Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Mist ❯ Chapter 16 ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Started 12/04/2007 Completed 12/04/2007
Chapter 16
“Wait, you forgot to mention Usagi,” Makoto corrected as Setsunna completed her tale of Ranma's disappearance.
All the girls noticed Setsunna turn slightly pale, “No I didn't,” the green-haired Senshi replied adamantly. The last thing she needed was for the girls to lean the truth of Usagi's role.
Usagi sniffled a few times. “Yes you did, you said everyone but me!” It just wasn't fair, all her friends got to be in the story; but she was left out.
Rei tapped her lips in thought. “You mentioned a Sailor Earth in your story, is she still around?”
The Guardian of Pluto was losing color like a chameleon. “Sailor Earth was.. Usagi's… Mother?” She really should not have reflected on the memories she had of Ranma. Things were coming along too soon.
“My mother was Sailor Earth? Well, why wasn't she reborn?” Usagi demanded. If the others were, surely her mother was supposed to be, too! Right?
Setsunna felt she had been doing the most thinking now, then she had when Bulma gave them all a crash course on every kind of technology she could come up with. `Who would have guessed that her inventions would have shaped the world we now live in?' Setsunna thought with a note of nostalgia. “Usagi, Queen Serenity hadn't used the powers given to Sailor Earth since ascending to the role of Queen. She ruled for over a million years; her last life was the longest she had been able to experience.” `Hopefully that sates the brat!'
 
Rei looked around the room of assembled Senshi, wondering what it was that they expected her to do. “I'll tell you again,” she began, her voice strained from reciting her speech countless times. “I don't know Ranma, and the Sacred Flame won't tell me anything about him. I've been trying since yesterday evening, when I got home from our missed show.”
Uranus and Venus sighed in unison and shared an awkward glance. “That was weird,” Venus remarked.
Uranus nodded, feeling uncomfortable, as she was about to say that too. “It must have a coincidence. I'm sure Setsunna was just telling you girls that to mess with your head.”
“Why would she want to mess with our heads?” Usagi asked, checking her dome to be certain it was still in tact.
“Haruka took a moment to compose herself. This wasn't the first time she wondered how the ditz was destined to be their future Queen. “I don't know,” she shrugged. “She doesn't have anything left to do, so she probably decided to play a few pranks on people that wouldn't turn around and cause trouble with it?” Her reasoning was weak, even she was willing to admit it, but there was no way she had ever liked a man.
“I've got it!” Makoto exclaimed, raising a finger to the air. When all eyes fixed on her, she blushed a light red. “Sorry, I just had this annoying splinter head in my finger all day…”
With the excitement over the others retreated to their homes, having come up with no leads.
 
As Haruka slept, she dreamed. Now this in and of itself is not at all a noteworthy phenomenon, but the contents, however, of the dream were. This dream was not the average dream a young woman would entertain.
Haruka dreamt of a time so far in the past that all records were kept in the memories of those that lived it. A time when `magic' was technology; and technology was advanced. “How far?” you may ask. Well, in the memory, she saw her close friend and confidant, Michiru, land her Galaxy Cruiser (think of a town car that `flies') in the driveway.
The young woman with aquamarine hair released the airlock and stepped free of her vehicle. With the depression of a button and a puff of rushing air, the two-ton vehicle was now no more than a quarter-gram capsule with a lick button on top and the number 234 on its yellow striped body.
The young woman moved her mouth in imitation of speech, but Haruka was unable to hear anything her friend said; yet her body s reacting as if she had. Haruka began to bounce up and down, tossing her arms in the air and grabbed her companion in a fierce hug…
Haruka awoke abruptly when her bedding partner shoved her away with a pointed elbow. “What were you so excited about in that dream of yours?” Michiru inquired, lifting an elegant eyebrow as she was finally released from the bearhug.
`Why was I so excited,' Haruka pondered. For the life of her, she could not recall the dream, only that she wasn't able to hear anything in it; and that was only vague.
 
`If I hadn't been forced to awaken your powers early, you would have regained your full memories at the age you were when Ranma originally gifted us with these abilities.' Setsunna thought with a sense of internal torment.
It hadn't been the girls' fault for what had happened, but they were being punished none-the-less. Not for the first time, Setsuna wished Ranma were around. If he had been there when the Elder gods struck them, using Beryl, the female Heir to Earth, and the four Guardian Knights (Jadeite, Nephrite, Kunzite and Zoisite) of the Earth's male Heir Endymion.
It wasn't until she was the last one left and had finished cryo-preserving the two Moon cats that she was able to discover the identity of their attacker, the self-proclaimed, Queen Metalia.
Pluto flared her Timestaff (a polearm shaped like a skeleton key) and vanished to the location of the Gates of Time and Space. She couldn't do anything to help the awakened Senshi, but she would not let anyone discover the identity of Sailor Earth for as long as she had breath.
 
 
LWH (laarcae@laarcae.com)