Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Twin brother, worse rival ❯ Bastard-ruining first kisses-jerk ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I do not own RK. Nobuhiro Watsuki does! I don't even own my character's appearance, since he's Aoshi's twin brother! I just own his personality and this fanfic!
Ah! Yes…some words are not for children…(I think…)
 
Twin brother, worse rival
 
Chapter 3: Bastard-ruining first kisses-jerk (note: these are Aoshi's words, not mine! Just kidding, I hope you enjoy!)
 
`Did you really sleep here?' Kenshin asked as he saw Aoshi leaving a room with no futon, and a lot of stuff for Misao's birthday party.
`Yes.'
`That's all he said. After that, he left.'
`How mean! He did not even come and see his brother!' Megumi said.
`How's he? Any better?' Sano asked.
`As he said, he can't open his eyes, but I already gave him something to feel better.'
`It's almost lunch time, why isn't Aoshi here?'
`It's not unusual. He does not arrive until 5.30 pm', Omasu said as she was delivering an order to the customers.
`Although yes, he's kind of mean, we really could use his help today.' Okon said. The Aoiya had a lot of customers that day. They were so many, that Kenshin and the others had to help around. Even Megumi helped, after checked up on Koichi. They couldn't have lunch until almost 4.
 
-----------♪-----------
 
`Aoshi-sama? You came earlier today!' Misao said when she found Aoshi, on her way to the temple, just getting inside the Aoiya.
`I was kind of worried, since you didn't come to the temple. I thought maybe something wrong happened.'
`Not really. Today we had a lot of customers and therefore I helped Megumi-sensei to take care of Koichi-sama…' Misao kept talking to him, but he didn't listen to her anymore.
`Did she just say `Koichi-sama'? Has he become so dear to her already? Why? That damn bastard! Did she really prefer being with him instead of me?' Aoshi thought.
`…and so we're having lunch until now…Ano, Aoshi-sama? Did you hear me?'
`Aa' Aoshi said still confused for all the thoughts of hate to his brother. How can his Misao think of Koichi, that clumsy jerk, as her `Koichi-sama'? How could his brother attract her even more than him? `Well, it isn't like I'm trying, but anyway, why could she prefer being with that stranger if Misao knows me like forever?' Aoshi thought. Misao kept talking, but he wasn't paying attention, so, when she asked him if he wanted to have lunch with her and he didn't say a thing, she found the courage to take his hand and take him to the dinner room. He didn't realize he had walked until he entered into that room. No one was there. `Maybe they all finished their lunch, which means I'm having lunch with…' he stopped his mind right there. He felt an empty space in his stomach, and was about to blush, but he didn't allow it. `I'm not like this. Just stay cool. Breath, breath…' He calmed himself and said: `So, what are we having?'
`Koichi-sama wanted to eat miso soup to feel better, so Omasu prepared a lot of that!' Misao answered with a smile.
`Miso soup! Damn! Now I know why I hate that dish so bad! It was for him. When we were together, we always ate that because he said it would make me feel better. Idiot! It was actually for him to feel better, not me.', he thought.
`Ano, Aoshi-sama? Are you ok? You seem distracted today. Is miso soup ok?'
`Aa. I really like it', Aoshi lied, but he couldn't help it: Misao looked so lovely, her smile, her eyes, her hair, and her face... It didn't matter if he had to eat the worse food ever, as long as he could do it next to His Misao. `Cut it out, Aoshi! Remember you even changed her diapers, you have no right to want her that way…'
`So, why didn't you tell me you had a brother, Aoshi-sama?' Misao asked a little bit embarrassed by being there with the man he loved the most, all by her own. Aoshi stared at her and came back to earth.
`I didn't remember I have a brother. Somehow, I just forgot about him.'
`That's weird. Have you any idea why did you do it?'
`I thought about him (a little) yesterday while I was meditating and when I actually saw him I just felt I was about to feel the worse headache ever, so I guess he did really infuriate me, although I don't remember how.'
`But he's so nice! He's definitely your brother, Aoshi-sama.' Misao said that and blushed a little, but she tried hard to hide it. She succeeded, because Aoshi was kind of confused due the comparison. `Did she mean by physical appearance?'
`What do you mean? We've always been so different from each other!'
`Well…' she began, taking courage only God knows from where, `I think he is as charming as you are, Aoshi-sama.'
`Is she…saying she thinks I'm charming…? Oh, Kami-sama, is this truly happening?' he thought, as he was about to kiss her. Misao blushed again; she knew her first kiss was coming on the way, but then…
`Ao-chan!' Koichi said while he opened the door and dropped himself over Aoshi's back, making him lose his balance. Aoshi was about to kiss Misao, but for accident, because of his brother's weight on him, so he tried to stop himself from falling over the girl. `If there should come a time for me to kiss her, I'll make it as good as possible, not with some bastard-ruining first kisses-jerk on my back, as my brother!', Aoshi thought.
`What on earth do you want, Koichi?' Aoshi said as he stood up with anger. His brother let go of him, and with a smile, he sad:
`I wanted to spend some time with you, ototo-chan! And I heard your voice coming from here! Misao-chan? What happens? You look sick. Did I infect you?' Koichi asked after seeing the red tomato face that Misao had.
`Na-nandemo nai. It's just that I'm tired for today's work.' She said, knowing Koichi ruined her first kiss. `Was Aoshi-sama about to kiss me? Maybe it was just a matter of the moment, but would I ever have the chance again to truly kiss him? Oh! I was waiting for this moment all my life, and I can't believe Koichi-sama ruined it for me!'
`Well, ototo-chan, what shall we do first?'
`Like if I care. Just drop dead, would you, Koichi?' Aoshi answered really pissed off.
`God, you're mean, Ao-chan! Besides, remember: you gotta call me Onii-chan-sama!' Aoshi almost laughed. Of course it was a sardonic answer to his brother's stupid request, but even so he looked icily at Koichi.
`You gotta be really ill and with a fever so high for you to even think of me saying such things.' Koichi stared at him icily as well, almost bored, but then he said:
`Damn, Ao-chan. What am I supposed to say for you to smile?'
`There's nothing you could do about it. Now, let me alone.' And so Aoshi left the room, leaving his miso soup behind.
-----------♪-----------
 
`Ao-chan! Ao-chan! Ao-chan! Ao-chan! Ao-chan! Ao-chan! Ao-chan! Ao-chan! AO-CHAN!' That was everything he began to hear around him. When he was about to leave to the temple, there he was: his brother appeared just in front of the door to scary him to death. If he wanted to have tea with the rest of the Aoiya's inhabitants (which was beginning to happen, since he was starting to feel at home again), Koichi was there as well telling some embarrassment stories about their childhood, but Aoshi didn't want to stop him, since everybody would notice that he, in fact, was embarrassed. Before and after he slept, Koichi dropped over himself from nowhere, asking him if he could sleep with him or to say `good morning' and kiss him in his cheek. Aoshi couldn't be anywhere, because Koichi was everywhere: a footstep behind him or a footstep in front of him, turning the corner, or at the other side of the door. Even in the temple, a place he always found quite, pleasant, as part of him, became a war field, where his brother started to talk so much and so loud that was able to take out of the deepest meditation the better monk. Aoshi was beginning to lose his patience.
`Ao-chan, what if-'
`What if you shut your mouth up and go find someone else to bother? I'm really getting sick of you!' Aoshi exploded one day after the routine: his brother dropped himself (no one knows from where or how, since Aoshi was getting really careful about the issue) over Ao-chan; Koichi appeared in the bathroom itself while Aoshi was bathing, and even made his brother to break three coups of tea, three plates where he was eating his breakfast, six pairs of chopsticks, Okon's favorite tray, and Okina's Sake bottle. Thanks to Koichi, Aoshi was about to break the seventh pair of chopsticks and the fourth plate, when he suddenly exploded and yelled at his brother.
`Come on, little bro! You know you can't be mad at me'
`No. I thought no one, and I mean NO ONE, would ever be able to break me down until my last nerve, but you seem to be the winner. So, why don't you just take the way you came from and disappear again? Now I know why I tried so hard to forget you: you're a pain in the-' but Aoshi cut himself as he realized everyone was staring at him. `Don't you ever show your face before me again.' He said and left to the temple, wishing to find some peace at last. Those words did not only hit Koichi, but Misao felt kind of hurt as well.
`Don't worry, Koichi-kun. He's just not used to the idea of having you back after all that time, but you should know he cares about you.' Okina told him.
`Yes, I know, but I really wish he could say so.'
`Asking Aoshi to show any emotion is like asking a whale to fly through the sky.' Sano said.
 
-----------♪-----------
 
`May I have some words with you, Koichi-sama?', Misao asked when she found him in Kyoto's main bridge.
`Sure, Mi-chan. What's wrong?'
`Well, I was wondering if you're hurt about your brother.' Koichi blinked many times after hearing her question.
`Of course I am. It really hurts when someone you love kicks you out like that!' he laughed. `But he always was like that, so I'm not shocked or anything.'
`Those same words he spoke…he told me the exact same thing once, and it really hit me, but…here we are, in Kyoto. Even when he's so indifferent to me in many ways, I'm still waiting for him, and I'm pretty sure he'll come back. So wait for him, Koichi-sama' Koichi just smiled, he found out that day something really interesting.
 
-----------♪-----------
 
`Hey, you! Wait up!' Aoshi turned to see who was talking to him so improperly on his way to Aoiya. He saw two big guys with swords and beard. `You might have cut your hair, Koichi, but you cannot change your face! Ojou-sama is really mad at you, and she ordered us to bring you back so she could punish you. But, to be honest, we prefer to kill you right now! Just face it; it would be easier for you this way.' So the man who spoke to Aoshi run against him, with his sword in hand, ready to kill him, but he dogged it easily and hit the man right behind his neck and knocked him out. Still, Aoshi didn't seem to say a word.
`You're over, little brat!' The other guy did as the last one, and so Aoshi defeated them both without sweat.
`No one calls me `little'', he whispered, trying to leave again, but then he felt somebody watching over him. `Someone's spying me. Damn it, Koichi. What did you do?'
-----------♪-----------
 
Three days passed since Aoshi exploded at his brother. Misao started to worry when she went to the temple to go for him, to walk back to the Aoiya next to him, and didn't find him seated in his regular spot. She knew he left again. She wanted to go and find him before it could be too late, but Koichi-sama said that Aoshi was still mad at him, and didn't want to come for a while. On day one, they both looked for him in Kyoto and in the forest, but didn't find Aoshi (they walked a lot, and even so, there was no clue). On day two, Kenshin and the others helped them, but still, nobody could say where Aoshi was. On day three, they decided to go to the police.
`It's not like he's in troubles, but what if he is?' Misao said to herself over and over again.
`Ok, tell me again how does he look like' the lieutenant asked.
`I told you: he's just like me. We're twins! The last one who saw him was a monk, because my brother is a boring brat who spends his life in the temple.'
¡Aoshi-sama is not a brat.' Misao yelled at Koichi, who smiled at her as an apology.
`Sir, we have some news about someone who resembles a lot the description of Shinomori-san' a policeman said to the lieutenant. `He had a fight near to the temple, and defeated two men, who were arrested since they had katanas with them.' The policeman took Kenshin and the others to the cells, and added `Since then, more and more thieves have appeared knocked out in the surroundings.'
`This is…definitely his doing…' Sano said by seeing at the thieves' wounds.
`Yeah, no doubt about it.' Yahiko added.
`However, nobody has seen the one who did this to these men, and they don't want to tell us who did it.'
`Do you think I can talk with them alone? I don't want to be disturbed.' Koichi said at the policeman, with an emotionless face that made him look exactly like his brother. The policeman decided to leave, somehow scared for the suddenly transformation of Koichi's face, but Kenshin, the other, and specially Misao, refused to leave. `Why do I think I've seen you before?', Koichi asked to someone in the cells. He got no answer. `Well, maybe it was my imagination, after all there's no need to…' a man took his hair, and forced him to stay right next to the cell.
`Koichi? How dare you?'
`Oh…so, we met before, right?'
`Of course we did! Hug? What's this? Didn't you cut your hair? Well, there's no use in trying to escape. You know damn to well there's no way to leave behind our ojou-sama!'
`Is that so? I wonder if you might tell me where we met last time.'
`What?' Did you forget...?'
`Kind of…' Koichi said smiling.
`Just because you kicked us in the forest it doesn't mean you can treat us like this! We are Ojou-sama's most powerful warriors.'
`So, it was in the forest, thanks.' Koichi took the man's hand that grabbed his hair, and broke it with hate, although he was still smiling. The thief cried so loud, that it called everybody's attention.
`Koichi! The traitor!'
`You're dead, Koichi!' that's what all the thieves there started to say as he was leaving.
`What was that?' Sano asked, but Koichi didn't seem to be interested in answer him.
`Could it be that you're here for…?' Kenshin began, and suddenly Koichi stopped.
`Let's just say I was way too popular in Hokkaido!' Koichi said smiling as usual.
`Does that mean that Aoshi-sama is in danger?' Misao asked. Her eyes were about to cry and Koichi felt all her anger on him.
`Why don't you go and look for him? I think he's in the forest. I'll be soon there, I promise!' but Kenshin took his arm as Koichi was leaving.
`I know Aoshi is not weak, but there might be a reason why he didn't show up at the Aoiya. These guys might be really dangerous, and still you're gonna let them like that?'
`Of course not! Ao-chan is my ototo-chan, and I would not allow anyone to lay a finger on him. I just have something to do before I could face those guys. I'll be there soon, I promise.' And so he left.
`What should we do, Kenshin?' Sano asked.
`It's up to you, Misao-dono? Oro?' Misao was no longer there, and when they looked for her, they saw her running to the forest.
`I think…she already…decided' Yahiko said.
 
 
Author's notes: I know, I know!!! This chapter was bla, but hey! I'm trying here! At the beginning, I wanted to make this one a little bit longer, but I realized that there was no way I could do it without changing too fast the lines of the events…So, this chapter ends right here. When the idea of the ruining first kisses-jerk came out, I was like `WHY!?' I know Misao has been waiting her entire life for THAT kiss, but how could that turn out when they both (Misao and Aoshi) had the guts to make a move and suddenly someone interfered? I just felt sorry for them, but hey! I still hope you enjoyed it! PLEASE, PLEASE! Some comments, onegai shimasu!!