Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ The Possession Series 2: Mine ❯ Chapter Seven - New! ( Chapter 7 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Title: The Possession Series 2: Mine
Author: Alyndrya
Email:
princessdestinydestinysgateway.com
URL:
http://www.destinysgateway.com
Couple:  Battousai And Kaoru
Rating:
NC 17+
Summary: 'One Hour Challenge' #
41: Response Fanfic.Sequel to 'Break In'. Kaoru challenges Kenshin to a sparing match, which he reluctantly agrees to, but the match turns out much more serious than either of them expected and Kaoru releases the Battousai-who has NO compunction about making Kaoru his, unlike the mild-mannered Kenshin...
Chapters:
7/8
Status: Unfinished
Year Completed:
N/A
 
Comments: Hi everyone! As promised, here is-finally-Chapter Seven of my Rurouni Kenshin Fanfic 'Mine'. I know that there was a lapse of about 3 years and I apologize. I'm sure that the writer's out there reading this know what it's like to get writer's block on a Fanfic that way.
You'll be happy to know that it's a really large Chapter, at 45 kb. I thought of shoving a little into the last Chapter, but that one might be just as big. I've thought of something to add into it, so that one isn't done quite yet...
*Grins* But I got it out, and I'm going to finish the darn thing. Then we'll be onto the Sequel. The Sequel will be called 'Tempting Battousai'. You'll be happy to know that there is already some Chapters written for it!
Destiny's Gateway Archives: Someone asked where they could find updates of this Fanfic.  First of all, I'd like to mention that `Destiny's Gateway Romance Fanfiction Archive' are now FULLY AUTOMATED like Fanfiction.net, which means you can now upload your own Fanfics. This is also the Official home to the Battousai and Kaoru List and Archives. We have over 1477 Fanfics and 606 Authors up there for over 85 different shows. The Archives specialise in `Couple' romances, especially for shows where those Couples never got together or took a few seasons.
We would be delighted if you would come on over and submit your Battousai And Kaoru Fanfiction.
http://www.destinysgateway.com
Write me if you liked!
Hugs,
Alyndrya
_________________________________________________________________ ____
MINE
By Alyndrya
[ princessdestinydestinysgateway.com ]
 
 
 
 
_________________________________________________________________ ____
 
Chapter Seven
_________________________________________________________________ ____
 
Kaoru put down the jug of lemon water very slowly, her manner graceful. She had learnt long ago not to let her inner emotions cloud her outer appearance-otherwise the jug would have ended up all over the floor. She felt anger inside, and longing, as well as a determination that would have matched Battousai's own in battle.

Battousai wanted her...which amounted to Kenshin wanting her. Right?

Dark lashes fell down over deep blue eyes, and a smile spread over small pink lips that would have made even Saitoh pause and take stoke of the situation. "Oh Kenshin, you fool." She whispered, a hand going to her cheek. She shook her head and sighed deeply, senses open for the man who was bound to come into the room at any moment. He had been sure to have heard her as she left. Kaoru had deliberately scuffed her heel to make sure. So where was he?

She glanced behind her warily, her eyes perplexed. He had to come; otherwise she would back out of her plans like a coward. "Are you making me come to you, Battousai?" The dark-haired girl whispered.
The idea that Kenshin's darker side was waiting her out was not sure an outlandish idea. He loved to play, whereas Kenshin was more sedate. Oh where was that Rurouni when she needed him? The Rurouni in Kenshin was filled with mischief and-

Her slender fingers tapped on the bench-top, irritation crossing her face. This was just stupid! For a man ten years her senior, a feared samurai throughout Japan, and a skilled tactician, Kenshin was being remarkably stubborn. And cowardly! And a dense block-head who believed he wasn't good enough for her!

"Alright Battousai, you want to play?" If he did, and she was sure that was so, then the darker personality inside Kenshin would make sure her plan succeeded. He had seduced her, after all. And Kaoru wasn't so dense as to not know what he had been about, despite not having ever felt those things for a man before. The way his fingers had traced fire over her skin, his lips drawing an eager response, her body longing for his touch. She wasn't entirely sure what happened next, but it had to be good.

And he would marry her, damn him!

The girl's fingers flew to her lips in shock. "Am I serious?" She asked herself in a low tone, frowning lightly. Married-to Kenshin? If this was truly to be her goal, then seducing him was a must. But first, she had to convince him that he would never hurt her. Had he really thought a little cut would revolt her and turn her from him forever?

Her poor man had been battered inside and out, and needed, no deserved someone to love and cherish him.

And she was just the woman for the job!

"A fight?" Kenshin repeated in a strangled tone, purple eyes wide on Kaoru's face. Was this the result of her listening into their conversation of an hour ago? Thinking back, he wondered if she hadn't meant him to know she's been there. And now this?!

Battousai reared out of him without warning. His eyes darkened. "Are you out of your mind?" He practically roared at her, hands tearing at the fragile fabric of the summer kimono in the wash bucket. A fight? With Kaoru-yes! No! It was insane. He'd kill her...no; he'd teach her a lesson.

"Absolutely not." Kenshin gritted through his teeth, regained control of his raging emotions. What was just as bewildering as her challenge, was that even Battousai was reluctant. For many reasons.

Kaoru looked taken-aback, but then her chin rose. "You're turning down an innocent little fight?" She taunted, glancing at his face from under her lashes.

Golden eyes glinted back at her from under the red fringe. Battousai eyed her for a long moment, eyes narrowed. And then he smiled. "You really think you're a match for me, little girl?" He practically purred.

She felt her insides melting in response. Had it been that easy to bring out the beast?

What was he doing? He would hurt Kaoru, that he would. Battousai was a killer and he would take no quarter. Even for the woman he loved? That was really the question. "Even for her..." He murmured, distracted.

Kenshin was almost in agony, thinking over her challenge. Why had she issued it and what was her goal? His beloved was, at times, very easy to read-but this was not one of them! She looked like a kitten that had her fur all fluffed out in aggression. It was quite endearing really.
Purple eyes twinkled at the girl in amusement and he calmly went back to the kimono. After a cursory look, he saw that he had indeed ripped the lining on the material. Sighing, he set aside the kimono in a wet lump on the grass and dipped his hands into the soap suds for the next item.

Most days Kenshin washed clothing, in order to keep his mind free, but his hands busy. Something peaceful and innocent. His hands and his sword has seen enough carnage to last a lifetime and the sword master was now content to leave his fighting spirit firmly behind and start his life anew with Kaoru, Sanosuke, Yahiko and the others.

The red-haired man threw a quick look at a fuming Kaoru from under the bangs of his deep red hair. She was pissed. Really, really angry. Her blue eyes blazed, her breath came in short spurts, her hands were clenched together as if trying to stop themselves from doing violence to his person. But most of all her porcelain cheeks were flushed-and her chest heaved magnificently.

Battousai rose to the challenge immediately and literally. His hands stilled in the water again and he fought with every ounce of his mental power to not leap upon the beautiful girl in front of him and rip her clothes off. She was sexy, and cute and he knew just how she liked to be touched. She also looked wonderful with water dripping off of her alabaster skin. Kaoru was his, now and for always.

"Are you chicken or something, Kenshin?" Kaoru growled at him, at the end of her patience. She had seen him deliberate her words, fight and loose with Battousai, but still he did nothing. Uncertainly abruptly filled her and left a nasty taste in her mouth. What if she'd been wrong? He didn't love or care for her, but only wanted her body for some brief fling?

The dark-haired girl frowned. Was fling even a word? Tae had used it when talking about men. What she really needed to do was seduce him. But how the hell did someone seduce anyway?! Irate, she glared balefully at Kenshin's bent head. It was all his fault! He'd touched her that way and looked at her with those burning eyes. He wanted her; she was almost sure about that.

Involuntarily, her hand went out to touch his hair and found her fingers grasped in a firm hold.

"Kaoru-I would not advise that." Battousai said in a soft, deadly tone. His eyes rose slowly, staring at her from beneath his blood red hair. A smile curved his lips that was in no way soft or friendly. She had insulted and goaded his darker side and it was holding on by a thread.

Kaoru swallowed hard and saw Sanosuke standing with Yahiko on the porch. Both were silent and watching herself and Kenshin with avid interest. For once, the young boy was saying nothing.

Battousai was also aware that now he and Kaoru were not alone-but that could be changed very quickly. Sano knew how much Kenshin wanted Kaoru and would leave with if the samurai gave him a certain glance. So very tempting. His smile turned wolfish.

"Do you-care about me, Kenshin?" She whispered to him, leaving her hand in his. Amber eyes glinted for a long moment, before slowly turning back to purple. He blinked at her, and then let her hand go as if it were a raw flame.

"Miss Kaoru-" He paused, then frowned and turned away from her. She wanted to know if he cared for her when he loved her so badly he would have willingly killed again in her honor? Battousai was better off leashed. He lusted after the strong-willed woman before him, wanted to claim her as his mate, and brand her body forever as his and only his. But she could never know! Never.
"That is a bad idea, that it is," Kenshin said, turning back to the washing with a vengeance. His hands moved so fast they blurred through the pile of clothing waiting to be washed.

He needed to be distracted. Perhaps Kaoru would go away if he ignored her? A quick, assessing look through dark eyes told him otherwise. His beloved was on a mission. Kenshin's soft groan was hidden by the splashing of the water.

He was trying to ignore her! She knew that stony silence and stiffness to his upper body. Somehow, Kenshin had guessed what she was up to and was doing his best to stop it. Her lips firmed.
"Why is it a bad idea?" Kaoru demanded, moving to stand right in front of him. She fairly stomped on the dry pile of dirty washing and prevented him from picking up another piece. Alright, so calling him a chicken wasn't going to work. He had merely smiled at her after fighting with himself a little.

Kenshin looked up reluctantly. "Miss Kaoru," he murmured uneasily, looking into her determined face.

"Yes?!" She retorted, irritation clear in her blue eyes.

"It just...isn't," he finally said, looking away. Damn the woman! Why was she doing this now of all time? When he'd just realized he loved her and would never be good enough? She deserved a young man who would dote on her.

But wouldn't he do that, his other wise whispered mentally. Worship the very ground she walked on.

"Be silent!" The man snarled under his breath, eyes flashing between purple and golden rapidly. Her flowery scent reached his nostrils and he his sniffed the air as if hunting. It was close-so very close. But Kaoru wouldn't leave and Battousai wanted to be free to teach her a lesson so very badly. A lesson involving her soft limbs crushed under his, her hair loose and falling about her ample breasts, her mouth moaning out his name in pleasure.

Kaoru scowled at him, crossing her arms. "You think I can't handle you because you're Himura Kenshin, ex-Battousai?" Kenshin said nothing, so Kaoru changed tactics. "I see!" she exclaimed triumphantly. "You're afraid to fight me?"

"What?" Kenshin said, head whipping around. He stared at her mocking face with disbelief. He? Battousai the manslayer? Afraid of a girl? "No, Miss Kaoru," he went on patiently, seeing what she was up to. If she was trying to goad him, she'd come to the wrong man. "I might hurt you."

"So you're saying that your control is lousy?" she inquired sweetly.

Kenshin eyes flashed briefly golden, then went back to calm violent. "I know what you are trying to do, that I do," he informed her.

"Oh come on, Kenshin! I'm assistant to this Dojo! Give me a little credit!" She threw up her arms in exasperation. If Battousai didn't want to hurt her, he never would. His control was that good...and his feelings for her that strong. Kaoru knew it in her heart. If she didn't win this small fight, he would never submit to their feelings. He was fighting them for all he was worth.

The man-slayer bit the inside of his lip till he tasted blood, and then forced a soft smile to his face. She would not win. He was the one in charge, in control and she was willfully trying to get him to battle her! "I know you are skilled, Miss Kaoru-but I have ten years more of experience, that I do," he said cheerfully, wringing out a table cloth. He was tempted! He was so damn tempted to take her up on her offer!
Battousai continued with the washing, not looking at her. This was obviously Kaoru's attempt to get back at him for all the incidents over the day. She thought he would go easy on her? Not he. No, if they fought, he would be staying as the mild-mannered Kenshin.

"Oooh!" Kaoru said furiously, leaping to her feet and stalking off. He's won and she hoped he was happy! Kenshin had just thwarted her only plan to bring them together. Tears started in her blue eyes and she dashed them from her cheeks roughly. He would not see her cry. She would rather die than let him see that weakness. His harder side would be laughing at her. Weeping because her challenge was refused, what a joke.

Kenshin was aware the moment that his beloved cried. He could taste the salt from her tears even meters away with her back to his penetrating gaze. Had it truly meant that much to her? Inside, something about his heart began to crack. The ex-manslayer was trying so very hard to be good and kind that he was loosing sight of what was more important. His dark-haired woman. His fiery little flower.

A dark frown crossed his eyes, which flickered with amber streaks. It was not Battousai's way to make soft little descriptions of his woman! Kenshin's thoughts had forced him to come to the fore and defend himself...from himself. If his woman wanted a battle in order to win him, then she would bloody well get one! His blood was already pumping with fire, lust and more filling him. He could see her with her clothing in tatters from their battle, little cuts he was dying to suck on and relieve the pair of around her delectable curves, her eyes wide and inviting.

And then Sanosuke and Yahiko seemed to come to life, breaking from their frozen stance on the porch.

"Damn," The golden-eyes man murmured under his breath, subsiding again. He had completely forgotten those two. They had been standing so still, but that was no excuse. Kaoru pushed him to the edge and made him forget all else around him. Not a very good thing considering.

This woman was his only weakness.

"So much for that. What a let-down." The boy muttered sourly, looking from Kaoru to Kenshin.

Sano whistled tunelessly from between his teeth, as he swung the tofu basket hanging off of his hand. "Hey there, Missy. We have your tofu," He called out cheerfully, as if he and Yahiko had not just witnessed a battle of wills. He tossed the basket onto the pouch casually and eyed the girl he thought of as his sister. He wasn't pleased with how things had turned out, no not at all. And if he wasn't mistaken, Kaoru was crying.

Willing the tears to vanish, the girl pasted a smile on her face. "Hey! Are you trying to ruin dinner?" Kaoru ran over and snatched the tofu up, glaring at Sanosuke.

"Oh, sorry," he said sheepishly, hand to the back of his head. He suddenly noticed the enormous tension in the air and glanced from an irritated and upset Kaoru, to a furiously washing Kenshin.

"Oi, what's really going on here?" he demanded, eyes narrowing.

That was Battousai washing, not Kenshin!

He could tell by subtle little differences. And although he had been standing there for the end of their conversation, he had not realized that it was that serious. Kaoru was crying and the manslayer practically going up in flames over a washer. It was amazing that the water didn't turn to steam! This had something to do with Kenshin's earlier confession, Sanosuke would have bet on it.

"Kenshin won't spar with me!" Kaoru burst out, pointing an accusing finger at Kenshin. She blinked the remainder of the wetness from her lashes and bent a baleful look on the man she loved. Her breath caught when she took a closer look. Goodness, that was Battousai washing her clothing. For some reason, that made her blush.

"Good for him! He'd kick your butt!" Yahiko snickered, eyes going rapidly from Kenshin to Kaoru. He was a young guy, but he wasn't stupid.

"Yahiko!" Kaoru yelled in outrage, pelting the tofu at his head from the bucket in her hand. Oh well, so dinner could be vegetables only for dinner.

"Ouch! What was that for?!" Yahiko yelled back, rubbing it off of his face and hair and glaring at her. "I was only telling the truth!"

"He's right...that...he is," Battousai said haltingly, in a deep voice, desperately trying to sound like Kenshin. He scrubbed viciously at a stain on one of Kaoru's kimonos, as if trying to obliterate it. "You would get hurt." He fairly growled her way, hiding his expression behind his hair.

"Kenshin's right-" Sanosuke began, but Kaoru cut him off.

"He's chicken, that's what he is!" Kaoru snapped out, feeling the tension in her tighten until she felt she was going to snap. She was surprised the golden-eyes manslayer had lasted this long with so many insults aimed at his manliness. But he was just as determined as her... "I'm quite capable of taking care of myself!"

"Maybe you should fight her," Sanosuke said thoughtfully, throwing Kenshin a sly look.

"What?!" Battousai and Kaoru said together in astonishment.

"You're agreeing with me?" The girl said in delight, feeling Battousai's gaze scorch her. This battle better count. She had to make it count or she would loose him forever. And for some reason, Sanosuke was helping her.

"You're agreeing with her?" Kenshin said in disbelief, stunned right out of his black mood. Not good! Was that baka trying to let Battousai at Kaoru? Did he have any idea what an unleashed Battousai would do with her? Blood and lust was a tantalizing experience. Not that he intended to make her bleed....much.
But still, his blood was heated when he fought and given the combination of that and a beautiful brunette fighting him, how could he keep from throwing her to the floor and taking her? Whether they had witness' or not.

"She could use the training-and you could keep in shape without going to fight some bad guy," Sano said reasonably, flicking up his bone tooth pick into his mouth and chewing on it. Just a little more goading and Kenshin would fall into line. He just hoped that Missy knew what she was doing.

"Thank you!" Kaoru chirped eagerly, spinning to face Kenshin. "Come on Kenshin!" she pleaded.

Kenshin bit his lip, and then reluctantly gave in. He'd let her win.

"You better not let me win, Kenshin!" Kaoru threatened, heading for the training hall.

Kenshin blinked. How did she do that? "Of course not, Miss Kaoru," he murmured, getting up from his knees and following.
"This is a bad idea, that it is," he muttered to Sano, who joined him. If she got hurt, he would fall onto his sword. No wait, he'd skewer Sanosuke first, then kill himself.

Yahiko followed curiously. "She'll be crying before you know it," he rolled his eyes.

"I heard that!" Kaoru yelled, throwing a broom at his head. It smacked Yahiko in the face and he fell over, seeing stars.

"More practice, Yahiko! You should have dodged that," she informed him from the door of the training hall, stepping aside to let Kenshin and Sanosuke pass her. She had the shakes, she realized with a doubtful expression in her eyes. She was scared of what was going to happen, even though Kenshin only intended this to be a very light battle. She eyed him sideways and could see him eyeing the bokken lined on the racks along one wall. Oh no, he wasn't getting away that easily.

"She's right," Sano nodded. He watched as Kaoru went over to the corner to pick up a wrapped bundle. "Go easy on her, huh?" he whispered to Kenshin.

"A bad idea," Kenshin muttered, only half-hearing his friend. The potential for disaster was-

"Come on Kenshin!" Kaoru shouted at him, already in the center of the room, the bundled bokken extended competently before her. She deliberately hadn't un-wrapped it. She winced; Kenshin would spank her till she couldn't sit down for a week as soon as he realized what she was really holding. A flush started on her cheeks and she looked down at the floor for a moment to try and hide it. The vision of her bare bottom in the air, being spanked by his hand, while lying over his knees was-irresistible. She felt heat pool in the base of her stomach.

Kenshin winced. "Ah-coming Miss Kaoru," he said obediently, turning to go over to the sword rack. He froze for a moment as he scented her desire in the air. She was turned on!

"No, no! Use your sword!" Kaoru told him, trying to sound casual. Kenshin didn't know it, but she was going to use that sword to her advantage. Battousai liked to see her bleed and it got him all hot and bothered. She was going to arrange a few slip ups. Nothing fatal and nothing enough to scare of her violet-eyed man.

Kenshin turned to look at her, eyes glittering darkly. So this was her game? There was no way a slim bokken would stand up to his sword. She would let him win and then let him claim his prize. It was both tempting and horrifying. Kaoru had no idea just how much Battousai wanted her beneath him, sheathed inside of her body and her screaming his name. "Miss Kaoru-"

"It's a reverse blade. What harm can it do?" she reasoned with him.

Yahiko laughed, entering the hall. "Famous last words, Kaoru!"

"No one asked you, Yahiko!" She snapped, wishing he was somewhere else. Sano too, because she couldn't possibly tempt her amber-eyes Battousai with them in the room.

Kenshin nodded to himself and turned, walking over to face her. "Yes, miss Kaoru."

"So whipped," Sanosuke muttered under his breath. Those two were made for each other. Why couldn't they see it? Stupid Kenshin and his 'she's too good for me' ideas!

As Kenshin drew his sword from the sheath, Kaoru un-wrapped the long bundle in her hands. As the material fell away, a long gleaming sword was revealed. Violet eyes widened, as Kenshin abruptly realized how serious Kaoru was. It was a real sword! Not a wooden one.

"Where did you get that?!" he almost shouted at her, violent gold filling his eyes for a long moment. His Kaoru with a real sword...was he angry or turned on? He mused over that for a moment as he watched her swing her sword sharply through the air before her.

"This is my father's sword." Kaoru said proudly. She fixed the red-haired man with a steely gaze. "And you are going to take me seriously, Kenshin!"

"Whoa!" Yahiko breathed, suddenly getting a clue that this fight was dead-serious. What HE didn't understand was why.

The fishbone fell from Sanosuke's teeth. "Missy, that's a little too much, isn't it?" He said, losing his habitual cool and eyeing her with undisguised concern and a little shock.

"I won't be made to feel this way!" Kaoru said fiercely to Kenshin, but responding to Sano's question. "You're not beneath me. I'm not too good for you, and you'd certainly never hurt me!" She finished on a shout, blue eyes burning with fire.
She shifted her grip on the sword and took an expert stance, the sword parallel to her forehead. "Defend yourself!" She cried, charging at Kenshin.

Kenshin had stood silent through her speech, stunned that she had seen so much into his emotions. Yes, she had overhead a little of what he and Sano had been discussing but...this woman knew him so well. So very well that it was scary. He couldn't let her do this though. Not with real swords, in a real fight. No, he might hurt her-

And then Kaoru charged at him, her sword swinging low. There was a clash of steel against steel as he blocked her blow to his legs and his violet eyes went wide. That was a strange attack. If he had not blocked, she would have cut his legs off, even though she had began her attack as if she were going for his neck.

Kaoru brought her sword up again, spinning about so that she had more momentum. Her sword was stopped inches from Kenshin's chest. She glanced up into his eyes and saw surprise being replaced by a blankness. NO! He wasn't going to distance himself from her! She wouldn't let him. She feinted to the right and then her left hand swung out the same time as her right hand did.

Kenshin saw the sword coming and blocked, trying to keep himself emotionally detached from the fight, but he saw her hand at the last minute and before he could react, Kaoru backhanded him across the face.
Momentarily shocked, his head turned back, his free hand going to his cheek. It hadn't been a hard slap, but a firm one. She was letting him know she was serious. "Miss Kaoru," he faltered, seeing her furious gaze.

"That's going a bit far!" Sanosuke blurted out, eyes wide. She'd hit Kenshin! And she was angry enough to beat the crap out of any of them too. This was his very first inkling that Missy was deadly serious.
She wanted to bring out Battousai and face him alone.
The tall man shifted from foot to foot, eyes considering and somewhat wild. She was playing a very dangerous game. Perhaps it were best if Yahiko and himself stay and prevent what was bound to happen.
Kaoru was a young, mainly innocent, girl. And the manslayer was the very devil himself when provoked. He also had an almost-tangible lust for the young girl that was being held back by the slenderest of threads. Things could turn bad at the drop of a hat.

"Kaoru! What are you doing!?" Yahiko bellowed, suddenly concerned for his hero. Kaoru wasn't playing fair! You didn't do that sort of thing when in a sword fight!

"Stay out of it, you two!" Kaoru growled back, head lowered so that they saw her face in shadow through the screen of her dark fringe.

"Kenshin-" Yahiko began, but was cut off.

"Do as she says!" Rurouni growled at him, amber and violet warring for dominance in his eyes. The swords clashing together, the blood heating and the taste of battle in his mouth. It was all very familiar and like a drug to Kenshin-to Battousai. Even though this was his Kaoru he was fighting-and she was doing a very good job of taunting the manslayer inside of him-he was finding it very hard not to throw himself fully into the game. Kaoru would rapidly find herself over her beautiful little head.
To taunt her back, he lifted the blade to his lips and licked along the blunt edge of the sword, eyes locked on hers.
Kaoru's eyes widened at the gesture. She was so very close to letting loose his darkness. Kenshin never would have done that...that subtle thread and taunt. It had been both a threat of retribution in their fight and a hint that lust rode barely held back beneath the surface of his eyes.
The two swords suddenly launched into a rapid series of attacks, the fighters dancing about each other, eyes intent.

Kaoru fell back at the same time as he did, having read in his eyes that they should stop a moment. She was panting, but he was not. Not good at all.

Her fingers tightened about the hilt and she felt despair hit her. He wasn't even trying and she was already tiring. Her father's sword felt so heavy in her hands too. She'd never used anything but a wooden sword and this was the hardest thing she had had ever attempted. But, by god, she would prove to Battousai that he was worthy of her! He would never hurt her and she would make him see that!

"Are you getting tired, Kaoru?" Rurouni mocked gently, tossing his sword from hand to hand. He was still using the reversed side of it. Kaoru was deadly serious, but he wasn't stupid enough to be goaded into turning the blade over. Oh no. If he did so, he could not be pulled back from his darkness.
He would play her little game, beat her and humiliate her a little, and then he would-

"I don't like this." Yahiko was heard to mutter from the sidelines, shifting nervously from foot to foot.

Sano took out another fishbone and stuck it in his mouth, chewing thoughtfully. "Mmm," he murmured, eyes intent on the two combatants. It was a loosing battle really. Kaoru wanted to prove Battousai would never hurt her and Kenshin was just as determined not to let his dark side lose...so...either could win this.

Rurouni's eyes darkened and then his sword flashed up with his god-like speed, the flat of the blade slamming into Kaoru's thigh. She cried out in pain, hand going to her injury and he had to steel his heart. If he had to hurt her a little to make her see sense, then he would do it.
"Put up your sword," he suggested, eyes teasing. But within the gold-purple of his gaze was also pain. Pain that it had come to this and that he had hurt her intentionally.

"I will not!" Kaoru gritted through her pain, knowing her leg would be sporting a large purple bruise soon. But she was also aware of what he was doing and was just as determined to stop him.

She screamed out in challenge and fury, charging at him, with her sword-point aimed directly at his chest. She knew that he would block, but wanted him to know, to realize, that she was taking this battle seriously.
Kaoru was fighting for their relationship, the love they could one day share, and also for his soul. Kenshin was beaten and battered inside, his soul in tatters. She would heal him if it took her the rest of their lives. But he had to know that they were meant for each other. That her beloved could always be healed and cared for in her arms.
He blocked easily the point of the sword, batting her blade to the side. A little flick of his own blade and a thin line of blood opened up upon the back of her delicate white hand.
Rurouni's nostrils flared at the scene of blood and he found that he was fighting himself, physically locking his muscles, to not go down on his knees before her and suck that wounded limb into his hot mouth.
"Bastard!" She hissed in fury, eyes narrowed on his amused face. She glanced down as she felt a slight pain and saw the cut on her hand. He was mocking her! Amused by her antics. Damned Rurouni. She didn't want him, she wanted Battousai. But she couldn't even touch Kenshin!
That slap she had delivered to his face earlier had been a fluke...or maybe...

Her sword swung up, aiming at his hip. He naturally blocked, but didn't anticipate her right foot as it shot up, catching him right under the chin.

Rurouni staggered back, tasting blood in his mouth and he was startled. His teeth had gone through his lip. She'd surprised him again. That move had been Jujitsu! Where the hell had Kaoru learned that?

"Kamiya Kassin Style also includes Jujitsu." Kaoru said smugly, seeing his expression of astonishment.  She felt a thrill of triumph rush through her, leaving her slightly giddy.  He had cut her, but she had gotten in some good hits.  When would he start to take her seriously?  Calmly, she drew her peace about her like a shroud and became to plan on his downfall.  He was thrown off balance every time she turned a little violent and hurt him.  That was his weakness!

"Good one, baka! Now he knows!" Yahiko shouted, rolling his eyes.

"Crap," Kaoru muttered under her breath. The brat was right. Now Kenshin would anticipate that also.

"You think I didn't guess? I know all forms of martial arts used." Rurouni said dryly, rubbing at his chin. That had been a firm kick. He wiped a trickle of blood from his mouth and then sucked it clean, eyes fixed on hers. Her expressive eyes suddenly kindled and he went still as he realized what his gesture had done to her. For a bare second, he had seen desire.

Kaoru almost groaned when she saw him doing that. What was it about something so innocent that made her heart beat faster? Was he actually getting to her? Her blue eyes went wide. Had she just found the sight of him sucking the blood from his finger erotic? Oh my god!
"Let's get on with it," she said shakily, looking away from him as his eyes narrowed on her in a calculating manner.

"I think we should leave these two to it." Sanosuke said casually, taking a hold of Yahiko's shoulder and turning to boy towards the door.
If he hadn't been mistaken, sexual attraction had just sprung up between those two, no longer inhibited, and it was bound to get a bit more adult very soon. Not something a young boy should see, or that a best friend wanted to witness.

"Hey!" Yahiko protested, trying to look over his shoulder. "I want to watch."

"Let's go get some food. My treat," Sano suggested, shoving Yahiko out the door and shutting it behind him.

"Where did you get money?!" Yahiko's surprised voice floated back to the two still inside the training hall.

"Alone at last," Kaoru said gleefully, taking a fighting stance. With no witness', she could now 'convince' Battousai to make an appearance.

Kenshin's eyes went a calm violet, his stance relaxing. Now with those two out the way, he didn't have to pretend anymore. He would play Kaoru's little game and then leave. But there was no way Battousai was coming out. "Miss Kaoru, perhaps we should stop now?" He suggested gently.

Kaoru glared at him in response, infuriated that Kenshin had dared to relax himself so much that there was absolutely no hint of gold in his eyes. Damn it! "Don't you dare, Kenshin!" She yelled at him, swinging her sword wildly under his nose.

Kenshin's eyes widened slightly as her sword almost cut his nose off. He took a nervous step back, aware that she had never held a real sword before and might miscalculate. "Be careful," he told her in concern, parrying a blow to his ear.

"Why the hell should I?" Kaoru demanded, feeling cheated. She'd ordered him to fight her to prove he wouldn't hurt her and he wasn't even taking her seriously?
The heel of her hand shut up towards his chin, trying to damage a place she had already wounded him, but to her chagrin, he caught her hand in a gentle grip millimeters from his skin.

"Miss Kaoru-" he sighed, bringing her hand to his lips and dropping a kiss onto her open palm. Her fingers curled about his chin convulsively and he smiled against her warm skin.  She had always reacted so openly desirous to his touch.

"Don't do that!" She moaned at him, jerking her hand free. "I want you to seriously fight me!"

"I'm not going to," he replied solemnly. "I will never hurt you again-"

"It was a small cut!" Kaoru almost howled at him in exasperation.  "You just did it to me again with your sword!"

"I almost raped you in the bathroom!" Kenshin snapped back, anguished.  Didn't she even realize what he was?

"You stopped!" She soothed, wondering how their conversation had gotten this way. He was supposed to be getting angry, not upset!

"I threatened you," he said softly, eyes closing in remembrance.

"I'm not a man and you'd never kill me for hitting you." Kaoru murmured, wincing. So, he remembered that did he? If she'd been a man, he would have killed her? He hadn't meant it...he would never kill her.

"Still, I said it to you!" He roared at her, rage filling him. His eyes became a violent golden blaze and Battousai grabbed her by her arm, jerking her close. "I'm not safe. Don't you understand that?" He said harshly, lips white.

Kaoru shook slightly, but then her chin rose and she eyed him defiantly. "And don't you understand that I don't care?"
He blinked at her, the movement looking strange with the darkness in his eyes so apparent.
"You won't hurt me. You won't rape me. You won't kill me," she touched his chest lightly with her fingers, trying not to wince at the bruising grasp he had on her forearm. "I trust you, Kenshin." She said, letting him see it in her eyes.

She paused, then murmured another name. "Battousai."

"Please don't," Battousai groaned at her, throwing her away. She hit the ground and he turned his back on her, trying to fight down the urge to run to her and hold her close, kissing away her wounds. He'd already bruised her badly, and cut her hand, and he wasn't even fighting her seriously.

"Kenshin, you jerk!" She screamed at his back, afraid he was going to walk away. She sprang to her feet and initiated a fly-kick into his back, sending him spinning forward.

He flew a fair way, and then hit the ground, sword somehow managing to stay in his grasp. He was on his feet in seconds, spinning to face her, amber eyes narrowing. "Kaoru," he growled warningly.
He blurred and was abruptly right in front of her. The flame-haired man stopped himself with great effort and forced his darkness back, eyes struggling into a calm violet. She would not do this. He was leaving.
He smiled at her and half-turned. "This fight is over." He told her.

"No it isn't! Kenshin!" Kaoru cried out in exasperation and fury. "Fight me!" she hit him in the shoulder.

"Fight me," she jabbed him hard in the stomach with the hilt of her sword.

"Fight me!" she spun around swiftly in a circle and crouched, sweeping his feet out from under him with her leg.

She panted and looked down at the fallen Kenshin, who was laying there with his eyes closed, perfectly still. "Kenshin?" she panted out, eyes concerned. Had she gone too far and hurt him? He made her so angry sometimes!
"I'm not delicate china, Kenshin!" she shouted at him, walking over and glaring down at his still face. She stomped on his leg for good measure, and then waited.

"No, you're not," he responded suddenly, voice deeper and rougher.

Kaoru's heart leapt into her throat when she heard his tone. Battousai! Yes. And he was furious. She'd driven him to the point where he could no long fight his darkness and now it was loose...His eyes abruptly shot open, revealing their deep amber color.

She took a step back hesitantly as he rose to his feet in a fluid motion that was pure hunter.

Battousai bent down to pick up his fallen sword, eyes never leaving Kaoru's. As he straightened, his golden eyes swept over her from head to foot, noting with satisfaction that she flushed to the roots of her hair under his possessive look. It was time to teach Kaoru who she belonged to. And it wasn't to his weak side, or the Rurouni. No, Kaoru belonged to him.

"You wish to fight me, Kaoru?" he said silkily, staring at her with a burning gaze as she trembled before him.

Oh god! The way he was looking at her! It was so hungry. So possessive! And it both scared and thrilled her. Kenshin had never looked at her this way.
"Y-yes," she almost whispered, fingers hardening about the bokken. This wasn't Kenshin; this was Battousai, a deadly opponent. But it had been what she wanted, wasn't it? She had wanted to be taken seriously-and now she was.

Her lips trembled slightly before she formed them and threw him a defiant look. "Yes," she repeated louder, refusing to be cowed by the look in his burning golden eyes.

"Then defend yourself!"  He said silkily, raising his sword above his head and bending his elbow back in readiness.
 
 
 
 
To Be Continued...
_________________________________________________________________ ____
 
Please write me if you liked. I'm really looking forward to my reviews for this Fanfic, as it's been many years since I last posted. I know at least some people have been waiting a very long time for it and would appreciate any feedback.
Don't forget to pop over to the Archives and have a good read. The Battousai And Kaoru section is quite extensive and definitely the largest BK Archive on the net. There are also many other Rurouni Kenshin pairings up there, as well as for just about very show you could think of.
http://www.destinysgateway.com
Hugs,
Alyndrya
 
Destiny's Gateway Romance Fanfiction Archives:
Home to the Official Battousai And Kaoru Fanfiction Archives:
http://www.destinysgateway.com
The Battousai And Kaoru Romance Fanfiction List: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Battousai_And_Kaoru/
The One Hour Challenge List: http://lists.topica.com/lists/dga_one_hour_challenges/
The DGRFA Message Board: http://pub24.bravenet.com/forum/2048093066