Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ The Announcement ❯ The Announcement Part 2: ~Kaoru's Reaction~ ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Part 2: (sorry it's a bit short)

A few weeks later, Sano was laid out in his apartment snoring loudly without a care in the world when Megumi and Yahiko burst in. "Hey, wake up you lazy good-for-nothing!," Megumi screamed as she slapped Sano with her fancy paper fan.

"Don't you even know that today is your own engagement party you moron!," Yahiko chimed in.

"Wha----whatttt!?," Sano popped up suddenly and yelled. "Don't tell me i'm late!!!"

"Luckily for you, you have great friends like us that came here to make certain that you didn't cop out, and hurt dear Ken!," Megumi scolded with her finger pointed in Sano's face. This made Sano a bit angry, and on the verge of tears he screamed back at Megumi, "Hey! Don't act like you know everything! I love Kenshin just as much as all of you do, and I'd never stand him up!" Megumi saw the apparent pain and truth in Sano's eyes and sighed, "I'm sorry Sanosuke, I didn't mean to be so harsh, but I can't help but be protective of dear Ken."

Yahiko, who was kinda shocked listening to the conversation finally spoke up.

"Wow Sano, I'm just finding out about this whole thing, and I had no idea you two cared this much for each other." Sano smiled up at Yahiko, who he knew was having a hard time understanding all of this. "I mean---it is odd for two men to get married....," Yahiko chirped as he looked down at his shoes and twidled his fingers. "B--but atleast Kenshin doesn't have to marry that ugly raccoon-face Kaoru!!!" Yahiko began to laugh as he pictured Kaoru digging through a trashcan, racoon tail and all.

Sano grined at Yahiko as he ran to his closet and tossed his for once, clean clothes on. `Speakin' of missy, how is she really taking this??,' Sano thought.

"KENSHIN!!!!!! I have some more things that I need you to do!," Kaoru screamed through the dojo.

"Ughh...I-I'm coming Ms. Kaoru!," Kenshin called with his arms already full of dirty laundry.

Kenshin and the others had noticed a definate change in Kaoru's attitude towards him and Sano as of late. She'd been making Kenshin do extra chores, and there never seemed to be any food left for Sano to mooch when he came by. "Y-yes Ms. Kaoru?," Kenshin asked as he stumbled around trying to see over the pile of laundry in his face. As he neared Kaoru, she angrily shoved an empty bucket into his almost free-hand, and demanded that he go get some tofu from the market. Kenshin knew better than to refuse, and put on his cheery face. "Alright Ms. Kaoru, I'll run right up to the market as soon as I finish this dirty laundry, that I will."

Kaoru fummed; steam rose from her head and her face was red as a

beet. "I said GO GET THE TOFU NOW KENSHIN!!!!!," She screamed. Kaoru couldn't believe that after all of her hinting, and all that she'd done for the cute rurouni, that he would go off and marry someone like Sanosuke. The sheer thought of someone else having Kenshin, ate away at her, and the fact that Kenshin only smiled when she was trying to make him miserable got to her even more. Much to her annoyance,

Kenshin smiled again, dropped the laundry, and took the bucket. As Kenshin began to exit the dojo Kaoru yelled, "Make sure it's fresh too!"

Kenshin only waved the bucket back, but as he exited the gate he muttered under his breath, "Whatever, you bossy bitch." Now that Kenshin had seen Karou's reaction, he knew that he and Sano could not live under the same roof with her as a married couple.

*Sayaku: I guess she took it pretty well huh?? Hahah*

As Kenshin trudged back to the dojo from the market, he ran into Megumi, Yahiko and Sano.

Sano wondered why Kenshin wasn't dressed and ready to go. "Hey Kenshin, why are you still working?," Sano asked.

Kenshin turned to Sano with a hint of aggravation on his face. "I can't believe that you haven't noticed the change in Ms. Kaoru as of late," Kenshin whispered knowing that she was possibly

just around the corner. "She didn't even offer you anything to eat the last few times you've stopped by!" Sano was so dense that he really didn't notice that. "Well, I thought she was just being her usual bossy, selfish self, and besides, it's not like regret not having to cram down her nasty cooking!," Sano huffed.

"Well, in any case, lets just try to have a good time," Yahiko suggested.

"I'm really so happy for the both of you," Megumi said, almost in tears, as she reached out to hug both Sano and Kenshin. "Heyyyy! Maybe we can make this a group thing *wink wink*!" Sano teased as

Megumi held them both in a tight embrace. Kenshin stomped Sano's foot, huffed and walked into the dojo, almost dropping the tofu

bucket. "Geeze Sano! You guys aren't even married yet, and you're already making him angry at you!," Yahiko teased. "Aw, shut up!," Sano

said as he whacked Yahiko on the head. "Kenshin knows I was just kidding, and he won't be so angry with me after tonight...hehheh!"