Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Serena and Trunks 5 ❯ Rubeus Flares Up ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Rubeus Flares Up
 
I do not own DBZ or SM.
 
Serena was very worried now. Not about the enemy or Trunks, but Rini. Serena wasn't stupid. Everything added up if you looked at it. Rini had come from the future and posed as her cousin; just like she did not three months ago. Rini looked like Serena, had the same hairstyle, and had the same name. And now Rini's mother's name was Neo-Queen Serenity and Serena was really Princess Serenity. Could Rini be my child from the future? She wondered. But there was still Rubeus' declaration that she wasn't in the future. Serena knew who she had to talk to she just didn't know how to go about doing it. He was barley speaking to her.
 
Serena looked at her clock and screamed. She had promised Rei to help with the others in raking leaves at the temple. Serena ran and when she got there finally Rei lashed at her with her tongue. "Look I said I was sorry," Serena said. "Whatever," Rei said and began raking again. "Rini why didn't you tell me you were leaving?" Serena snapped. "Because," Rini said. Serena glared at her and a flash of light appeared in the sky. Serena turned around and gasped, "Someone get Rini out of here it might be the negamoon." Catsy and Berti covered Rini and two strands of energy wrapped around them pulling them away and disappeared with them. Serena put Rini in Rei's closet. "Don't leave here until I come and get you okay?" Serena instructed her. The girls ran outside but Rini disobeyed Serena and followed. The girls transformed and Rini saw; although they didn't know she saw. Sailor Mercury pulled out her handheld computer and found a massive energy she guessed was the negamoon and the scouts ran towards it.
 
They found Catsy and Berti held prisoner by Avery and Prisma at a bridge. Prisma used a dark sceptre on the scouts and chased them across the bridge. The scouts attacked Prisma but her dark sceptre was to strong. Prisma then turned against Avery and attacked her. Avery fell to the ground. "Someone help Avery!" Catsy called. Sailor Moon walked up to her. "Are you alright Avery?" she asked. "Prisma's not this bad. That rod has done this to her," Avery said. "Don't worry about it Avery we'll make everything alright again," Sailor Moon said kneeling beside her. "You mean you'd help me even after everything?" Avery asked. "Of course," Sailor Moon said and smiled.
 
Trunks saw Rini running. "Hey where are you going?" he asked her. "Serena, I mean Sailor Moon's in trouble!" she gasped. "Wait you know?" Trunks asked. Rini nodded and kept running in the direction the Sailor Scouts had gone. Trunks followed her to a bridge and hid her as they watched the sailor scouts fight. He saw Sailor Moon smile at Avery and his heart panged with guilt. He used to make her smile all the time, but now she rarely smiled anymore.
 
"Avery, Sailor Moon can help you. We miss you," Berti said. "I miss you guys too and all your lovely lipsticks," Avery cried. Sailor Moon laughed a little. We need to attack her together," Sailor Mars said. "Mercury Bubble Blast!" Sailor Mercury shouted causing a fog to appear. "Venus Love Chain Encircle!" Sailor Venus shouted striking Prisma's hand and causing her to drop the rod. "Jupiter Thunder Crash!" Sailor Jupiter yelled shocking Prisma and caused her to fall to the ground. Rubeus appeared and caused the rod to create a vortex. "I'll stop this," Prisma said, "If I throw myself into the vortex it should stop the rod's power." "No it's to dangerous," Sailor Mercury said looking at her computer. Prisma didn't listen and threw herself at the vortex. Avery used her whip to wrap around Prisma's wrist and Catsy and Berti grabbed Prisma's hand. "Come on Prisma," Catsy said. "Sisters got to stick together," Berti said. "Wouldn't want you getting all the credit," Avery said. They pulled Prisma out of the vortex.
"Sailor Moon!" Trunks called. "What do you want?" she shrieked. "You need to pool your energy together and overload the rod's energy before you're sucked into another dimension," he said. "Are you crazy?!" she screamed. "I think he may be right," Sailor Mercury said pounding away at her computer. "Ready scouts?" Sailor Venus asked. "No," Sailor Moon whined. "Too bad," Sailor Mars said and pushed her in. The others scouts followed her and joined hands. "Let's do this quickly," Sailor Moon said, "Moon Crystal Power!" "Mercury Star Power!" Sailor Mercury yelled. "Mars Star Power!" Sailor Mars yelled. "Jupiter Star Power!" Sailor Jupiter yelled. "Venus Star Power!" Sailor Venus yelled. "Sailor Planet Attack!" they all yelled. Their power turned the rod to dust and they landed back on the bridge. "Sailor Moon can you heal our sisters?" Berti asked. "Of course," Sailor Moon and reached for her brooch, "Moon Crystal Healing Power!" The black upside down crescent moons disappeared from their foreheads.
 
"The Silver Crystal!" Rini gasped, "She's got the crystal!" Trunks looked down and saw the awe in her face. This isn't good. He thought. "Let's go Rini," he said and brought her back to Rei's temple. Serena came running up to the temple five minutes later. "Rini!" she panted," Oh good you're still here. Come on let's go home." Trunks watched unnoticed as Serena took Rini's hand and walked with her home, and he didn't like the smug look on Rini's face at all.
 
Serena ran home the next day because she was late. The scouts were gonna skin her for being late again. "Hi Rini!" she said happily as she passed her in the hall at home. Rini didn't say anything to her. Rini just stared at Serena. Serena threw her school clothes on her bed and quickly changed into a pink skirt and white shell top. "Bye Mom!" she yelled reaching the door. "Serena, how did your exam go?" Chichi asked. "As I expected," Serena said closing the door. "What's that supposed to mean?" Chichi sighed.
 
Serena ran to the temple and into Rei's room. "You're late!" Rei snapped as Serena sat down. "Not as late as last week," Serena said and grabbed a cookie from the middle of the table. "Serena, don't you care about Rubeus still going after Rini?" Rei asked. "Of course!" Serena said defensively, "And if I get my hands on him he'll be sorry!" Everyone looked at her with a dazed look. Serena rolled her eyes and took a nap the rest of the meeting.
 
"Hey Mom!" she yelled when she got back home. "Serena would like some pancakes?" Chichi asked. "No thanks I totally ate way to many of Lita's cookies," Serena said and went to her room. When she opened her door the window was open. "I don't remember opening the window," she said, "Better pick up." She walked over to her bed to put her uniform in the dirty clothes and noticed her locket was gone. Serena screamed louder than she'd ever screamed before. "What's the matter?" Goku said rushing to her room. "It's…It's…It's GONE!!" Serena shrieked. "What's gone?" Gohan asked coming up behind their father. "MY LOCKET!!" Serena shrieked. Chichi and Goten came into the room behind Gohan. "What?" they all asked. "Where's Rini?" Serena growled through gritted teeth. "I don't know," Chichi said stepping back from her raging daughter, "But calm down. She was here a few minutes ago helping me make pancakes." Serena looked at the open window and screamed again. "Serena, what's going on?" Molly called from the street, "the whole town can here you screaming." Serena rushed down the stairs and out of the house. "Come on Molly," Serena growled dragging her friend with her. "Where are we going? What's wrong?" Molly asked. "The flamingo nicked my locket," Serena growled. "Rini stole your locket? Where is she?" Molly asked. "I don't know, but I'm gonna find out," Serena said beginning to regain some of her composure. Serena dragged Molly out of the town and into West City and then to Capsule Corp. "Serena, what are you doing?" Molly asked concerned. Serena knocked the door down and stormed into the house. "BULLA!" Serena screamed. Everyone in the house came to the door. "Yes?" the little girl asked quietly coming forward. "Have…you…seen…that…flamingo?" Serena panted trying not to scream. "No," Bulla said scared backing away. "What's wrong? Did she run away again?" Trunks asked. "Yes…And she took my locket," Serena screamed, turned, and left, dragging Molly with her.
 
Serena and Molly walked back to Tokyo. "Molly, will you help me look for her?" Serena asked after regaining her composure. "Of course," Molly said and they split up. "Girls, Rini is missing and with my locket," Serena said into her communicator. "We're on our way," Mina said back. Serena ran to the park and looked all around but couldn't find Rini. Serena sat on a bench and closed her eyes. "If I were Rini where would I go?" she asked herself. She heard someone land lightly on the ground next to her, but didn't open her eyes. "Rubeus attacked Rini and the scouts saved her, but she ran away from them," Trunks said. "I thought Rini would go to you," Serena said finally opening her eyes. Her big blue eyes looked so sad and slightly startled Trunks. "But I guess I was wrong," Serena said, "Where could she be?" Trunks could see the tears threatening her eyes. "Let's go back to Capsule Corp. and get everyone to devise a plan," Trunks said. Serena finally looked at him. "Do you love her?" she asked. "What?" he asked taken aback. "Do you love her? Because I feel that I do no matter how much she aggravates me and I have a hunch…" Serena said but trailed off. She seemed reluctant to say what was troubling her. "Come on," Trunks said giving her his hand. She took it and the vision flashed through his mind again, but he brushed it aside and walked with her to his house.
 
When they got to Capsule Corp. it was night. "Thank goodness you're here," Bulma said when they walked through the door. "What?" they both asked. "Rini showed up and she's in a guest room," Bulma said pulling them to the room. When they got there Bulla was standing at the open window with her mouth open. "Where's Rini?" Serena demanded. "She turned her Luna-sphere into a parachute and jumped out the window when you can into the house," Bulla said. The colour drained from Serena's face and she ran out of the house. "Moon Crystal Key! Send me home to the future!" Rini shouted. Rubeus appeared and attacked Rini. A giant black crystal shaped spaceship appeared. Serena ran to Rini and picked her up. "Hand over the crystal!" Rubeus shouted. "Back off!" Serena shouted. The Sailor Scouts then appeared to fight. Serena carried Rini away and Rubeus took the scouts into his spaceship. "If you want to see your precious sailor twits again then hand over the brat and the silver crystal in three hours at the centre of Tokyo City!" Rubeus said and disappeared.
 
Serena let go of Rini and started crying. Rini looked at her and reached inside her dress. "Here," Rini said holding out her hand. Serena looked up and saw Rini giving her back her locket. Serena took it and hugged Rini. "Rini we need to talk," Serena whispered. "Serena," Trunks said as she got up and started leading Rini away. She looked at him and he felt at a loss for words so he silently followed her. "I don't understand it," Bulma mused. "What?" Goku asked. "He's smitten with Serena but he refuses to get back with her," Bulma sighed. "He has good reason," Piccolo said. "What do you mean?" Bulma asked. Piccolo didn't say anything as the three disappeared from their sight.
 
Serena took them to a park she and Trunks had once dragged Vegeta to. "I wonder why my time key hasn't been working properly," Rini said taking a tiny gold key from around a chain on her neck. "If it did you would be in the future with the Silver Crystal right?" Serena asked. Rini blushed. "Rini, let's not have any more secrets," Trunks said. "I don't know," Rini said, "These scary men snuck up on me and I don't know what happened after that." Serena and Trunks took Rini back to capsule Corp. where the Z warriors were watching the news. "Rini, why don't you go play with Bulla?" Serena said. Rini nodded and went up the stairs. "I could throttle that brat," Serena said after Rini was gone, "Ami, Rei, Lita, and Mina are in trouble all because of her." "Serena," Trunks said. "I don't want to hear it!" Serena snapped and went into the kitchen. "Leave her be," Luna said, "We have bigger things to worry about."
 
Serena looked out the window at the moonless night feeling lonely for the first time in her life. Someone had always been there for her. But now there was no one. Gohan was marrying Videl the next month. Trunks had broken up with her. Somewhere up there in the sky were her friends. She knew she couldn't give Rini to Rubeus but she couldn't let her friends suffer they were all she had left. "Maybe it will be enough if I just give him the crystal," she said looking at her locket. Serena made up her mind and walked back through the living room and out the door without anyone noticing. "Where's Serena?" Rini asked a little while later coming downstairs. "Probably still in the kitchen," Trunks said. "Who opened the front door?" Goten asked. Trunks rushed into the kitchen and back. "Serena's gone! She must have gone to challenge Rubeus on her own!" he gasped. "We have to go after her!" Luna said. "Where's Rini?" Chichi asked. "She's gone too? I would swear those two were related!" Trunks shouted. They all rushed out the house to find the two girls.
 
Serena transformed and ran to Rubeus' ship at the centre of Tokyo. "Greetings Sailor Moon and Rini," Rubeus' voice said. Sailor Moon turned around. "Rini! Get out of here!" she snapped. "No way," Rini said and they were both sucked into Rubeus' ship. "Finally Sailor Moon I can get rid of you," Rubeus said. "Alright," Sailor Moon said standing up, "If it's a fight you want then bring it on." Rini tugged on her skirt. "Listen Rini you must do as I say for once and hide," Sailor Moon told her. Rini nodded and backed away. "Come on you little sailor klutz I can't tell you how much I've looked forward to this," Rubeus laughed. "Moon Sceptre Elimination!" Sailor Moon yelled pointing her sceptre at Rubeus. He knocked her attack away and the gravity in the room became increased. Sailor Moon fell to her knees but stood back up. Sailor Moon smile to herself. She was used to this from the gravity room the others made her train in sometimes. Who'd of thought their training her might actually do some good? Not her. Rubeus increased the gravity more and more. Sailor Moon was pulled down to the ground. The ground beneath her was buckling from the increase in pressure. Very slowly with a lot of effort she was able to stand back up. "What? How?" Rubeus asked. Rini suddenly screamed and the gravity became normal. Sailor Moon looked and Rini was pulling on a giant black crystal in the floor. Rubeus shot dark energy at her knocking her down. "You're gonna pay for that!" Sailor Moon yelled and then screamed. Her eyes turned green and her hair silver and curly. "Moon Sceptre Elimination!" she yelled pointing her sceptre at Rubeus. He was so startled by her transformation that he didn't block her attack and the increase in her power knocked him into the black crystal shattering it. The Sailor Scouts appeared and the ship started shaking. Rubeus started laughing. "You better enjoy your victory because it won't last long this ship will self destruct!" he laughed. "Sailors time to teleport," Sailor Moon said. "Are you strong enough?" Sailor Mercury asked. "And we now have another person," Sailor Venus said holding Rini. "As long as I stay like this we'll be alright," Sailor Moon said, "Rini stand in the middle of us." Rini stood in the middle as the scouts joined hands. "Sailor Teleport!" they yelled collecting their energy and disappeared out of the ship.
 
"Goku get in there!" Chichi yelled at her husband when they had arrived at the centre of Tokyo city. "Alright," he said putting his fingers to his forehead. "It blew up!" Krillin exclaimed. Chichi screamed and fainted. The others felt a gigantic energy wave appear and saw the sailor scouts and Rini. Sailor Moon looked different and then they realized why. Her hair was curled and silver which could only mean one thing. She fainted and they ran to her. Sailor Venus bent down beside her and felt her pulse. "She'll be alright. She just needs to rest," she informed them. Gohan carried Serena home.