Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Mist ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Started 12/01/2007 Completed 12/01/2007
Chapter 5
For the first time in his career, Mist struck his foe with no warning; though to be fair it was attributed to his mind pondering the element he lacked. He had slipped into the room, hidden within the shadows as his instincts encouraged him. He formed three Ice spikes, two gunpowder balls and a flaming orb. He sent the spikes into Liu Kang's legs, pinning him to in place, the two gunpowder balls coated his entire torso and the Fire ignited the Earth.
The blast brought Mist back to reality and he took stock of what he had just done. As Liu Kang lay drowning in a pool of his own blood, Mist turned to face him. “I'm sorry, I was gonna play a game with you first.” Mist took a few moments to heal Liu Kang of his death injuries. “If you can tell me the answer to this riddle, I might let you live,” Mist stated; there was very little chance of him allowing the man to live, unless he somehow lucked out.
Liu Kang patted himself, seeing the blood soaking his clothing to his body, yet no wounds remained. He dam-well planned to live to see another day. He dropped into an aggressive stance, as he knew for a fact that any ninja coming from the Shadows was an enemy.
“I exist between the beginning and the end, yet I can not be touched. All is affected by power, yet none have tamed me. What am I?
“Who are you, and what do you want from me?” Liu Kang demanded, he thought he knew what the answer was, but he didn't want to take the chance of being taken by surprise and killed again; his last death had been… disturbing.
“I am Mist, the greatest ninja in the six realms, and I want you to solve my quandary.”
Liu Kang was completely taken aback as none of his previous ninja opponents were this talkative. “I thought ninja don't speak or spoke only when necessary?”
Mist shrugged his shoulders and feigned disinterest. “If I didn't ask questions, how would I gain answers? With no answers how would I gain my sense of balance?”
Liu Kang had no choice but to concede the point. “Too late,” Mist warned…
 
In a plane of existence as unique to the mortal plane as the realms are one another, two beings could be made out, watching the many people within the universe. Both looked to be Chinese Dragons, near exact replicas of the Mortal Kombat symbol. Three more Elder gods entered the chamber and gazed into the universe.
Though they had been directly responsible for the division of One Being, even they were not aware of all of the many realms it was divided into. They instead chose to focus on the one's containing the Kamedogu and the Ancient Amulet, and that was what brought a certain new factor to their attention.
“I grow worried, the Human was not supposed to take a part in the tournament.” A Chinese dragon grumbled to its associates.
“Why do you fear a Human child? We have overcome the One Being in the beginning, what is a mere boy in comparison?”
“I still think we should watch the boy's machinations.”
“If you continue worrying over Mortals' affairs we won't mind placing you in Earthrealm as one yourself.”
“Fine, that will be the last I say of the Mortal boy.”
 
Shao Kahn stroked the loch of Kitana's hair. It had been a blood soaked mess when Mist brought it to him, showing his loyalty to by slaying his own wife. It wasn't something that Shao Kahn would be able to do, but at least he knew Mist took his priorities seriously. “Perhaps, too seriously...”
“You summoned me, My Lord?” Mist inquired, kneeling before Shao Kahn.
Said lord fought the urge to clutch his chest in shock. `How long have you been there?' he pondered internally. “I did, I need for you to kill Shang Tsung and Quan Chi.”
“Shang Tsung? I thought he was loyal to you?” Mist pondered quietly, his voice not even a whisper. “As you command, My Lord,” With that, Mist melted into his own shadow and was gone.
Seeing Mist had already taken his leave, Shao Kahn to a moment to do something he had never tried before, gloating. “With those two gone, I won't have any one left to stand in my way of becoming all-powerful!”
 
 
LWH (laarcae@laarcae.com)