Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ The Man who Loves Kamiya Kaoru ❯ The Outcome ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Shichiro, it's time to end this. Kaoru-dono, will come home with us and you will no more harm to innocent women and their husbands,” Kenshin said firmly, arm wrapped around Kaoru's waist. Ryunosuke face was visibly growing angrier and angrier.
“And just how do you think you'll stop me? Are you going to kill me? Because nothing will ever stop me from getting Kaoru-sama or any other woman I want,” he spat. Kenshin frowned for a moment, Ryunosuke was right, afterall. The only way to stop him was to kill him and he had vowed never to kill again. Hmm. Kaoru sensed his thought and cupped her hand on his cheek, the one with the cross-shaped scar.
“Please,” Kaoru whispered. “Don't stoop to his level, there has to be another way!”
Kenshin looked back at her, thinking furiously trying to find another way.
 
Meanwhile, Sano, Yahiko and Misao were looking back and forth trying to think of someway to help.
“How can we stop him without killing him?” Yahiko wondered. Sano shook his head.
“I don't know, it seems that this guys rich and well hidden and can do whatever he wants. This is a tough choice. Hurt him badly enough now to escaped with the little miss and let him get away with taking other women or kill him now and turn into the Battosai again. Oh man, Kenshin, what are you going to do?” Sanosuke muttered. Yahiko's eyes widened. He didn't want either scenario to happen.
Suddenly Misao grinned. She discreetly tugged on Sano and Yahiko's sleeves. The turned an ear towards her and she quickly told them her plan. They felt like smacking themselves for not thinking of it but right now was not the time to do that. Right now they had to help Misao escape so she could enact her plan.
They managed it quite easily. Kenshin and Ryunosuke were just starting to fight again and Kaoru was doing a great deal of screaming. Much better.
Sano and Yahiko stood side-by-side like a wall so that Ryunosuke couldn't see Misao as she crept towards the door behind them and sneak out of it.
Once she did, Sano and Yahiko sighed. All hope rested on Misao now or Kenshin might make a choice he didn't want to.
 
Back in the center of the fight, Ryunosuke had just slashed Kenshin's arm, but hadn't backed off in time and Kenshin bashed him on the head. This made Ryunosuke madder and they fought harder and harder, each bringing the best of their moves. Kenshin tried the Battojutsu and Ryunosuke blocked the majority of the blow, he attacked back and Kenshin was barely able to recover. Kaoru was continuously screaming Kenshin's name now as Ryunosuke attacked him and somehow this only made Kenshin work harder. Sano and Yahiko were in awe watching the two of them fight. It was like nothing they had ever seen before. Sano, who had seen Shishio fight, knew that Ryunosuke was weaker, but most definitely had some really clever moves of his own.
Awhile later they pushed apart again and breathed heavily, both unbelievably exhausted but each too stubborn to give up.
Sano and Yahiko hope that Misao would hurry up and get back, because they sensed the end was coming. And they were right.
Ryunosuke smirked at his opponent. “Is that all you've got Battosai? This will be almost too easy. I'll kill you and take Kaoru-sama and we'll live happily until she begins to bore me, and then I'll just dispose of her like all the others!” he said, cackling madly. Kenshin shot a look over to the horrified Kaoru. She sunk to her feet. She glanced back at him.
“Kenshin,” she murmured. “Be careful, I believe in you. I know you won't let yourself be killed. I want you to stay here on earth…with me.”
Kenshin's features softened for a moment as he looked at her.
“Ha, my darling, don't waste your time, Battosai will be killed by my hand and then you will be mine!” Ryunosuke roared as he lunged for Kenshin.
Kenshin was ready. He stepped into position. Sano grinned. He recognized the upcoming move and knew Kenshin would win even before Kenshin roared:
“Ouki Amakake Ryu no Hirameki!”
 
Kaoru and Yahiko gasped in awe as Ryunosuke's eyes widened in surprise. Kenshin's move threw him off his feet and he landed, bloodied very badly, several feet away. Kenshin walked over and stood, sword out, looking down at his prey. Kaoru, Sano, and Yahiko gasped.
“No!” Kaoru screamed. “You don't have to do it! Don't become the Battosai! Please!”
Kenshin paused. Ryunosuke looked up at him, gritting his teeth painfully as he tried shifting.
“Come on, Battosai, you don't kill me now, I heal, and then start all over again. You know it's true. Forget what she says, don't listen to her-you have always been the Battosai, haven't you. Killing one more person won't change anything.”
 

Kenshin gripped his sword tighter and contemplated his choices some more.
“Kenshin! No! Don't listen to him, please! KENSHIN!” Kaoru pleaded. The sound of his name seemed to awaken him. Kenshin replaced his sword in his scabbard and looked down at Ryunosuke.
Ryunosuke managed a grin. “Not going to kill me? Well, I'm sure we'll see each other again. I'll especially look forward to seeing Kaoru-sama again.”
“You will not come after Kaoru-dono, or indeed any women ever again. And you will pay for your past crimes,” Kenshin said firmly.
Ryunosuke stared at Kenshin incredulously.
“Just how do you plan on pulling that off? I never left any evidence at the scene and it's not like I left anyone alive to talk about me to the police.”
“True, but-“ Kenshin started.
“This place is filled with evidence!” Misao yelled finally returning through the door. Everyone twisted to look at her.
“So what if this place is full of evidence. It's my secret fort nobody but my men and you five know about it.” Ryunosuke growled. Misao grinned.
“That's why I thought I'd,” she kicked the door wide open. “Invite this nice policemen in!” Ryunosuke's eyes widened as a stream of law enforcement officers came into the room.
The man in charge strode over to Ryunosuke. “Shichiro, we've finally got you. You are under arrest for the murders of five men, their wives and countless other single women.” He snapped his fingers and two of his men came forward and took Ryunosuke into custody.
Yahiko and Misao cheered, Sanosuke grinned, and Kaoru felt relief wash over her. Kenshin was talking with the police chief and explaining the situation. Moments later the chief gave a short bow and left the room to tend to the capture of all Ryunosuke associates.
Kenshin turned to Kaoru and gave her a small smile. Happy tears came to her eyes as she walked slowly over to him.
“Well, I think the three of us should go help the chief! Let's go,” Sanosuke said pointedly. Misao and Yahiko grinned and the three of them left but stayed right around the corner to eavesdrop on Kaoru and Kenshin.
 
Inside, Kaoru had reached Kenshin and she stood there nervously.
“Kenshin, I'm sorry, this is all my fault if I hadn't talked to Ryunosuke like you said I-“
“Kaoru-dono,” Kenshin interrupted.
“Yes, Kenshin?”
“Your feelings, this one wants you to know, they're returned,” Kenshin murmured. Kaoru mouth opened in surprise and she turned red.
“This one also,” he continued. “Wants to stay with you, Kaoru-dono.”
Kaoru threw her arms around him and presses her mouth to his. Kenshin wrapped his arms around her and returned the kiss. It deepened passionately as their emotions poured out.
Cheering erupted from behind them and they broke apart. Sanosuke, Yahiko, and Misao were standing in the doorway clapping. Kenshin and Kaoru both turned a little red
“About time,” Sanosuke laughed.
“Way to go Kaoru!” Misao shouted.
“What took you so long!” Yahiko yelled.
Kaoru covered her burning cheeks with her hands. “You guys, how long were you watching for?”
“The whole time!” responded the three.
“Aaah!” Kaoru cried. Sanosuke grinned and patted her on the head.
“Come on, little miss, it's about time we head home, don't `cha think?”
Kaoru nodded and turned back to Kenshin who had a smile on his face. She held out her hand.
“Let's go home,” she said, smiling. Kenshin nodded and came towards her. He grasped her outstretched hand and said:
“Yes, let's go home.”
 
 
The End
 
Author's Comment:
Thank you for being so patient fro me to finish the rest of this story. I hope it was enjoyable. This was my first try so I hope it wasn't a complete mistake but bear with me. I will probably write another one soon about Kenshin & Company but it'll probably be an alternate universe one so you can look forward to that. Thanks again and see you next time!
 
 
8/6/08 3:18 PM
 
8/6/08 3:18 PM