Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Bubblegum Crash Fan Fiction ❯ Senshi Sabers ❯ Chapter 9

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Part Nine
 
The explosion lit up the night sky, a fireball rising up against the velvet blackness. "Damn it," Rei scowled, a thought and the tensing of muscles throwing the scarlet armored figure aside, barely avoiding being struck.
 
The Bio-boomer raced by, the artificial organic being blending with the structure of the sleek sports car. It almost looked like it was enjoying itself, raising it's manhgled face to the wind as it streaked down the crowded street.
 
"We need to catch up with that thing," Ami said crisply, her ice blue armor skimming on the ground via her boot jets, "before someone get's hurt."
 
Makoto fell in beside her, "We're not fast enough in just the armor, ma'am!"
 
Above them, using her suit to bound from rooftop to rooftop, Minako kept track of their target. "It's still accellerating," she reported, "probably overrrided the safety features on the car."
 
There was a sound, the squeal of tires and the sleek sportscar came around the corner to catch up with them, the opentop convertable gleaming glossy black. The sandy haired young woman caught up with the Senshi easily, eyes focused on the road even as she barked, "Need a lift?"
 
'Haruka Tenoh?' Rei thought in surprise, recognizing the young woman she had seen at one of her concerts not long ago. "Stay out of this, it's a dangerous situation," she said, hoping the vocal distorters in her armor were enough to disguise her voice.
 
"You shouldn't be here, Tenoh," Ami barked, her voice sounding somewhat stressed.
 
"You aren't going to catch this thing otherwise," Haruka shot back crisply, "now are one of you getting on or not?"
 
There wa a moment they considered, then Makoto used a burst of her bot thrusters to toss her up and down into the passenger seat. "Go," she said crisply and Haruka floored it, leaving Ami, Rei and Minako quickly behind them.
 
"Makoto's been hanging around you too long, Hino," Ami scowled as she tried to speed up.
 
"Hey, I resemble that remark," Rei shot back with a grin.
 
Haruka kept an eye on the slowly growing figure ahead of them, keeping a firm hand on the wheel as she did so. "Do you have a plan once we reach the Bio-boomer?" she asked, swerving to dodge another vehicle.
 
"I'm going to have to jump aboard," Makoto said crisply.
 
"Nice plan," Haruka twisted the wheel to dodge an out of control motorbike. The distance was quickly closing between them and the car, the odd warping of the once sleek car by the Bio-boomer becoming more and more aparent.
 
Makoto slid to her feet, the green armored figure carefully watching the distance as Haruka brought them up alongside. She tensed her body, shifted forward, then leapt even as she activated her boot thrusters once again. With a loud crash she crossed the distance, slamming a arm through the glass of a window to get a grip.
 
The Bio-boomer twisted in it's perch to look down at Makoto, then caught a glance at Haruka. The boyish young woman narrowed her eyes, sparks rising around her, then unnoticed by Makoto a powerful surge of electricity leapt to strike it!
 
Makoto leavered herself up only to blink in surprise at how... disoriented the Bio-boomer looked, almost catatonic. Taking advantage she scrambled up towards the creature, tearing at the artificially engineered organics to wrap her hand around the heart crystal. Clenching her fist she crushed it,. the car suddenly slowing down before coasting to a stop.
 
"Makoto!" Minako caught up in a few moments, the golden armored figure looking her over worriedly, "Are you all right?"
 
Makoto reached out to put her hand on her lovers armored arm, "I'm fine, really."
 
Haruka's sports car had made a u-turn and returned, the sandy haired woman smiling a very self-satisfied smile. Ami seemed almost chillingly stiff as she said, "That was a very foolish thing you just did, young lady."
 
"Seemed like the right thing to do at the time," she answered mildly. Haruka smiled slightly, "Aren't I at least going to get a thank you from the infamous Senshi Sabers?"
 
"I'll say thank you," Makoto said simply, "I don't think our thrusters could make it."
 
"Not bad," Rei admitted with a smile.
 
Haruka started her car, smoothly puling out into traffic. She gave them a wave as she went, "I'll see you again, ladies."
 
As sirens wailed in the distance they took off, returning to the modified Silky Doll van and heading back to base. Rei took her helm off, shaking her head to get sweaty hair away from her face, "You were awfully hard on that kid, Ami."
 
Ami already had her helmet in her lap. her expression remote. "You have no idea how dangerous that girl's involvement was," she answered coldly.
 
Rei couldn't resist the flash of anger, "Maybe I would understand if you'd actually break down and tell us some of the secrets you keep." At Ami's surprised look Rei smiled grimly, "Yes, I know you've been holding things back."
 
"Information is need to know, only," Ami answered crisply as she moved towards the front of the van, leaving Rei behind her while pulling the rest of her armor off. 'She's more perceptive than I gave her credit for,' Ami admitted, 'I'll have to watch for that.'
 
Makoto Kino was comfortable behind the wheel, the brown haired amazon having stripped herself of her armor first so that she could drive. "Hey boss," she nodded as Ami sat beside her.
 
"It was foolish, bringing a civilian into our fight," Ami said crisply.
 
"It was also necessary," Makoto answered calmly, "I didn't see any other way we were going to catch up with that thing."
 
Coldly Ami said, "I had modules in the van to enhance our speed, we could have caught it..."
 
"And how much damage could that thing have gone and done while we were getting equipped?" Makoto challenged Ami. She shook her head, "No, I think that was our best choice, even if you don't want to admit it."
 
Ami sat back in her chair with a sigh. "Hino has deffinately been a bad influence on you," she muttered, "you never gave me this much trouble before now."
 
"Maybe so," Makoto agreed, "but is that really a bad thing?"
 
Ami smiled reluctantly, "Maybe not."
 
Rei kicked her helmet, bouncing it off the wall of the van. "Damn her," she growled out, "condescending stuck up piece of...."
 
"You need to cut down on your caffine," Minako commented, the gorgeous blonde not even looking up from the game she was playing.
 
"It doesn't bother you that Ami's holding information back from us?" Rei waved her arms angrily, eyes flashing.
 
"No," Minako answered simply.
 
"Why?" Rei asked indignantly.
 
Reluctantly Minako put the game aside and looked up at Rei with a smile. "Because," she explained patiently, "while Ami holds certain things back, she also will give us the information we need when we really need it."
 
"You trust her," Rei realized.
 
Minako nodded, "Trust she's earned, Rei. When ever we've needed her Ami has delivered, even when it's cost her badly."
 
Rei sighed softly, still looking more than a bit annoyed. "All right, I'll let it go for now," she scowled, "but I hope she comes clean soon."
 
Minako just smiled. Looking innocent she perkily asked, "And have you gone to see the lovely Officer Tsukino yet?"
 
Rei just growled under her breath.
 
Up front Ami dialed her cellphone, connecting with the Mercury computer sustem back at home. "One message waiting, Ms. Mizuno." it said, "do you wish to play?"
 
"Yes," Ami answered.
 
"Ami Mizuno?" the unfamiliar voice continued, "This is Hotaru Tomoe. I'd like to meet with you at your earliest convenience regarding your mother's work for the Infinity Organization."
 
To be continued....