getting here any moment now. Take care and be safe!"

"Wait... Soujiro... You are truly the strongest warrior I've ever seen... Cho stated."

"Thank you Mr. Cho, but I am no where near Kenshin Himura or even Lord Shishio. Maybe one day, maybe one day... Until that time, I'll serve death with a smile to those weaker than me! Like I've said countless times... The strong will survive and the weak will die."

*Knock knock*

"Ah, it must be the doctor! Proclaims Takai, I guess I'll be leaving now."

Takai exits through the door being knocked on, walking right by the doctor. He catches a glmpse of the doctor. A girl. As beautiful as Takai has ever seen. Though he keeps walking past her as if she's not there, she calls to him.

"Hello! Sir? What an odd character. No man has ever walked by me without turning into a complete pig and admiring my beauty. After I get done with this patient, I shall hope to meet with that boy. He's different than the rest."

Takai shows no emotion as usual, but the thought that crosses his mind is this. [That doctor... Such remarkable beauty. If I was normal, surely I would make a pass at her. But that is not the case. That can NEVER be the case.]

Three Days Later:

Takai is walking through Kyoto as he had to come there to see Cho, the Swordhunter. Carrying a sword by his waste, Takai naturally attracts a great deal of attention as he walks down the road. He can here the on-lookers mumble to eachother, "Hey,why is that guy carrying a sword? And he's just a kid!".

"AHH!! Takai says as he turns around with his eyes gleaming in the sun, I smell blood! Does this mean there is a warrior here right now? Who is it? Show yourself! It's been almost a year since I've felt this kind of presence!"

*DINK!*

*A figure from the crowd of on-lookers bolts toward Takai only to have his element of surprise be ruined by Takai's speed of the draw! With just the handle from his sword Takai thrusts it into the perp's neck, collapsing his lungs causing him to die instantly. The on-lookers are terrified.

"Are you afraid for your lives? He he! There is nothing to be afraid of. Even if I were to kill any of you, it would be just as quick and painless as it was for this man!"

An on-looker yells, "Please! GET OUT OF HERE NOW!!!"

Takai replies with a smirk as he inchest towards the man, "Are you telling me what to do? NO ONE TELLS ME WHAT TO DO!!!"

*Takai raises his sword to slaughter the man but is grabbed from behind and...... hugged.

"What?!?!? Never has this happened to me before!!! Who is.... who is... hugging me??"

Takai looks behind to see that it is the doctor from his battle with Cho. A beautiful woman.



To be continued...