Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Mist ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Started 12/01/2007 Completed 12/01/2007
Chapter 3
Herb tossed Chi around like it was going out of style and on sale at the flea market. All around him were the smoldering ruins of a once beautiful garden, complete with white sitting stones and a gentle stream. Now all that remained was charred ground and a pool of steaming water.
“Dam you!” he shouted through the air at an unseen person. “Quit with this hiding and show yourself, coward!” A rustle to his left caused Herb to lob a whip of Chi, ripping a deep ravine through the already much-abused ground.
“What did that rock ever do to you?” came the mocking voice a moment before Herb was surrounded by ten ninja with red over black patterns. Even as he watched, trying to discern the real from the false, they ran in circular patterns around Herb, every lap adding another illusion.
“Watch your step,” one remarked an instant before Herb was rudely shoved forward, sliding to land on his butt because of the frozen ground.
“Would you like a hand up?” one of the illusions questioned, extending a hand made of ice so cold that it would make dry-ice warm in comparison.
Herb blasted at the image, sending sharp shards of ice flying in several directions.
“Nice try, Dragon-boy, maybe your father would be able to do better?” another taunted, taking the image of an aged Herb.
Herb spat in anger and lashed out with massive Chi ball, spreading from his body and extending a full mile in all directions. “Who's laughing now, fool?” Herb challenged.
“HAHA!”
“HA!”
“HAHA!”
“HAHAHA!”
“WAHAHAHA!”
Each laugh started from a different direction, meshing together until Herb thought he was going insane. “SHUT UP!” Herb seethed, his chest heaving with pensive anger as he tried to spot his real foe. “I'LL MAKE YOU STOP LAUGHING! THEN I'LL SPIT ON YOUR CARCASS!”
“Now is that any way to speak to your father?” questioned another gray-haired Herb.
Herb sent out thousands of tendrils, each with the destructive capabilities to level mountains. “Who are you, wraith, and why do you haunt me so? What have I ever done to you?” Herb's voice came out soft and feeble like a broken man.
A ninja stepped out from Herb's shadow and stood in front of him. “I am Mist, and I only came here to have a bit of fun. I guess fun-time's over now?”
Herb pulled himself to his feet and regarded the man a dragon's eye for detail. “Ranma?”
Mist's eyes displayed a look of shock. “Wow, you're good, possibly better than me.”
 
Shao Kahn watched disinterested as Mist lead six warriors into the room. “These are your former betrayers and now your most loyal of servants; Goro, prince of the Shokan, Sheeva, one of the Shokan's most skilled fighters, Xenethos, Captain-Commander of the Assault Centaurs, Motaro, a legendary Centaur eclipsed only Xenethos and Baraka, well his head anyway,” Mist gave a short bark of laughter.
Shao Kahn turned his back to Mist, not the least bit worried about his heir's allegiance. “And what news have you of Kitana's intervention?”
Mist set a hand within his robe and fished around for some unknown object. “Funny thing that…”
 
 
LWH (laarcae@laarcae.com)