S-CRY-ed Fan Fiction ❯ The Spectre's Seven ❯ Chapter One--Access Denied ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: I can't believe it. I just CAN'T believe it. I promised myself that I would never do this. That I would never submit to writing one of these. But here I am writing a story to an anime that doesn't even have its own category. Sigh. Am I a moron? Probably. Do I expect anything in return for writing a story to such an unpopular anime? No. Do I care? Not particularly. I know what I'm in for when I write this and it's kind of depressing.

s.CRY.ed is one of those great series (minus the ending which I'm not going to spoil for those who haven't seen it) that just never gets any popularity. And I have the misfortune of always getting hooked on games and anime that never get the popularity they deserve.

So okay, here it is. My unoriginal s.CRY.ed story. This takes place AFTER the series, so be sure that you've seen the entire thing before reading this. This is kind of those 'what if' stories, so don't be surprised if you see things in this that would NEVER happen in the series. Or yeah…something like that. For example: Kimishima as an Alter User. What? WHAT!? OMG! It CAN'T be true! Ya, in this story it is…if I even get that far.

Anyway, to tell you the truth this all started with a crazy dream I had. Kind of interesting really but maybe if I start writing stuff or whatever, maybe other people will start putting together s.CRY.ed fics as well. Come on people! Unite! So that's the only reason I posted this here. It wasn't for reviews, believe me. But…Those are always nice to have too. ^_^

All right, I'm getting annoying, I know. Anyhow, bear with me on my crazy dream that probably doesn't follow very well with the series. I found it to be an interesting concept that just might work had it the basic structure to a format of a story. Hope you find my spoofy idea somewhat attractive as it DID take me two whole hours to come up with it a week after I had the dream. (And the dream haunted me…I could not shake it until I wrote the story… O___O)

This story contains spoilers.

Hope you enjoy.

---------------------------------

Chapter One--Access Denied

Four years they had been fighting them. Four years after the defeat of that puppet, Kyoji Mujo. And still it had gotten them nowhere. The brows of this man furrowed together angrily. He had just been served with the papers from the Mainland's government. They had made a unanimous decision to stop all pursuit of the Alter Users in the Lost Ground and sever all ties with them completely.

This man knew that the Alter Users could not survive without the resources from the Mainland and without the Lost Ground, all access to the Other Side would be lost completely.

He cursed and his balled fist crashed down upon the oak table, sending papers flying. This man could do nothing but stand and pace back and forth in the room. It was a hard decision- - a TOUGH decision. But he could not lose access to them now. No, not yet! Not when he was so close. Not when he had gotten so far!

Why if that fool, Mujo, had only followed orders like he had been instructed! Ah, it was no good to dwell on the past now, this man knew. He had to move forward. He could still fix things. And with a little time and money, the Mainland would be back on the Lost Ground in no time.

"Those foolish Alter Users," The man spoke with a deep British voice to only himself. "Don't they understand where their choices are taking them? Don't they know that by eliminating all humans from the Lost Ground and reforming the island into a paradise for only Alter Users will lead them to their demise!?" He cursed loudly and brought a white gloved hand to his throbbing temple.

They had left him with no choice. He had pulled every string that he could and for the past four years, hundreds of soldiers had been sent over to the Lost Ground to try and regain order, only to be destroyed by the Alter rebels. But the two names that came up the most were Kazuma and Ryuho.

"There is no file on Kazuma," The man said, sifting through the papers on his desk. "But it appears that this 'Ryuho' is son to the heir of a great family." He continued to read the file. "And he once worked for HOLY." HOLY…It was a fantastic organization- - one that he, himself, had helped sponsor. But without it, the Lost Ground had turned chaotic.

This man sat down in his chair again, drumming his fingers against the wood of the desk. The light of the moon illuminated through the window, reflecting on the pale skin of his face. This was a gentleman, foreign to Japan. Perhaps from London or Britain. He was in his mid-forties no doubt, with flecks of gray in his brown hair. Dark lines from obvious stress formed at his forehead and cheeks and he tapped his chin with his white gloved hand. Yes, a proper gentleman who wore a black velvet suit with the fanciest laces and the tails that flowed behind.

With his clean black pants that fell over his shiniest black dress shoes, oh yes, this was a man of wealth, power, and manipulation.

Isaac Crane, the envelopes read on the mail that he had received. God knew this man well but only under his benevolent exterior was a true man to be seen.

Withdrawing a pen and a fancy tablet of paper from his top drawer, he began to write neatly a copy of what would be sent to the Mainland's government the next morning. It would be a cold day in hell before he allowed such a decision to be processed.

"…veto the final decision of the Mainland and execute Project Zero…" Was what was written in the letter before it was signed 'Isaac Crane'.

---------------------------------

There were no more dreams. Since they had vanished from the lives of the people that they had once known, there had been no more dreams. Twelve-year old Kanami Yuta worked at the farm like she always would, and life away from the shorelines was slowly beginning to pick up. Or so…she hoped.

She still lived with Mimori and Asuka (who had finally married his girlfriend, Cammy, earlier this year) in the home outside the wall. But the wall was finally coming down since there was no jurisdiction to prevent it. Deep down, Kanami knew that it was the Alters vs. the Mainland and although many people who had lived in the Lost Ground refused to leave, it was becoming harder to live in an environment with so much prejudice.

Kanami watched as all of her human friends left the Lost Ground and were forced to move to the Mainland.

"Humans and Alter Users can never work together!" She had heard an Alter User say. "No matter where we Alter Users go, we'll never fit in!" And so the war had begun.

No, she knew deep down that life would never be restored to the way it was. In fact, she wasn't sure which time period she had enjoyed better: the time when all they had to worry about was HOLY and how they were going to survive the next day with no food or now, when HOLY no longer existed…but neither did the serenity she once knew.

She turned her head from watching the sky to look at Mimori, now twenty-two, who was reading the newspaper. Kanami lay snuggled in the grass, gazing at the clouds that drifted by.

"What's it say?" Asuka Tachibana asked as he seated himself at the deckchair across from Mimori.

When Cammy and Asuka were married (both now twenty) Mimori thought it best to give them their space and move out. The newlyweds protested strongly against it, reminding her that they all were friends and Kanami was now their most important focus, her being so young and impressionable. Mimori only laughed but decided to stay.

"Huh?" Mimori looked up at him. "Where's Cammy?"

"At work," Asuka laughed. "Where she goes everyday."

"Oh, right," Mimori flushed, embarrassed. "This paper, it's very important today." She trailed the headline with her finger. "The Mainland has decided to stop all activity regarding the Lost Ground."

"What?" Asuka asked, as though he hadn't heard it correctly the first time. "When did they decide something like that!?"

"Yesterday afternoon," Mimori answered. "And that's not all. In response, rebel Alter Users have increased in illegal behavior. They have forcefully thrown over 350 humans from their homes just in the last few days." She sighed as she set down the paper. "We'll be lucky to see someone who ISN'T an Alter User roaming around the street."

"Well how on earth are the rebels supposed to know who is an Alter User and who is not?" Asuka asked crossly.

"They're torturing these poor people," Mimori shook her head. "That's how."

"Can't even trust their own neighbors," Asuka snorted. "What is the Lost Ground coming to?"

"Oh…" Mimori turned the paper for him to see and said almost sarcastically, "But on the lighter side of the news, that same burglar who has been robbing from the Mainland for several years now just struck again."

"Dear Lord, where now?" Asuka averted his eyes to the paper. "…local train station nearby…Oh great! Here we're in the middle of a civilized negotiation with the Mainland and we have rebel Alter Users torturing citizens on one side and then this crazed psychopath robbing train stations on the other. That's it…" Asuka turned away and threw his hands to the sky, defeated. "We're doomed. All of us doomed."

"Now Mr. Tachibana," Mimori started.

"NOT another word, Miss Kiryu," Asuka held his hand out to silence her. "I must rest my tormented ears before I find out that the world is coming to an end."

And then he walked back inside.

Mimori laughed and stood up. What would become of the Lost Ground now? Now that Ryuho and Kazuma were nowhere in sight, only heard about from the tales of the rebel Alters. Now that the wall had been completely torn down and the organizations of HOLD and HOLY were decimated. Even now, the police had no order in the courts. And if the Mainland pulled out of the Lost Ground now, what would happen to everyone living here?

No, the least of their problems was indeed a burglar who decided to rob from the Mainland and everything else that was attainable.

But then again, they had never met Raviel.

---------------------------------

Short, sweet, and to the point. If I find that anyone is reading this story, I'll continue. More introductions next chapter as well as some insights on what has happened to our two heroes.

Ya. Probably a corny start (so much as I am aware) but hey, I tried. If anyone even bothers to read this, please let me know what you think (Flames are mean but constructive criticism is nice). Suggestions and ideas are welcome too. After all, we DO need more s.CRY.ed stories.

(People were probably out of character and the Lost Ground is probably acting up too much for their own good but who cares!? It's a 'what if' story! Bwhahaha!)

Kat