S-CRY-ed Fan Fiction ❯ Whisper ❯ Whisper ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own s-CRY-ed or any of the characters and Evanescence owns the song “Whisper”.
 
Authors Note: Please Leave Comments: Flames: Advice: Ideas; whatever your intellect can think of.
 
“Whisper”
 
Small crystals cascade from the sky and one gently lands in my open palm, melting like my heart when I look deep into your burning, crimson eyes. The atmosphere around me is cold and bitter like your heartless demeanor. It seems it has become impossible for me to tear apart those walls to your merciless facade. Now, there is nothing left of the snowflake in my hand but a puddle of the past. What once was will never be again. I have learned that from you. I'm finally giving up. I can be cold, heartless, and conceited too.
Catch me as I fall
Say you're here and it's all over now
Speaking to the atmosphere
No one's here and I fall into myself....
“Minori?” A voice calls for me. I'm not bothered, to even correct his mistake. I turn on my heels and I am greeted by a cheerful, grinning man. Cougar. “You must be freezing.” He slips off his Holy jacket and places it upon my trembling form. “Thank you.” I looked up into his eyes in a thoughtful manner. “What are you doing out here?” His voice is full of concern. “I take pleasure in the beautiful scenery. The Lost Ground looks like a piece of heaven when it snows.” I was now leaning on the railing to my balcony, looking over the city's walls towards the wasteland. The wasteland becomes a figment of beauty when a sheet of snow is lying upon it. “Let's go back inside now.” His eyes plead with mine. I want to stay out here longer even if I freeze to death, I don't care anymore. I'm giving up.
This truth drives me into madness
I know I can stop the pain if I will it all away.
He walks over and tugs on my sleeve, turning me around and forcing me to gaze up at him. I surrendered to his distraught expression. He truly worries about my well-being. To bad I can't return his feelings. He takes my hand and leads me back inside my apartment. “What's wrong, Mimori? I'm worried about you.” He asks, so gently. I smirked; he managed to get my name right for once. I took a seat on my couch; he followed and sat next to me, waiting patiently for an answer. “I've been sick.” I lied but it was only half of a lie, maybe I was sick now.
Don't turn away
Don't give in to the pain
Don't try to hide
Though they're screaming your name…
“You haven't come out of your room for four days now. You should see a doctor.” He laid his hand across my forehead. “You don't have a fever. Are you sure you're alright?” His hand retreated back down to his lap. I only nodded, I wished not to speak. “Everyone's been worrying about you.” He reinsured. Everyone but Ryuho, he wouldn't even care if I fell off the face of the earth. “I would like to be alone now.” He leaned towards me and placed a kiss on my forehead. “Alright, but if you need anything, you know where to find me.” He gave me a reinsuring pat on the back before standing up.
Don't close your eyes
God knows what lies behind them
Don't turn out the light
Never sleep
Never die.
“Wait!” I grabbed his wrist, standing up I took off his jacket. “Don't forget this.” I handed it to him. He smiled. “Thanks, I almost forgot.” “Oh Cougar, one more thing.” I put my hands on the back of my neck, searching for the clip that held the crystal around my neck. I found it. The heavy necklace fell into the palm of my open hands. “I want you to have this.” I told him, holding it up for him to take. He only stared, speechless, at it. “I've always wandered what that was.” He finally broke the silence. “A good friend once gave this to me and now I wish to give it to you. You have been the closest thing to a friend I've had in a long time Cougar.” I explained. His smile grew wider. “Thank you for loving me, even if I could never love you back, thank you for being there when I needed someone by my side, and thank you so much for being my best friend.” I stood on my toes and returned his kiss from before, but this time on his lips. He stiffened at first but then relaxed and deepened the kiss. No, I did not love him, but he deserved this much from me. Before my heart turns black. I'm finally giving up
I'm frightened by what I see
But somehow I know that there's much more to come…
He left me alone like I had asked, taking the necklace which used to have so much meaning to me, with him.
Immobilized by my fear
And soon to be blinded by tears
I can stop the pain if I will it all away.
I was crying now, tears rolling down my face like a waterfall. “Why can't you love me, Ryuho? Why?” For four days I thought about him, the way he was now, and the things he said. Was he right? Should I forget about the past? My feelings for him? My love for him?
Don't turn away
I already turned.
Don't give in to the pain
I can't escape it.
Don't try to hide
I'm hidden.
Though they're screaming you name…
I was giving into the pain, my heart was broken, and I was broken. He killed me inside with his bitter words. The love I had is destroyed, no more will I love nor will I have the will to live. My benevolence for the world and its people was gone. I hate him. I hate myself for loving him. I'm finally giving up
Don't close your eyes
I closed my eyes.
God knows what lies behind them
God knows nothing of my pain.
Don't turn out the light
It's already dark.
Never sleep
I wish to sleep
Never Die.
I wish to die.
I went to my closet, scanning the contents I pulled out a white silk dress. “Perfect.” I mused out loud. I changed into the white garment, did my hair, my nails, and managed to put on makeup although I was crying the whole time. The mascara had smeared and ran a little but I did not care. I looked ideal for the occasion.
I sat at my desk with a piece of paper and a pen, trying to figure out how I would write this all out for my parents. Why I had left them and why I would do it again. How my dreams were shattered and I can't pull my self up again. Why I choose to leave like this. When I finished, I placed it into an envelope and stamped it with a special seal. I sat it on top of the kitchen table so it wouldn't be missed by those who entered my room first. I had written “To the parents of Mimori Kiryu.” on it.
I was now digging through the secret department in my dresser. “Aw, there you are!” I pulled out a well designed dagger. There was a cobra head on the top and crimson diamonds lay in its eyes. They were red like his eyes. He could have been a cobra, he reminded me of one. The blade was razor-sharp, never has it been used before, until today. A familiar tune was running through my head, the same one I heard on the radio three days ago. I started to hum the melody and then I broke out into song. “I can stop the pain if I will it all away. I'm finally giving up.
I went back outside and stood in the middle of the balcony. The frigid breeze hit my face as the snow fell heavier. I held the dagger above my head with both hands tightly around the handle. I started to shake, I was still crying, but I held my posture. Why should I stop now? What else do I have to live for? I forced the dagger down, deep into my chest. I missed my heart. The pain shot through my body, I feel to the floor. A painful scream escaped me before I could stop it. Now I would suffer more. I wanted it to be quick; I can't believe I missed my heart. Maybe I didn't have one anymore, but that would be impossible. The pain was now excruciating, blood streamed down over my white gown, my arms, and my legs. Now I would bleed crimson, red, blood. I would bleed to death. I started to feel lightheaded.
Fallen angels at my feet
My eyes were closed but I could hear his voice calling my name. “Ryuho?” I called out. I heard the door to my balcony open. Then there was the loud gasp of shock followed by his shaky voice. “M…Mimori…what happened here?
Whispered voices at my ear
I was so weak, I couldn't move. I felt him lift up my head and place me in his lap. “Someone help, help!” He called out. I knew there was no point, I was already gone. Why did he care? I'm finally giving up just like he wanted.
Death before my eyes
Breathing became harder, everything became darker, and I could barely hear now. I gave up.
Lying next to me I fear
I felt a warm liquid hit my pale face. He was crying.
She beckons me shall I give in
Soon my last breath escaped me and I feel limp in his arms.
Upon my end shall I begin
I heard them running into her room. They were too late. Damn them for being so late. I lifted her face up to mine. “Why did you do this?” I whispered. “Why Mimori?” I knew why, it was me. I was so cold, I pushed her away. I loved her and yet I shoved her aside and hid my feelings from her. What have I done? I broke her heart. I killed her.
Forsaking all I've fallen for I rise to meet the end.
I pried the dagger from her dead fingers. Bracing the dagger above my head, I thrust it in my chest, only to hear the gasp from those who are now entering the balcony. “Ryuho!” I heard them call as I fell on top of the one I had loved and killed. My last breath escaped me. “I'm coming Mimori.” Those last words fell from my lips.
In a whisper.
 
Authors Note: Yes, this was sad, and depressing. I got bored so this popped into my head one day. If it does not make sense please tell me. Please Leave Comments: Flames: Advice: Ideas; whatever your intellect can think of.