Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Before Frieza; Vegeta in the Silver Millennium ❯ Death ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Eleven: Death

A year passed and Hotaru and Vegeta's feeling for each other grew stronger all the time. Queen Sierra and King Vegeta created a law that allowed Saiyans and Saturnians to be together. Vegeta was currently on his home planet while Hotaru was on the moon with the other princesses.

"So Hotaru, where is Vegeta?" Serenity asked as she, Hotaru and Minako made their way to the ballroom.

"He can't make it tonight. His father is insisting that he train right now." Hotaru answered.

"Oh that's too bad. I was looking forward to seeing him." Serenity said. They soon heard a voice from outside.

"What was that?" Minako wondered aloud.

"I don't know." Hotaru said as they got closer to the balcony.

"Princess Serenity!" The voice called again.

"Oh it's Endymion." Serenity said running out on the balcony. Minako and Hotaru stayed in the hall.

"What if the guards catch him? They'll kill him for sure." Minako whispered.

"No I can't let that happen." Hotaru whispered back. "I think I know a way to save him." Hotaru said before she took off running. Hotaru could vaguely hear the commotion when the guards had found Endymion. She ran until she found Endymion. He was cornered by guards who had their swords drawn. Endymion's sword was at a guard's feet. A guard was about to make the first thrust when Hotaru stepped in front of him.

"Stop this!" She demanded blocking Endymion's body with her own. "I won't let you kill him."

"He is from Earth Princess. I have been ordered to kill him on sight." The guard growled at her.

"By whom?" Hotaru questioned. "Certainly not by the queen. She does not like violence. Could not have been by Luna or Artemis. They do not give demanded like that without the queen's consent. So who gave you the order?" Hotaru demanded. The guard never answered so Hotaru took Endymion by the hand and led him away. When they were a long way away, Hotaru released Endymion's hand.

"You shouldn't have done that." Endymion mumbled as they continued walking. "You could have gotten yourself killed." Hotaru stopped and turned to him.

"I couldn't let them kill you." She replied and continued to walk. They were silent until they reached their destination, which was the throne room.

"What are you doing?" Endymion asked quietly.

"Don't worry." Hotaru answered before knocking on the door in front of them. "Stay here." Hotaru said after she got clearance to enter. She went inside where Queen Serenity and Luna were talking.

"What is it Hotaru?" Queen Serenity asked.

"I would like to speak with you privately." She answered. Luna understood and left the room.

"What can I help you with Hotaru?" Queen Serenity asked as Hotaru stayed at the door.

"Your majesty, what do you think of the prince of Earth?" Hotaru asked getting straight to the point. Queen Serenity looked at Hotaru.

"What brings this up Hotaru?" Queen Serenity asked. Hotaru opened the door motioning for Endymion to come in. Queen Serenity stiffened somewhat.

"Queen Serenity this is Endymion, prince of the earth. He has come to join us." Hotaru said glancing at Endymion out of the corner of her eye. Endymion blinked, not knowing what else to do. Queen Serenity turned her head to Endymion.

"Is this true?" She asked.

"Yes your highness." He quickly answered, kneeling down.

"Why have you decided to join our side?"

"My home planet is under siege. My parents have been slain and our best warriors have been brainwashed or killed. I am all that is left." Endymion answered clenching and unclenching his fists. Hotaru stared in disbelief. She didn't know the earth was in such bad shape.

"I understand." Queen Serenity said rising from her throne. "You may join our side but there is still much I need to know. Hotaru would you please excuse us?"

"Of course your majesty." She smiled at Endymion as she walked out.

*One hour later*

Hotaru sat at a table with Haruka and Michiru, running her finger along the bottom of her black mask.

"I don't get it. Why do I have to wear a mask and you don't?" Hotaru complained.

"Masks are for those who are under the age of eighteen. You're sixteen my dear." Michiru answered. A large boom was suddenly heard in the distance.

"What was that?" Hotaru asked. Haruka and Michiru suddenly stiffened.

"I don't know but I don't like this feeling I just got." Haruka mumbled.

"Neither do I." Michiru whispered. Hotaru shivered as a cold chill ran down her spine.

'Please do not let this mean what I think it means.' Hotaru thought as another chill ran down her back. Luna and Artemis came running through the ballroom screaming that the moon was under attack. Haruka, Michiru and Hotaru ran outside the palace to fight the incoming enemy. They transformed and were soon fighting off many warriors. Hotaru began to feel overwhelmed as she used her glaive to protect herself. 'I wish you were here Vegeta. I really need your help." Hotaru thought as she fought.

*Vegeta-sai*

"What do you mean the Silver Millennium is under attack!" Bardock shouted at the speaker in front of him.

"It's true. A being named Queen Beryl has warriors on every planet and is currently attacking the moon. Its in pretty bad shape." Bardock ran from the room.

'Serenity has strong forces but I have the feeling it's not strong enough.' Bardock continued running until he reached his son and Vegeta who were training. He ran inside.

"Father?" Kakarot said. "Something wrong?"

"Oh very wrong." Bardock answered. "The Silver Millennium is under severe attack. The moon is in a lot of trouble."

"What?!" Vegeta and Kakarot said at the same time. Kakarot thought of something.

"The moon was having a ball tonight. Everyone would be there. Even..."

"Hotaru." Vegeta suddenly had a sinking feeling in his stomach. "How long has the battle been going on?" He asked Bardock.

"A long time." Bardock answered. Vegeta cursed silently.

"Kakarot have you mastered that instant transmintion yet?" Kakarot nodded. "Take us to the moon." Vegeta ordered. "We're going into battle."

*Hotaru*

Hotaru was growing very exhausted. She had been fighting for countless hours. Haruka and Michiru had disappeared leaving her many warriors to fight on her own. Hotaru was finally able to take a breath when she had defeated all the warriors that surrounded her.

"Aw is the princess growing tired?" Hotaru whirled around and saw a man with long white hair and piercing blue eyes.

"Who are you?" She demanded getting into fighting stance with her glaive.

"Your worst nightmare. Malachite." He answered pulling out a sword.

"We'll see about that." Hotaru said before charging at Malachite. He disappeared from her sight. She stopped suddenly searching for him.

"You should always watch your back." Malachite said from behind her. Hotaru felt a sharp pain as Malachite sliced at her back. She winced and faced him. She wasn't able to get her silence shield up quick enough before Malachite stabbed Hotaru through her stomach and harshly pulled his sword back out. Hotaru fell to the ground as Malachite disappeared laughing evilly.

'This can't be. I can't die yet.' Hotaru thought as tears fell from her eyes. 'Please let this just be a dream that I'll wake up from to find myself in Vegeta's arms. Please.' She pleaded in her mind as her life force drained from her body.

*Vegeta*

Vegeta, Kakarot and Bardock arrived on the moon in a blink of an eye. They were surprised at all the dead bodies and wreckage they saw. The battle wasn't as strong as it had been.

"Split up and find out who all is dead and who survived. Kill anyone that stands in the way." Vegeta ordered and they went their separate ways. Vegeta walked trying to find Hotaru. He had found Minako lifeless and killed the warriors around her. Vegeta soon spotted Sailor Saturn's glaive. He ran for it and saw Hotaru. Her blood stained her sailor uniform and seeped from her mouth. Her eyes were closed. "Hotaru!" Vegeta shouted and ran up to her. He bent down and carefully gathered her in his arms. Hotaru's eyes slowly fluttered open.

"Vegeta?" Hotaru said in barely a whisper. Vegeta nodded and wiped the blood from Hotaru's chin and lips.

"Yes Hotaru its me." Hotaru coughed a bit.

"I am so sorry I failed Vegeta."

"Nonsense. You have not failed." Hotaru weakly shook her head.

"I was defeated Vegeta. I-I'm dying. And there's nothing I can do to stop it." Hotaru felt a trail of tears run down her face. Vegeta refused to listen.

"You'll be fine. I love you too much to let you die." Hotaru smiled feeling weaker.

"I've waited so long to hear those words. I love you too Vegeta. So much." Hotaru lifted a hand to bring Vegeta's face to her level to give him a passionate kiss. He pulled back after a moment, especially when he felt blood on his lips. Hotaru took one last deep breath. "As long as you have a heart Vegeta, I'll always be in it." Hotaru said before she closed her eyes. Her body went limp in his arms. Vegeta screamed in agony holding her closely. He turned his head when he heard a sigh behind him.

"Ah Saiyans in agony. Such a splendid sight." Standing there was a white and purple serpent like creature with a feminine male voice. "But too bad I don't have time to enjoy it." Vegeta's chest was pierced by some kind of energy beam. Vegeta fell forward still holding Hotaru close. He used the last of his energy to lay himself next to Hotaru with his arms still around her.

"Wait for me Hotaru, I'll be with you soon." He said before he died.

Soon everyone was put in an individual crystal ball including Bardock, Kakarot and Vegeta by Queen Serenity and were sent to the future to start new lives and, Queen Serenity prayed, better ones.