Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Why is it snowing? ❯ Why is it snowing? ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

A/N: Ok, this is my first finished story, if you could even call it a story. It is really short, call it five minutes of inspiration.
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Rurouni Kenshin.
 
Summary: Kenshin is looking through the window and contemplating snow…
 
Why Is It Snowing?
 
Kenshin wished it would be raining instead. The rhythmical pounding of raindrops falling on the roof always lulled him to sleep. It was like the sound was a confirmation of his existence.
 
But no, it wasn't raining - it was snowing. Snowflakes unnerved him. They only brought him sadness and the feeling of guilt. Falling slowly to the ground, unlike the raindrops that fell quickly without hesitation, snowflakes made no sound. That annoyed him the most. Without any sound he had nothing to focus on and prevent the overwhelming memories to flow free through his mind.
 
It was like the small white parts of snow would be mutely pointing at him, at his sins. They where constantly reminding him. Even their colour was white, pure, and innocent. Everything he wasn't.
 
He watched as the first snowflakes melted on the ground. So many of them had to become a small puddle of water, so the others could be shiny thick blanket of snow. They sacrificed themselves. So many sacrifices… Was it worth?
 
The snowflakes that melted on the ground, they gave their live for other snowflakes… just like… No, he wouldn't think about that night, about that winter.
 
He wondered if snowflakes felt guilty? Were they feeling any remorse for their melted sisters? Did their conscience ever smite them? Were their minds plagued with all the victims?
 
No. They just fell to the ground. That was their existence and true meaning - to form a blanket of snow. He hated snow even more, because it was so simple for it. He wished it wouldn't be snowing.
 
A sight he didn't quite expect drew him out of his reverie. Outside were Kaoru and Yahiko laughing and throwing snowballs at each other merrily.
 
He got his answer. It was worth. He realized it as he saw the happy faces of the two young people playing in the new fallen snow. Maybe it was time for him to reconsider snowflakes.
 
After all, they also brought joy.
 
A/N: I hope you liked reading it! So, don't forget and leave a review. I don't mind flames - at least I know someone read my story! lol
Love you all!
 
Dreycy-chan