Sage Frontier Fan Fiction ❯ A Tale of two Fakes! ❯ Cross-Dressing and Cross Examinations ( Chapter 27 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER: I don't own SaGa Frontier. SquareSoft does, and they swear not all the Mystics are gay. I swear, they most certainly are.
 
It'd taken but a minute to change from being a cop to being a waitress working in Baccarat, but it felt like an eternity passed before Rouge accepted his new look as he stared in the mirror the bartender had provided him. He asked his new friend for help, and though the bartender was getting ready for Happy hour, he agreed once he saw Rouge was working with IRPO. And now, Rouge regretted ignoring his twin. He stood in the back of the bar, complete in waitress drag, his face as red as the tomato on the counter.
 
“I look stupid,” he growled, shoving the bunny ears onto his head, “I look so damn stupid! Why the hell did I do this!?”
 
“Wasn't it so you could show that brother of yours you're responsible?” the bartender asked, looking back over the counter, “You said he didn't think you could handle this, right?” Rouge simply grunted unhappily. That was true, and though he was still angry at Blue for calling him irresponsible, he now sourly wished he stayed with his twin instead of doing this. This was insulting.
 
“Well, yeah, but this is stupid!” Rouge exclaimed, scowling, “Why should I dress as a woman just to gain access to the upper floor!? I'm a police cop, for crying out loud!”
 
“Well, the Mystic up there doesn't like men, so you just have to deal, mate,” the bartender said, and whistled when Rouge stepped out, “Wow, you sure look convincing, mate. Are you ready?” Rouge looked at the belt he tied around his waist. Two guns barely stuck out of them, and he was glad he found a way to hide them beneath his new clothes. If he found trouble, he wanted to know he had a weapon right there in case he truly needed it.
 
“AGUNI MBX36 in one hand… Lethal Gun in the other…” Rouge went over carefully, “I have a shitload of magic, and a few Magi-Waters just in case. I think I'm good to go.” He nodded at the bartender, who gave him the thumbs-up as he passed someone at the bar a drink.
 
“Good luck up there, mate,” he said, “Try not to kill anything.” Rouge nodded again, and then was off. He could hear his heartbeat quicken as he made his way to the stairs, and along the way, one of the other waitresses gave him an odd stare as he passed her. When she saw his IRPO badge, she nodded and let him continue onwards. He climbed the stairs, listening intently as he did so. He could hear voices coming from the office upstairs, and he stopped, crouching to listen without being seen.
 
“We can't help that our girls don't like you, friend,” came a surprisingly deep voice, and Rouge wasn't sure if it was Gnome or Mystic speaking, “But we can't have you scaring our workers away like this.”
 
“Then I may need to pull back my support,” that voice belonged to… Orlouge!? Why was Orlouge here? Rouge's brow raised in worry as he continued to listen, “Besides, they are misinterpreting my request. I want them to come with me so I can ask their opinions on a new part of Rootville I'm trying to build. It's a recreational facility for humans who wind up in my world, but it's being run by women. I need a human's opinion, preferably female.” Rouge snorted. He highly doubted that was what Orlouge was actually trying to do, and he was sure the gnomes weren't buying it, either.
 
“N-no! You can't pull back your support, Mystic!” another gnome cried, this one's voice being high and squeaky, “Baccarat will be taken away if we don't have the money! We can't allow that!”
 
“I'm aware of human affairs,” Orlouge said calmly, “And I agree, but I need to think carefully of where my money goes. My world requires my attention, gnomes. And if your women can't help me, I can't see the point in supporting a place that opposes me so violently.” Rouge sighed, not sure if he should believe Orlouge or not. The man was honest, at least, but Rouge knew about his obsession with women.
 
“We can't let you scare them all off!” said a third gnome, angrily, “We're losing money because they're quitting! And it's your fault!” Rouge heard a chair moving back quickly, and began to worry that Orlouge might actually resort to violence. He himself never struck a human, but if he had Ildon or Ciato with him, the gnomes were as good as dead. Rouge couldn't let that happen.
 
“My fault?” Orlouge asked calmly, “My dearest friends, let me assure…!?” At that moment, Orlouge was cut off as Rouge burst right into the room, brandishing his two guns. But, as he rushed in, he saw with utter dismay that Ciato was indeed with Orlouge. And, he was grinning at Rouge.
 
“You're the very picture of beauty,” he said seductively, his grin widening. Rouge froze, his eye twitching. He had a feeling Ciato knew it was him, but just in case, he decided to point out that he was male.
 
“I'm a cop, moron. I'm undercover to see what the hell is going on here!” Rouge exclaimed, and pointed a threatening finger when Ciato's grin simply grew again, “I'll arrest you for sexual harassment if you don't stop grinning at me, too!” Ciato snorted, and finally looked away, shaking his head. Orlouge simply blinked, not sure what to make of the situation, and it was clear the gnomes themselves were terrified of Rouge. They were all shivering profusely.
 
“I'd love to see you try,” Ciato said smugly, “Anyway, I'm just teasing you. So either get to the point of interrupting Lord Orlouge, or get out.” Rouge growled. He knew now why Ildon hated Ciato so much; aside from being a stalker, Ciato was also an asshole when he wanted to be. And, from Rouge's past experiences with the Mystic, he almost always wanted to be. Rouge set his gun down slowly, but his gaze never left the Mystics.
 
“I was sent here with my brother and boss because we were told there's a strike going on,” Rouge explained warily, glancing from both Mystics to the gnomes, “We were told it was getting violent, so I came to investigate while my brother is planning out our next move.”
 
“I was wondering where Blue was,” Orlouge commented, stroking his chin calmly, “But you are mistaken, my dear friend. The only violence here is when the woman I happen to be interrogating is a mage and uses a spell on me. And, I'm quite glad you explained yourself or I'd be asking you to fly to Rootville to help me.” Rouge's eyes narrowed. He barely remembered much of Rootville from when he was in Fascinaturu, but if it was anything like the chateau Orlouge lived in, it would be dark and creepy. He didn't want to go there, and he didn't blame the workers for not wanting to, either.
 
“Maybe it's the way you're asking them, then,” Rouge suggested, and when Orlouge gave him a puzzled look, he continued, “If you simply say `will you come to my kingdom with me,' they're going to be irked out.” Orlouge blinked, and glanced at Ciato, who simply shrugged in disinterest. Mystics were always direct with their needs, but perhaps Rouge had a point. He returned his look to the magician.
 
“Then what do I say?” Orlouge asked, “Normally, I am quite charming, but the humans seem to be losing their weakness to me. I haven't the skill, I suppose.” Rouge's eyes widened in slight worry. He didn't like Orlouge, but he knew what the man was: The Charm Lord. How could he not find a way to speak to a person without attracting them… or angering them? But, Rouge wanted to be nice. He decided to help the poor man out, even though Blue said his people skills needed work. What did Blue know, anyway?
 
“Well… maybe if you explained your situation first?” Rouge offered, still slightly concerned, “How about this: `I'm working on expanding my city, but most of the services are generally run by women. As such, I need to figure out what to build to help accommodate my female employees. Will you by interested in heading to Fascinaturu with me and give me an opinion? It will help me tremendously, and I will gladly pay for the flight.” Ciato's eyes narrowed in a sneer; obviously, he didn't like that idea very much. But Orlouge was considering it. The gnomes seemed relaxed by what Rouge suggested, and finally, Orlouge nodded.
 
“Yes,” he said, and smiled, “Yes, that sound quite good. I will try that, but I'm afraid I'm scaring everyone away… What can I do?” Rouge hummed, looking down. That was a decent reason to be concerned. But, one of the gnomes seemed willing to help.
 
“It's all right. Avalyn might be able to come up, if she's not working reception downstairs in the hotel,” the gnome said, and soon called the girl in question up. Orlouge waited patiently, and when the woman finally entered, Rouge could tell the Mystic was getting nervous. Obviously, he realized he wasn't nearly as charming to humans as he was to Mystics. Rouge patted his back as the woman sat down.
 
“What is it?” she asked, “I have two cops downstairs who are asking me where their friend is.” Rouge's skin paled, and Ciato snorted with laughter. It was obvious Blue had caught onto Rouge's antics. He glanced at Orlouge, who cleared his throat.
 
“I'll make it quick so you can go back. As the owner of Fascinaturu, I'm trying to build a recreational center so that if humans wind up in my world, they have a place to stay,” Orlouge began, and to his surprise, the woman actually seemed interested, “The problem is, it will be primarily run by Mystic women. I need help to figure out what is needed to accommodate both my employees and my guests, and I was hoping human women would be able to do that. If you're interested, I would happily pay for the flight down there.” Rouge silently crossed his fingers, looking at the woman. She seemed skeptical, and her next question seemed to shatter Orlouge's hopes.
 
“Aren't you that womanizing Mystic we keep hearing about?” she asked, and Orlouge's skin paled miserably. He had just been shot down… or so he thought, as he tried to fix his problem.
 
“I… I was… but I see that I was wrong for what I did,” Orlouge said apologetically, “This is strictly to help my employees. I assure you on my life that if anything improper passes, if you decide this, I will throw myself off the bridge to hell.” Rouge winced. That seemed a little overkill, but the look on the woman's face told him it actually worked. She smiled.
 
“I'm not sure what to say, but you seem pretty honest about this,” she replied, “I'll sign myself up. I'll even make some calls and tell some of the girls about what's really going on.” Rouge glanced at Orlouge, and his eyes brightened. Either this was a ploy, or he was just happy that something was actually working out for him.
 
“Thank you!” he exclaimed, “It would be a pleasure. I leave in two days, though, so it's imperative that you and anyone else who wishes to go be ready by then. Is that suitable?” The woman nodded.
 
“Knowing our girls, they'll be ready in ten minutes,” she replied, “Mr. Orlouge, I'm sorry that we judged you so harshly. I'll be sure to explain your situation. I know some of them would be interested to see the Mystic world.” Orlouge smiled, genuinely pleased, and shook the woman's hand as they all stood up.
 
“It will be a pleasure to work with you all,” he told her, and Rouge snorted. A pleasure indeed, if Orlouge was still up to his old tricks. But, when he turned to Ciato, Rouge had no sense of plot in the man as he said, “Come, Ciato. We'll need to tell Ildon we have some guests who will be joining us on the flight back. Hopefully, the hotel won't be booked, correct?”
 
“Unless Zozma decided to throw a party, it'll be empty,” Ciato said grimly, and turned to Rouge, “Well, my darling, it was nice seeing you again. If you want to come and help us, feel free.” He blew Rouge another mocking kiss, and Rouge screamed bloody murder as Orlouge, the woman, and Ciato himself walked out. How dare that little monster mock him!
 
“Go to hell, bat boy!” Rouge yelled, but Ciato merely laughed as he and Orlouge walked down the stairs toward the elevator. Then, he remembered that Blue was still looking for him. Blushing in embarrassment, he turned to leave… until something small grabbed his arms. He turned and looked down to see an elderly gnome holding onto him, his red beard shaking as he tried to speak.
 
“Wait, officer,” he croaked, his voice much older than the others, “We have another problem that we didn't wish for Orlouge to know.” Rouge knelt down to see him better.
 
“What is it?” he asked, silently cursing as he had to keep adjusting his costume so it didn't fall off. The elder gnome seemed to hesitate, and then looked down sadly at the carpet.
 
“See, some of our funds are being pilfered, but we do not know why,” he explained, “Nor do we know who's done it. There are no clues, nothing to help us. That's why we actually called you here.” Rouge frowned. So this was a theft issue. His immediate thought went to Orlouge, but when he suggested it, the gnome shook his head and said, “No, it wasn't Orlouge. He wouldn't do this to us. It is someone in Baccarat. We can smell the missing gold, but we do not know where it's coming from.”
 
“Do you have anyone you suspect implicitly?” Rouge asked, trying his best to be professional. But, in all honesty, this was his first time interrogating anyone without Blue to correct him if he needed it. The gnome shook his head again.
 
“We do not,” he told Rouge regretfully, “We don't know why anyone would do this, but this is why we needed Orlouge. Our funds are being drained, and we can't figure out why.” Rouge hummed. Something smelled wrong in this scenario. He trusted this gnome; the old man seemed genuinely upset, and he wasn't lying, either. But how could their fortunes go missing from under their noses? Rouge had no idea about how gnomes worked or what magic they possessed, but he knew Blue would have an idea. He finally stood up, looking down at the dwarves.
 
“I'll talk to my brother on this and see what he thinks,” he told them firmly, “He'll probably see something I'm missing. If we find something, I'll tell you.” The gnome nodded, and smiled warmly at Rouge. He could barely see the gnome's yellowing teeth beneath the red beard, but he knew the smile was genuine as well.
 
“Thank you, kind human,” he replied, “Few have helped us with this problem. We trust that you'll find something.” Rouge nodded, and then left the office. In all honesty, he had no idea where he should even start his search, but he figured he at least had to tell Blue what was going on. He ran down the stairs and toward the elevator, slamming the button impatiently. But, when the doors opened, he gasped as he saw Blue in the elevator. Likewise, Blue stared in absolute horror at what Rouge was currently wearing.
 
“…what the hell are you doing here!?” they both asked in unison, both unable to believe the other was actually there. Blue was the first to answer.
 
“I came here to drag you back to our room before you did anything cataclysmically stupid,” Blue replied shortly, eyes narrowing flatly, “Why are you in a cocktail outfit?” Rouge blushed, and climbed into the elevator as Blue selected a lower level to get to. The elevator slowly rumbled downward.
 
“I was undercover to see what the deal behind the docked wages was,” Rouge replied calmly, as soft music began to play behind them, “It turns out it's not a strike. Orlouge was trying to get women to head to Fascinaturu with him.”
 
“Oh god…” Blue moaned miserably, shaking his head. Rouge snorted. He didn't blame Blue for jumping to that conclusion, but when he explained the truth, Blue simply raised an amused brow, as though he didn't believe a word of it, “He's looking for opinions? On what? What wine gets them the most drunk?” Rouge grinned. Normally, he was the one with the sarcastic remarks. Obviously, Blue was having a crappy time here, and it showed. Rouge shook his head.
 
“No, something about accommodating his staff,” Rouge explained, “I'm not sure, but he managed to convince one woman, and she's going to explain the actual situation.” Blue nodded.
 
“Does that mean we can go home now?” he asked, and Rouge actually laughed at him. To Blue's dismay, Rouge shook his head, taking off the bunny ears he was wearing. The elevator doors swung open, leading into the dim hall of the hotel branch of Baccarat, and both brothers stepped off.
 
“Unfortunately, bro, we have another problem,” Rouge told him grimly, and Blue glanced at him, “The only reason the gnomes asked for Orlouge's help at all is because someone is stealing the funds right from under them. They don't even know who's doing it, but they know it's someone.” Blue's eyes narrowed again as they came to their door, and he took out the key needed to get inside. Already, they could hear Fuse's snores, but they ignored them.
 
“Let me guess: We're going to figure out who's doing it for them,” Blue guessed, and when Rouge shook his head, he asked, “And who did you put in charge of this?” Rouge's skin paled, and Blue pretty much knew his answer before Rouge even gave it.
 
“…you,” Rouge whispered, and Blue sighed as he opened the door. They walked into the dark room, careful not to trip on anything, lest they woke Fuse up. They needed peace in order to think, and Fuse just wasn't good at giving them that. Blue sat down in a chair and pulled his laptop over. He logged onto the internet to see if they could get any clues from Moogle.
 
“Rouge, you know gnomes aren't my specialty,” Blue stated firmly, reading something on screen, “I wouldn't know who or what is doing this, and you really should have waited for me before agreeing to this.”
 
“I know! I know!” Rouge exclaimed, getting into a set of robes he brought with him, “Blue, I couldn't just say no to them. They seemed so desperate, and it's our job to help them!” Blue sighed again. He knew that, but how was he supposed to figure out what was going on? Rouge finished dressing himself, and walked over, looking at whatever Blue was reading as he asked, “What are you doing?”
 
“Trying to get some idea as to where we can start,” Blue replied, frowning, “I don't think the gnomes want the other worlds to know they're in trouble. Each story says something different. They've had multiple detectives coming to ask what happened, and they always gave different answers.” Rouge frowned as well. That would make their search harder, because any one of the stories could've been the truth.
 
“Why would they do that?” he asked, sitting across from Blue. Blue read the rest of his current article, and then shrugged, looking up at Rouge critically. Both seemed to sense the other's worry for what was happening, and Blue looked back at the computer screen. He clicked another link, but again, had no idea if the story he was looking at was the truth.
 
“Shame, maybe?” Blue suggested calmly, “Perhaps they're worried it'd destroy their business. Either way, something's going on, and now we need to solve it. Did they say anything important about the problem?” Rouge recalled the short conversation concerning the matter, slowly nodded his head.
 
“Yes, they did,” he replied, “They said they think someone in Baccarat is behind it, and they can smell the gold. They just don't know where it is.” Blue nodded, thinking on that carefully. That narrowed down their search a little bit, but they still needed to know where to start. Chances are, it wasn't on the upper floors. The gnomes would've been able to find it. It had to be in the basement, or… in the sewers. Blue sighed. He really didn't want to go down there.
 
“We need access to the lower floors before we go plunging into the sewers,” he stated, and Rouge nodded, fully sharing the want to never see a sewer again, “Is there anyone who could help us out?” Rouge nodded quickly at that. He stood up, and walked to the door, with Blue raising a confused brow. Rouge simply waved at Blue to follow him.
 
“I know a guy who'd help us,” he said, “Come on.”
 
“What about Fuse?” Blue asked, as they both stepped out. Rouge snorted, closing the door behind them as they walked down the hall, back toward the elevator.
 
“What about him? Knowing him, he'll bitch about something that happened twenty years ago,” Rouge replied, “We need to help these people and we can't waste time listening to his stories. Come on. My friend should still be working.” Blue blinked, wondering what Rouge was talking about as they both climbed back into the elevator. Rouge pressed a button, and as it rumbled upwards, both twins remained silent, both lost in their thoughts about their case. Blue was wondering what knowledge he had that could help them narrow down the suspect list, if any, and Rouge was hoping the bartender from before was still working, or would at least be free enough to help them if he was. Within a short minute, the elevator stopped, and both twins stepped out into the quiet, dim bar room. Rouge looked around, and saw that nearly no one was around despite the bartender saying it was near Happy hour.
 
“Wow, this isn't what I expected to see,” Rouge stated, raising a confused brow as he led Blue through the maze of tables and chairs. There were only a few customers, and they all eyed Blue nervously as he passed, obviously worrying because of his IRPO uniform. Blue ignored them; there was nothing wrong with drinking unless it ended in violence. He followed Rouge until they reached the bar, but the bartender wasn't there. Blinking, and slightly dismayed, Rouge sat down in a stool as Blue leaned against the counter, looking around.
 
“Where's this friend of yours?” Blue asked him, “If you brought me to meet a drunkard, we're leaving.”
 
“It's nothing like that, bro,” Rouge replied, frowning as he looked at the empty bar, “He works here. He's the one who helped me find Orlouge. I wonder where he is, though.” He looked into the area behind the bar and called, “Hey, Mike, are you here!?” Blue raised a brow, and then turned to see a man stepping out of the kitchen, wearing a black tux. It was the bartender, and he waved when he saw Rouge. He walked over to the counter.
 
“Hello, mate. I'm guessing your meeting went well, eh?” he asked. Rouge nodded as Blue watched in utter confusion. Obviously, something happened that he wasn't aware of.
 
“It went as good as it could've been,” Rouge replied, and then became grim as he leaned forward, “But we have a new problem. Someone's been stealing funds from the gnomes. That's why they need Orlouge in the first place. Have you seen anyone coming through with any form of pack or bag? Anything suspicious?” The bartender, Mike, looked up thoughtfully as he took a glass and unconsciously began to polish it. He didn't normally pay too much attention to what happened; his only job was to serve drinks, after all.
 
“Nothing I can recall, but I remember late one night last week, I was trying to close up the bar and I heard rustling somewhere,” the bartender replied, “But nothing was there. I'm not sure what it was, but I didn't report it. I didn't know what I heard, or if it was just in my mind.”
 
“Well, that's a lead, I guess,” Rouge commented, looking back at Blue, who still seemed unable to believe Rouge actually managed to befriend someone while on a mission, “What do you think, bro?” Blue blinked, obviously not expecting to be called on in the conversation.
 
“…I don't think that's enough to work with yet,” Blue replied seriously, crossing his arms, “Where did you hear it, and where is the best place to hide a lot of money? We need locations and places if we're going to solve this.” Rouge nodded, and turned back to the bartender, who poured a glass of whiskey and handed it to another Mystic who was visiting.
 
“The noise? Over near that potted plant, mates,” he replied, pointing to a plant near the elevator, “As to hiding things, there's rumors that Baccarat was built on top of a giant, underground cave. There's an entrance to it in the garage, but I've never gone into the cave before. I can't tell you much more than that, but if anyone here has stuff to hide, that'd probably be the best place for it.” Blue and Rouge glanced at each other. That was probably the best lead they could've asked for at that point, and wasting no time, they headed toward the potted plant that was pointed out. At first, nothing was there, but as Blue sifted the dirt inside of the pot, he pulled out what looked like a key. It was long and silver, with a picture of a fairy on it. He showed it to Rouge.
 
“Does this look like a car key to you?” he asked Rouge, nudging at the possibility that their thief was still here. Rouge nodded and pressed on the elevator.
 
“Let's go,” he said, and they went inside. Within two minutes, they were running through the parking lot, though they had decided to leave Fuse back in the room to nap. There were only three cars in the garage, and they both prayed the key unlocked one of them. Blue stopped at the first car, a red PT Cruiser with a golden bat on it. He slid the key into the lock, but it didn't fit. He looked over at Rouge and shook his head.
 
“No good. It's not a match,” Blue called, as Rouge ran to the car across from it, a white jaguar. Blue threw the key to him and Rouge tried his luck. Again, no fit. That left the last car, and as they both walked over, Rouge slid the key into the lock. It fit perfectly, and the door swung open. Rouge climbed into the car before Blue could even object, and began to muck around with everything inside.
 
“Rouge! Rouge, what the hell are you doing!?” Blue hissed, keeping his voice low in case someone came out. Rouge popped his head back out and grinned.
 
“I'm looking for evidence,” he replied. Blue shook his head.
 
“No, you're messing with a crime scene!” Blue exclaimed, and tugged on Rouge's arm, “Come on. Get out of there! Now!!” Rouge growled, trying to break free, but the two brothers simply struggled until Blue finally managed to pull his twin out of the car, both of them crashing into the pavement as they fell backwards. Rouge scrambled up and glared at Blue, who rubbed his head and winced. Blue managed to hit the pavement very hard, and his head hurt from it.
 
“Why'd you do that!?” Rouge exclaimed, throwing his arms up, “I could've found a bunch of useful clues!”
 
“Breaking and entering is illegal, Rouge,” Blue retorted sternly, frowning, “I will not advocate it, even if Fuse does. So stop this, close the damn car, and let's go before anyone catches us, okay?” Rouge sighed and nodded reluctantly, but as he turned, a sharp hand gripped him on the shoulder, and his eyes widened. He stood face to face with a man dressed entirely in black, his cap obscuring most of his face. Blue stood up, shivering, and he could see Rouge was ready to collapse in shock. The man simply snickered.
 
“It's too bad we caught you,” he said in a dark, gravelly voice, “You two are very bad boys. You know what we do to boys like you?”
 
“Let us go and pretend this didn't happen?” Rouge answered nervously, laughing, but the man smacked him across the face. Blue immediately got his gun and aimed angrily as Rouge fell to the floor.
 
“Hey! You just assaulted a police officer, bastard!” Blue yelled angrily, “That's easily a year of jail time for you.” The man perked an eyebrow, though Blue couldn't see it. Obviously, he didn't fear anything Blue could've done to him, even with a gun pointed to his face.
 
“I don't think that'll be happening,” the man said, grabbing the gun before Blue could shoot. Blue clenched his fists and tried to tackle the man over, but something very heavy slammed into his head, and he fell to the ground much like Rouge had. Two more men had ambushed him from behind, and the first man looked down at the two and said, “Such a pity that two little Magic Kingdom brats are IRPO's best defense. Are the goods still there?” The second man peered into the car, and nodded when he saw that all that had happened was that they unlocked the door.
 
“They didn't take nothin',” the second man replied, “Should we tells the boss?”
 
“We will… after we deal with these two,” the first man said, picking Blue up by the collar as the third took Rouge, “They nearly got us. Have to say, I'm a bit surprised they managed to find our keys. Too bad one of them is a moron and the other can't bring himself to break rules.” He snorted, and then kicked open the entrance underground, as the bartender had explained to Rouge beforehand. The second man watched as the third jumped into the hole, dragging Rouge with him.
 
“Where's we taking them?” he asked, before the first man jumped down himself. The first man grinned.
 
“Somewhere even their stupid boss can't find them,” he replied, “Come on, let's go before they wake up. I don't want to bash them so hard that their brains fly out.” With that, he jumped down the hole with Blue, his partner following shortly after. Wherever they were going, Blue and Rouge had to wake up soon… or they might not wake up at all…
 
-----------------------------(End Chapter)
 
And so, with only half the case solved, how can Blue and Rouge get out of this mess? Sure, the bartender helped them out tremendously, but now they're being helplessly dragged through a place not even Fuse knows about, so what could possibly happen to them now? Will Fuse manage to find them, and can the bartender make a return to help? Who are those mysterious men, and why did they attack out heroes? Who is behind the gold theft, and will they be caught? And, will the two twins manage to live? Find out next chapter, so click that Review button!