S-CRY-ed Fan Fiction ❯ S-cry-ed, renewed ❯ Mad Script part two ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Kazuma looked dully out of his clean window. On his other side, Ayanna was struggling to stay awake as the driver droned on about the history of the Lost Ground. The vehicle was a shiny black Lexus. The ex-native alters, though, felt it had no significance.
“Hey, I bet you two are hungry, huh?” the driver suddenly changed the subject. In the back, Ayanna and Kazuma snapped to attention.
“Yes!” they cried in unison. The driver, a tall thin man with black hair laughed.
“Okay, but first, we need to do something about your clothes,” he suggested, taking a turn. Kazuma and Ayanna looked down at their clothes. They screamed inner.
The driver slowed down and parked on the side of a building. Kazuma pressed his face against the window, causing a small smear. “Whoa, what's this place?”
The driver turned around to look at the two passengers. He laughed. “That's the department store of course!” he replied. Ayanna's eyes shone with curiosity. “I'll drive around while you two get some new clothes. Charge it all on that card,” he tapped the card in Kazuma's hand.
Once the driver had left, they entered the department store.
“Oh my God, it's huge!” Ayanna shouted. Before they could marvel further, an employee in a suit greeted them. He was an average-looking man with curly brown hair and blue eyes.
“Excuse me. Welcome! Would you two like help?” he asked kindly. The man looked the strangers up and down. “I can guess you came for a new set of clothes?” he asked. Kazuma had just enough time to nod before the man swept them both off into a private room full of clothes.
The man peeked out into the main store, “Hey, Lynn! There's a couple that needs to be fitted into their clothes!” he shouted across the store.
“Coming!” came a feminine voice. The man turned back to Kazuma and Ayanna.
“My associate will be right with you,” he guaranteed and left before either customer could argue. Ayanna gazed around the room. Where are the dressing rooms? She asked herself. Just then, the curtain opened to let a woman with long blonde hair pass. She quickly closed the drapes again and smiled at the pair.
“My name is Lynn Harada. I see you two need clothes. Any special occasion?” she asked, still smiling. Kazuma shrugged.
“We're just going to dinner,” he explained. Lynn brightened and clapped her hands together.
“Wonderful! I have just the thing!” Lynn crossed over to a rack of clothing faster than the eye could catch. Ayanna was handed a long, white and violet dress that sparkled in the light. Kazuma was handed a light blue suit without a tie. “How are these?” Lynn asked excitedly. “Go ahead and try them on, I'll be back in a minute!” Everyone at this store seemed as if they were in a great hurry. Lynn had already left. Ayanna looked at her dress. Kazuma glared at his suit.
“Hey, where do we get dressed?” Kazuma asked.
“I was going to ask, too, but…they left so soon,” Ayanna pointed to a sign near the door. “I think this is a couples' dressing room.”
Kazuma's eyes widened when he read the sign. He exchanged awkward glances with Ayanna, and then spoke. “Uh…How about, you look that way, and I'll look this way,” he said pointing in different directions. Ayanna nodded and they both turned and took a few steps away from each other.
Both alter-users quickly undressed. Ayanna stopped into her dress. Kazuma was pretty much done before she was and he turned around. Ayanna saw him turn. “Kazuma? Can you help me with this?” she asked, turning her back to him where the zipper was only half-way up. Kazuma smiled softly.
“Of course,” he replied. He walked over and gently zipped Ayanna's dress. She smiled and turned around.
“Thank you.” She noticed Kazuma's shirt collar and stifled a giggle.
“What?” Kazuma looked down at himself. Ayanna shook her head.
“Nothin'. Here,” she reached up and buttoned Kazuma's shirt and fixed the collar.
“How does everything fit?” Lynn's voice squeaked. Kazuma and Ayanna jumped out of their skin in surprise. Ayanna was first to sigh in relief.
“Just fine,” she answered. Lynn circled Ayanna.
“Beautiful,” she whistled. She turned to Kazuma and her eyes locked onto his right hand. “You're supposed to take the glove off,” she said sternly. Kazuma clutched his hand protectively.
“No way I'm taking this off!” he said defensively. Ayanna waved a hand to dismiss the matter.
“It's no problem,” she laughed nervously. Lynn smiled
“Hey Lonn, don't you have any casual clothes?” he asked. Lynn glared at Kazuma.

“My name is Lynn. And yes, I had already chosen your casual clothing while you were dressing,” she held up to hangers on which were two sets of clothing. “I'll just put all of this on your card,” she said and snatched Kazuma's credit card.
“Hey!” Kazuma shouted.
“Follow me,” she ordered. Kazuma stayed where he was. Ayanna suddenly jerked him along.
 
Lynn quickly swiped the card and Kazuma and Ayanna left the strange department store. They found their driver parked right in front of the building waiting for them. The driver whistled at the couple as they climbed into the backseat. Ayanna smiled and blushed; Kazuma muttered something under his breath.
“You two look great!” the driver commented. “Now it's off to lunch, huh?” he laughed as he drove off. As they rode in the Lexus, Kazuma, who had crossed his arms, glanced over at Ayanna. He could feel his breathing quicken at the very sight of her. His heart beat faster and faster…
Ayanna turned her face towards Kazuma and they locked eyes. Ayanna smiled innocently and Kazuma blushed and rubbed the back of his neck nervously. “Oh, uh…You look nice, Ayanna,” he stuttered. Ayanna was taken by surprise, but she smiled.
“So do you,” she replied. Kazuma beamed. They turned back to the front and were silent the rest of the way. Kazuma noticed Ayanna's slender hand lain against the seat. Slowly, before he could think of what might happen, he reached out and laid his own hand on hers.
The driver in front watched from his rear-view mirror as both alter-users blushed bright red.
 
Kazuma's head was buried in his dinner menu. They had been dropped off at a fancy restaurant of some sort. From across the room, Ryuhou and Seyaa sat across from each other. Ryuhou wore a strapping black suit, as Seyaa wore a beautiful black and white dress. They stared at Kazuma and Ayanna. Seyaa couldn't help but smile sweetly.
“They look like lovers on a date,” she commented. Ryuhou did not respond. He was busy watching the couple. Seyaa sighed. “I think this is pointless. They look like normal citizens to me.”
“Esta-Estag…What the hell?” Kazuma studied his menu. “I can't read any of this! How about you?” Kazuma looked up at Ayanna sitting across from him.
“No, I'm kinda lost,” she replied. Kazuma smiled and reached over. He grabbed the menu from Ayanna and turned it over.
“You're reading it upside-down,” he laughed. Ayanna looked at the menu right-side-up, then upside-down again and again, then looked back up at Kazuma.
“I don't think it makes much of a difference,” she proclaimed. A waiter appeared beside Ayanna.
“May I take your order?” he asked. Kazuma waved at the waiter.
“Hey, we can't read any of this, so, uh, just make it a meal, huh buddy? We'll eat anything, right Ayanna?” he asked. Ayanna grinned and nodded vigorously.
The waiter nodded and soon came back with two plates of food. He set one each before Ayanna and Kazuma. They both stared at the strange food. “This is it?” Kazuma asked.
“This is only the first meal,” the waiter replied. Ayanna sniffed he food delicately, then quickly ate it all up in a flash.
“It's delicious!” she smiled. Kazuma laughed and spilled his down his throat as well.
“Hey it's been a long day, so just bring everything at once, will ya?” Kazuma asked the waiter. The waiter started to argue and Kazuma stood up. “Hey, we're the customers, aren't you supposed to do as we say?” he asked. The waiter shriveled under Kazuma's hungry glare.
Across the room, Ryuhou and Seyaa watched the scene with looks of disgust.
 
“Hey Kazuma, does this look okay?” Ayanna asked, stepping out of a public restroom. Kazuma had only just exited the men's restroom where he had also changed. He looked over at Ayanna. She wore baggy brown jeans, a tight orange and grey shirt and a dark blue jean jacket. On her head was a cap-less beret at a jaunty angle.
Kazuma smiled. “Perfect,” he replied. He wore baggy blue jeans, a medium-lengthed black and red shirt with the brand name: “JNCO” printed on it, and a light, brown jacket.
“The park just opened,” Kazuma added. They stood in front of the amusement park of the city of the Lost Ground. Ayanna laughed and suddenly pulled Kazuma along as she ran inside.
Neither had ever been to an amusement park of any kind. They walk through the fun houses, laughing at themselves in wavy mirrors, and stop to poke at a man in a large dog costume. Afterwards, they share a stick of cotton-candy.
At a side-store, Kazuma buys Ayanna a silver ring which he slips on the finger of her right hand much to her embarrassment. On the roller-coaster, as they travel up and reach the top of the mountain, about to drop, Ayanna grabs Kazuma's hand in fright.

“Yes! It's the perfect story! A beautiful script! It's my masterpiece!” Unkei cried, raising the script above his head dramatically. “END OF THE FIRST DAY!”
 
 
~
Next morning
 
 
“My name is Ayanna!” Ayanna stood beside Kazuma in front of all of the HOLY members.

“And I am Kazuma,” he added. “We are now members of HOLY and will carry out any duties we are given!” they stood at attention, both wearing HOLY uniforms.
Urizane smiled. “Hey you two, loosen up!”
“When we're off duty, we're free to do whatever we want,” Scheris explained. Kazuma and Ayanna exchanged smiles.
“Really? Then let's go eat!” he beckoned Ayanna and they were about to run off to the kitchens when Scheris ran up and grabbed the back of their uniforms.
“Hold it! First you have to study the regulations!” she told them. Kazuma frowned.
“Aww, do we have to?” he complained.
“Hey, I'll help you guys study,” Cougar walked up. Kazuma grumbled, but Ayanna nodded.
“Yeah sure, that sounds great!” Ayanna agreed. Ryuhou entered the room on the other side. Kazuma looked up at him and waved.
“Hey Chief, you wanna study with me?” he asked. Ryuhou left with a scowl. Seyaa could be barely seen, traveling just beside him.
 

Kazuma and Ayanna sat beside each other at two different computers. Cougar stood behind Kazuma and typed on his keyboard. “Okay, just to make sure, let's start you out on the banana level,” he said. A little window popped up on Kazuma's screen. He grabbed at his hair in frustration.
“5 years old!” he shouted distressed.
“You'll get there,” Cougar laughed, then moved on to Ayanna. He leaned over her and clicked on the same toolbar as he did with Kazuma, only higher level.
“14?” Ayanna asked, looking up at Cougar. He smiled winningly.
“Well yeah, you're fifteen, right? I thought maybe we should start you out just a year under,” he explained. Ayanna laughed and Kazuma twitched.
“Thanks! I only thought you'd start me out younger!” she laughed.
 
~
7 hours later
 
“Wow, alright! This is a great party! Real blitzy!” Kazuma exclaimed. He wore his suit and a little party hat. Ayanna wasn't far away in her dress and a lea around her neck. She seemed like she was having a good time. Kazuma stared at her a moment.
Ayanna was standing with Elian and Scheris. Suddenly, music blared out through the speakers in the room. Kazuma saw Ayanna look up, her eyes sparkling and her smile etching into his mind. He couldn't forget how happy she looked.
Ayanna grabbed Elian's small hand and ran forward towards another pair that was dancing. From the sidelines, Scheris laughed and cheered them on. “Dance Elian! Ahahaha!”
Kazuma was quickly taken out of his trance when Urizane and Kodono, an alter-user who was fairly tall and had light brown hair, appeared behind him. Kazuma smiled as he was congratulated. He was quite popular around HOLY now. Kazuma made friends exceptionally fast.
Urizane tapped Kazuma on the shoulder and pointed behind him. “Hey, look, Cougar's makin' his move, hehehe!”
“Hmm?” Kazuma turned around and saw where Ayanna had finished dancing with Elian and a slower song came on. She turned as Cougar greeted her, but Kazuma couldn't hear what they were saying.
Cougar bowed to her and Ayanna nodded politely. Then, much to Kazuma's dismay, Cougar took her by the hand and they started to dance.
“She said yes,” Kodono breathed.
“She only said it to be polite,” Urizane argued. All the while, Kazuma watched Cougar and Ayanna. His hands balled up into fists and he glared right at Cougar as Urizane and Kodono continued to argue. Suddenly, without thinking, (for when Kazuma makes up his mind he sticks with it) Kazuma walks forward.
Urizane and Kodono quit bickering to look up in confusion as Kazuma walks onto the dance-floor.
“Hey, what is he doing?” Kodono asked.
“What an idiot!” Urizane crossed his arms.
Kazuma walked confidently up to the couple and laid a hand on Cougar, pulling the two apart. Cougar looked up at Kazuma strangely.
“Excuse me, do you mind if I cut in?” Kazuma asked. Without waiting for an answer, Kazuma holds Ayanna by the waist and grabs her other hand.
Rejected, Cougar backed off a bit and stared at Kazuma and Ayanna. As she smiles, Cougar grabs at his hair in frustration. “No! Not again! Why's she smiling? How can she go for him over me!? How can this be happening! NOOO!!”
“Idiot,” Urizane whispers to Kodono. He nods.
Ryuhou crossed his arms as he watched Kazuma and Ayanna. “No matter how long I watch him, I can never figure that man out,” he growled. Seyaa stood beside him obediently.
 
“Wow this place is great!” Kazuma flopped down onto his queen-sized bed in nothing but a light sea-green robe. He smiled and stared up at the ceiling. “I feel so stupid for all the running around I was doing at Inner! Ha hahaha!” Kazuma laughed.
All other thoughts of his life before: Kanami and Kimishima; all vanquished from his mind. Mad Script had taken full control of Kazuma's and Ayanna's thoughts.
Now, as they both lay peacefully dreaming in their own beds, Kanami lay dormant as well; only her thoughts kept her company in the nothingness of sleep that night.
That night…I had no dreams. Why? What's the reason? Why didn't I dream?
“Ah!” Unkei sighed. He stood on the roof of HOLY, posing dramatically. “What a wonderful script I've written! It's a work of art!” he laughed maniacally.