Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Surrounded By Shadows ❯ Amber Ambition ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Here's the reworked chappie 3, Amber Ambition, have fun and feel free to criticize!
 
Disclaimer:
Kenshin's hair is red,
 
That's a fact that's true.
 
But that I own Rurouni Kenshin,
 
That's a lie I'm telling you!
 

From Chapter 2: Turquoise Tears
 
"What are you talking about? The raccoon girl hasn't been here all day" the doctor grinned evilly and Misao could almost see the fox ears adorning her scheming head. "Maybe she met a nice man and is happily ravishing him in a corner somewhere!" Misao blanched at the older woman and shook her head.
 
“That's just wrong…even for you Megumi…” Megumi pouted and her arms folded over her chest as she looked down at the shorter girl. Knowing the doctor was about to insinuate some thing else, Misao quickly spun on her heel and strode purposefully back down the hallway she had come.
 
“Thanks fox-lady, I guess that's a no and I have to go check somewhere else…” As she turned the corner, the doctor frowned at the nickname and returned to her office,
 
“What was wrong with that line? I thought it was good…”
 

 
Misao turned the corner and strode miserably down the hallway. Why did Kaoru have to have the driving license...she couldn't even drive that well! Shaking her head, Misao placed a hand on the bathroom hand scanner. If Kaoru wasn't in here, the girl had probably vanished off the face of the Earth, Misao thought with a smile. As she took a step in Misao noticed the lights were off, casting the room into darkness. Shivering the girl took another step in before recoiling blindly as a warm, almost pulsing object hit her ankle.
 
Groping around the door, Misao felt the beginning of worry come over her when she realized the automatic lights still hadn't come on. Tripping over her own feet, Misao had an unexpected meeting with the floor. Reaching up as her back hit against solid wall, she managed to flick on the manual lights, the fuzzy glow filling the room. A groan came from the prone figure on the floor and Misao rushed forward when she correctly identified the large lump on the ground was Kaoru.

"K-K-K-KAORU! WAKE UP!" Eerily glowing
slitted sapphire eyes opened slowly and Kaoru sat up, running her tongue over her dry lips. Misao took a step back at the creepy look in her friend's eyes but hesitantly reached out a hand. "K-K-Kaoru? A-A-Are you o-o-okay?" Her question was cut short when Kaoru lunged at her with the natural born speed of a wild predator. Violently her teeth ripped into Misao's neck, the girl's eyes widening as she slowly began to loose feeling in her arms and legs, unconscious slowly creeping up on her. "W-Why Kaoru? Why are you doing this?" Kaoru's eyes snapped open from her feeding bliss and her pupils receded back into circles when the other girl's voice slowly prodded at her subconscious. Hurriedly she dropped her arms, watching in horror as Misao fell to the ground.

"Oh god...MISAO!" Shaking her friend gently Kaoru screamed at the ceiling, towards the small speaker in the ceiling, "COMPUTER! USER ID 59084 CALL THE KITSUNE CLINIC NOW!" An audible dial tone filled the room and a feminine voice answered.

"Hello?"

"Megumi, it's Kaoru...Misao...I bit her!"

"What!" Horror was plainly evident in the doctor's voice, even over the phone. The line went dead, and Kaoru nearly burst into tears at the ominous buzzing.
“Dammit! Why did my hunger suddenly come back?” The door slid open and Megumi ran in, immediately bending down to check Misao's pulse.

"She's fine Kaoru...she'll live…hopefully without any consequences." The doctor gave Kaoru a knowing look, "I'll take her to the clinic...she'll probably need a slight blood transfusion and maybe some rest in the clinic." Kaoru nodded not trusting her voice to speak as Megumi took out a small palm pilot and pressed a button. Moments later a small stretcher rolled into the room, guided by a small transmitter attached to the wheels. Nodding briskly to Kaoru, Megumi walked out of the bathroom, one hand carefully guiding the moving stretcher to the elevator.
 


Swaying slightly, she walked outside and blinked at the bright light. It was around 4 in the evening and the sun had yet to go down in the warm summer nights. Blinking back tears, she limply walked down the street before collapsing into a boneless pile on the sidewalk. Tears danced in her eyes but she forcefully pushed them back. Her concentration so focused on the emotional struggle, Kaoru completely missed the presence of another until a hand clapped over her mouth. Struggling uselessly against the arms wrapped around her waist and shoulders, her eyes widened as the aura sight appeared over her normal sight again.
 
She had to feed, she had to feel the smooth liquid flowing down her throat, she needed to eat and sedate the great hunger that Misao had only slightly diminished. As her fangs elongated her mouth opened and she bit down on the hand covering her mouth, the sharp incisors cutting through the skin like a knife through butter. A sharp intake behind her informed her that her attacker was not suspecting such a move. As she gently lapped at the bite marks, the other unknown hand pushed her hair off her neck. Swallowing the small amount of blood she had received, she paused briefly wondering what her captor was doing. Fangs piercing her flesh made her gasp and, turning slightly, she caught a fleeting glance at her vampire assailant. Starting at the familiar crimson hair, she stiffened and reached up to tangle her fingers to the red strands, tugging violently.

"Let go of me!" The fangs retreated and the vampire released her, watching as Kaoru flicked her hair back over her shoulder, covering the red bite mark. "You" she spoke the word with such hatred and disgust, that the man had to smile.

"Yes, it's me. So...How are you, my little vampire princess?" Kaoru's eyes narrowed and she took a step back. The next two syllables that came from her mouth made the man burst into laughter.

"Screw you"

Silence reigned over the two as the vampire in front of her gazed at her tense form, a smirk dancing on his lips. Moments passed before Kaoru realized that the aura sight that should have been taking over had not yet returned. Frowning slightly, she glared at the vampire,

'What did you do!?"

"I only took away your hunger," The evil countenance was gone, replaced by an innocent amethyst-eyed expression, "That I did." Cobalt orbs narrowed in distrust,

"What do you mean? 'Took away my hunger'" The vampire smiled showing his gleaming white fangs and his eyes shifted back into the amber colour.

"I did just that. I took it away from you. I
am your creator, am I not?" Kaoru tensed as the golden orbs locked onto her own stubborn blue ones. Giving a very un-lady-like snort, Kaoru spun tossing her hair at the scarlet-haired man.

"Whatever... I'm going" Amber eyes narrowed and before Kaoru realized what had happened, his fangs had re-pierced her slender neck. Her eyes slowly slid halfway shut in a trance of pure pleasure as she felt the warming feel of the vampire's aura enveloping her own. Wobbling precariously on knees that threatened to collapse, Kaoru found she was slowly falling under the vampire's spell, her blood supply quickly draining. Regaining some vigour in her legs, she straightened and reached behind her until her groping fingers found the thick strands of hair. One hand tangled in the red mane, the other reaching down, quickly finding his neck before crushing her thumb into his windpipe. Annoyed, he drew back, releasing her neck from his fangs,

"What are you doing, Kaoru-koi?" Ignoring the anger present in the voice, Kaoru yanked the captive hair, snapping his head back before kicking him and running down the street. Letting her fangs come out after years of training them NOT to
was difficult, Kaoru thought with a sigh. Finally the sharp teeth appeared and her speed increased, the wind caressing her midnight blue hair. Reaching out, she slammed her hand on the scanner and watched as the doors opened and shut behind her. Looking into the dark alleyway that the vampire had come out of, Kaoru shivered and turned to quietly walk upstairs, willing her vampire traits to hide again.
 
The fact he was back stunned her enough but the way he had seemed to want to sink his teeth into her neck was even more shocking. It was almost like he needed her blood, Kaoru thought shaking her head. It was ridiculous. What would the vampire king need with her blood? Slamming her office door open, her fury grew and she pounded a fist into the undeserving wall, watching it cave in around her tiny fist. If only she could smash the bastard's face in like that. Glaring at the hole in the wall Kaoru stalked into her office.

Battousai...Battousai the Bastard
It seemed to work