Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Daddy's Little Boy ❯ My Nickname Is Sport! ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: I'm back! And I'm feeling BETTER 'DAN EVER! Thank you so, so much to all of you who helped me and I am forever thankful. Thank you SO SO SO much!

These people I especially thank:

Angelfish369

MojoBubbles

SerinityRules

Burning Roses

ME

Sydney Parker

Blue Mystic Moon Warrior

MysticalWoodElf

rina

Absolutezero

Chrissy C

This chapter is dedicated to all of you! And, by the way, my style has changed a tad, so you may see some things in here that weren't here before!

Disclaimer: I don't own DragonBall Z or Sailor Moon or either of the shows characters. I do own any characters that I make up.

~*~

"Man, this stinks! I don't want to fight against little kids!" Trunks complained as he walked with Goten in front of Goku and Krillan. Gohan had been with them, but he seemed to have disappeared, and Vegeta and Piccolo walked ahead of them. "What about you, Goten?"

All Trunks got in response was silence.

Trunks looked over at his best friend, only to find him staring at his feet.

"H-hey, Goten! Earth to Goten!" Trunks called, waving a hand in front of him.

Goten blinked a few times before looking over at Trunks.

"What's up? Are you still worried about-" Trunks started.

"No." Goten said quickly. "Just thinking, that's all."

Trunks raised an eyebrow but decided to change the subject by saying, "Say Goten, your Otousan looks a lot like you."

Goten looked at him again and, to Trunks' surprise, Goten's cheeks turned a soft shade of pink.

"R-really? You think so?" Goten asked him looking back at Goku.

Trunks nodded.

"I guess there's a little resemblance."

~*~

"I'll see you in a few. I'm gonna go get changed with Krillan-san and Otousan." Trunks told Goten.

"Um, Trunks-kun? What should I talk to Papa about?"

Trunks looked up, thinking.

"Why don't you tell him about Death Phantom? I'm sure he's wonderin' where you got that cut from anyway, so you might as well tell him."

"Hmm... I'm not sure I should.."

"Hey, don't worry! It won't be that hard! Now I've gotta go!" Trunks called as he ran off.

Goten frowned after Trunks. What was he suppose to talk to his papa about? His papa and him were the only ones out in the tunnel hall (You know! That one thing where Goku and Goten were waiting for the others to come out of the dressing room!) that knew each other. Well, there was Eighteen, but Goten decided not to talk to her.

Goten's thoughts were interrupted when he felt a hand on his head. He jumped, turning around to see the smiling face of Goku.

"Whoa there, Son! Little jumpy aren't we?" Goku asked.

Goten gulped before quickly looking down at his feet.

Goku tilted his head to one side, confused, then smiled. He knelt down to meet Gotens eye level.

"So your name's Goten, huh? I see that Chi-Chi kept up the tradition with the Go's!" Goku laughed.

"Oniisan helped 'Kaasan name me." Goten told him, looking up.

Goku nodded. "I see. So do you have a nickname, Goten?"

Goten bit his bottom lip lightly, looking up at the ceiling to think.

"Well, Oniisan calls me 'Squirt' a lot."

"Squirt, eh? Hmm.." Goku said, taking in the name. "Well how 'bout I call you 'Sport'? Do you think that name works?"

"Sport...? I guess so."

"Good. Sport it is. I've got another question for you though."

Goten blinked.

"H-hai?"

"Where'd you get this cut on your neck? It looks like it hurt."

Goten's eyes widened. He was afraid that he would ask that.

"Um I-"

"We're all ready!" Trunks' voice called.

Both of the Sons' heads turned toward the other Z-senshi.

Goten sighed. He would have to thank Trunks for that later.

"'Kay! Let's all head!" Goku said as he led the group out of the tunnel hall.

Trunks poked Goten before whispering, "Hey, Goten! I'll race ya!"

Goten looked at Trunks. He smirked. Trunks smirked back, resembling Vegeta.

"You're on, Trunks-kun!" Goten whispered back, accepting the challenge.

"Ready..." Trunks started.

"Set..." Goten continued.

"Go!!" They both finished and took off.

Gohan let out a small laugh.

"Looks like they're racing again." Gohan told them.

"They're pretty good friends, aren't they?" Goku said.

Gohan nodded and said, "Yeah."

Goten and Trunks laughed as they remained even. When they got to the end of the tunnel they both came to a complete stop.

"Whoa! This place is huge!" Trunks whispered to Goten. Goten nodded in agreement.

"Jeez! Look at all of these fighters!" Krillan whispered.

"Weaklings." Vegeta muttered under his breath.

Goku and Krillan exchanged small smirks.

"Hey, Goten?" Trunks asked, leaning in toward Goten as some guy with blonde hair and black sunglasses ran up to Goku and Krillan. "So what'd ya end up talking about?"

"Hmm?" Goten blinked, taking his eyes off of all of the other fighters and looking at Trunks. "Oh, he asked me if I had a nickname and he decided that he was gonna call me 'Sport' from now on. He also asked about my cut, but you came up before I could answer. Arigatou for that. I don't know how I could've answered." Goten closed his eyes and smiled. "I'll repay you sometime."

Trunks smiled back. "Hey, don't worry 'bout it. After all, I didn't even know that I was helping!"

Goten laughed and said, "Hai that's true!"

Before Trunks could reply, the announcer said, "Would all of the children participating in the Junior Division please following this staff member here." He moved his hand to the side, pointing at a young man dressed in the orange and purple robe.

"Well, good luck you two! Have fun!" Krillan said, followed by a stifled laugh.

"Yeah, whatever." Trunks muttered under his breath. "C'mon, Goten."

Goten nodded and started to walk off with Trunks, toward the staff member, when he heard someone call to him.

"Good luck, Sport! I'll be cheering you on from the sideline!"

Goten turned his head around and saw Goku waving at him, smiling. Goten felt his cheeks get warm. He raised his hand slightly and waved back, smiling slightly.

"C'mon, Goten!" Trunks called back to Goten.

"H-Hai!" Goten answered, running to him.

'Good luck, Sport! I'll be cheering you on from the sideline!"

Goten's smile broadened.

'Papa... Arigatou.' Goten replaced his smile with a determined frown. 'Alright. This is it. I've gotta impress Papa and everyone else. And I won't let anyone, and that includes the Death Phantom, stop me!'

~*~

A/N: And that chapter is finally done! Thank you again for everyone who gave me support in my times of need. Thank you so much!

Any questions, just e-mail me, or leave them in a review.

See you next time!

~Abi-chan~