Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ To Hate or To Forgive ❯ Chapter 9 Revealed Past and Feelings ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Antica: hi guys I'm back
Battousai: call the newspaper Kaoru, Antica updated fast
Antica: I didn't want to disappoint my readers
Battousai: ya ya whatever
Antica: really it's true I have a break now so I have time to update
Kaoru: that is good to hear Antica
Antica: ok this chapter I will reveal another thing from Kaoru's past
Kaoru: my past? Why what happened in my past?
Antica: just read and you will find out
 
Chapter 9 revealed past and feelings
Later that night Kaoru watched her reflection as she brushed her hair and laid down on her futon. She tried to sleep but her thoughts were on Kenshin.
That kiss felt so…..so…..right? What are theses feelings I'm experiencing? Is this the feeling you get when you're in love? How it happens so fast?” she tried not to think about Kenshin, but it is not use, she has fallen in love with her body guard.
“He is so mysterious; I wonder how he got his scar? I wish I could ask him except every time I ask him about his past it brings back sad memories for him….I hate to see him suffer I want to help him, I……..I love him she continued on thinking about him.
When she turned towards her door, she saw three black figures in front of her, her eyes got wider as she screamed but one of the figures grabbed her mouth cutting her scream, and pinned her to the wall, the other figure had a knife under her throat while the third had some rope in his hands and started to tie her wrists together.
“I knew this will happen one day……..I knew the he will be back, I tried to ignore it but he still came back……oh Kenshin please save me” thought Kaoru as she closed her eyes and tears ran from her eyes.
Meanwhile Kenshin was lying in his futon, thinking of what happened earlier today.
“Why did I kiss Kaoru today? I never kissed anyone before, but with Kaoru it felt so……right, but what possessed me to kiss her?” said Kenshin to himself as he fingered the ribbon around his palm.
You know why you kiss her? You are obviously attracted to her” a small voice in his head said.
“She is beautiful” he whispered as bought the ribbon close to his nose, closing his eyes he inhaled her jasmine scent in the ribbon. The awkward feeling came back to him.
“Tomoe, I remember when you explained this feeling to me long ago” he said as he closed his eyes and remembered something from his past
 
Flashback:
 
“Tomoe what is love?” asked a 12 year old Kenshin
“Ohh Kenshin, love is a feeling you have for someone special…..love is what brings two people together” Tomoe explained.
“Have you ever been in love sis?” Kenshin asked
“No I haven't”
“Why not?”
“I haven't found the right man yet”
“How do you that you are in love?”
“well…….you feel it when there is someone very close to you…..when that someone makes you feel happy and well….fuzzy inside. You feel love when you think that you life would be empty without them……that you will risk your own life just so they would be happy…….and that you want to spend the rest of your days with” Tomoe explained.
“It sounds too girly I don't think I want to fall in love when it runs you into a sissy” Kenshin joked.
“Someday Kenshin you will find someone to love and make you happy so be prepared to be a sissy” joked Tomoe
“SIS”
 
End of flashback
 
“Kaoru makes me feel exactly like that, Tomoe was right I…….I did find someone I will fall in love with, and that person is………. Kaoru, I love her she lets everything inside me feel exactly like what Tomoe explained, she makes my life complete” Kenshin thought as he wiped a tear that escaped his eye
“Tomoe was right I did turn into a sissy he chucked at the memory but then it hit him. Her father.
“what I feel for Kaoru is real, I do love her and I don't want to hurt her……but I have to avenge Tomoe…….her life was taken from her unfairly by him and he treats Kaoru no better than he treats a dog ……I have to kill him for Tomoe and Kaoru, but will she hate me if I kill him?…..after all he is her father……I couldn't bare the thought of my life without Kaoru or the fact that she hates me……but I can't force her to love me…..I'll kill her father and if she wont love me for me…then…..I have to let her go…..no matter how painful I will be Kenshin's thought were interpreted when he heard a scream, Kaoru's scream
Kaoru”
Kenshin jumped to his feet and ran towards her room with his sword already out of his sheath, when he reached there he forcefully slid the door open almost tearing it from its place. He saw the figures holding on to Kaoru, his anger has risen as he saw tears coming out of her eyes, and his eyes turned amber.
He jumped and used his god like speed he managed to kill two of them, and was heading toward the third but stopped when he saw Kaoru fall unconscious against the wall, he turned to her and caught her in his arms while the third figure made his escape.
Kenshin laid Kaoru on her futon and brushed the strands of her hair that fell on her face, then he examined her to check for injuries since she was wearing a sleeveless gi ,he was able to spot a scar on her upper arm, Kenshin's blood boiled at the thought of someone hurting his Kaoru
Kaoru eyes began to flutter open her vision was blurry at first and all she could see is a blurry vision of a figure with flaming red hair.
“Kenshin?” she murmured as she blinked
“Miss Kaoru” the figure spoke
Then her vision started to clear up as she continued to blink, when she saw Kenshin looking down at her, she flung her arms around his neck and started to sob, Kenshin eyes soften as placed his arms around her
 
“Are you okay Miss Kaoru? Did they hurt you?” he asked rubbing his hands on her back trying to comfort her.
“n-n-n-no” Kaoru answered still crying on his chest.
“It's ok now, I'm here”.
“Kenshin please don't leave me alone, I'm scared that they might come back”.
“I'll never leave you Miss Kaoru” he said looking into her eyes and wiping the tears off her cheek “but tell me why would anyone want to hurt you or your father?”
“Other than me” he added in his mind.
“It's a long story”.
“I have time, you can trust me”.
“Well…….. about a month before you came I went to the market to buy some things, when this gang leader came up to me and wanted to `play with me' I immediately refused and ran back home, he tried to stop me but I managed to get away, after he came to my father and asked for my hand in marriage, my father immediately refused him and accused me of having a relation ship with him, then he……..” Kaoru explained.
“What did your father do miss Kaoru?” Kenshin asked but he saw that she was hesitating “you can trust me”
“He……..he hit me” she whispered.
Kenshin's anger was to its extreme, someone hurt his Kaoru, no one had the right to hurt her, and even her father didn't have the right to hurt her
“Is this how you got your scar?” he asked as he brushed his finger tips on her scar
“Yes” she answered as shivers ran through he spin when Kenshin touched her scar
“What happened next? I mean with that man, how did he react when your father refused him?”
“It was true my father did refuse him but I also didn't want to marry someone I didn't love. He got mad and said that my father and I will pay for rejecting him and that if he can't have me no one can”
“He won't be able to do anything to you, not while I'm here to protect you”.
“Thank you Kenshin” she said as she wrapped her arms around him.
Kenshin too wrapped his arms around her giving her a tight embrace.
“Kenshin may I ask you something?” asked Kaoru.
“Of course” he answered.
She back away from the embrace and put her hand on his scar.
“How did you get this scar?”
“Oro” Kenshin looked at her surprisingly as his eyes widened, he didn't expect that Kaoru would ask him that.
“What am I going to do? What am I going to tell her? Definitely not the truth” thought Kenshin.
 
“Kenshin” she asked while staring into his eyes.
“It's nothing Miss Kaoru, don't worry about me”
“You said I can trust you, why can't you trust me?”
“I do trust Kaoru”
“Then why can't you tell me? I told you about my scar” whispered Kaoru.
Okay Kenshin come on think, tell her anything Kenshin told himself, he hated lying to Kaoru but he had no choice
“I had a fight with a couple of boys when I was little. One of them cut my cheek and I've had it ever since”. Said Kenshin
“oh” was all that Kaoru said
A short silence spread the room as Kenshin stood up and walked toward the door
“You should get some sleep miss Kaoru; if you need anything just call me”.
“Okay good night Kenshin”.
“Good night Miss Kaoru” he said
“Good night Kenshin” she said
Sweet dream angel” he thought
Kenshin slid the door close then turned to stare at the ambassador's door.
“Soon very soon Tomoe the bastard who sent you to your grave will go to hell…..and on the exact same day that he killed you” Kenshin thought as he entered his room
Tomorrow night, on the night that she died she will be avenged
 
 
Antica: I had a lot of reviews asking me when am I going to let Kaoru father die
Battousai: come to think about it when am I going to kill that heartless bastard?
Antica: defiantly in the next chapter, the ambassador will die
Battousai: finally some action
Antica: ya well readers if you want to read how Kenshin is going to kill Kaoru dad then please review
 
 
RESPONSES:
EmeraldFoxTears: hehe…..I'm glad you like it…I really has fun writing that scene…..thanks for the review……hope you like this chapter
^_^