Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Shadowed Heart ❯ Memories ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer- The characters, settings, and all related terms belong to their respective owners, which coincidently is not me.

Time- AU, for both shows

Summery: She hated it, she hated them, but most of all she hated the lies; theirs and hers. The cost of her wish was her emotions, can one man bring them back or will the circle or lies continue anew?

"……" -spoken

`…'-thoughts

*It was too much. Finally after all the years of lies, all the years of lying it was over. She couldn't take it any more and she snapped. She was supposed to spend the day with her mother just the two of them, but something had come up with her brother. Something that was more important than her. And do you want to guess what this all important event was? It was a soccer game. Just like all the other ones that he played. This was what her mother had ditched her for. But it was ok. It was only one thing, right? Wrong. They had been supposed to have this shopping trip for almost a year now. So now you must be thinking that it was just a little thing. Things happen. But it wasn't just that. Her father, her wonderful loving father had been promising to take her to the park to play some baseball. He was a busy man so she had let it slide thinking that he would remember a promise, right? Wrong again. She would remind him every weekend but he was too busy with this or that. She understood, of course she did. Any daughter would. But months later she simply gave up. I mean he was just too busy. So she had done the next best thing and called all her friends. They would do something with her surly? So she had called all of her friends. Each telling her that they were busy and why doesn't she try studying to pull her grades up. Hurt that everyone thought so lowly of her she went out to the park, alone. Yes a nice walk in the park would work to calm her racing thoughts and hurt emotions. But guess what she saw while walking through the park? Give up? Her friends and boyfriend having a picnic, she gaped. `Yes they were all so busy' she thought sarcastically with a bit of sadness, `with each other.' She watched for a moment her sensitive hearing picking up the conversation. They were talking about her. How she was such a stupid incompetent brat. She watched as he boyfriend flirted shamelessly with one of her best friend. Even her outer senshi were there laughing along with the inners. Perhaps what shocked her most was that even Setsuna had taken time from the time stream for this `outing'. She trembled, rage filling every fiber of her being. She hated it, she hated them, but most of all she hated the lies. Setsuna looked directly at her sadness filling her eyes before they became guarded again, `I am sorry Princess, but it must be this way.'

Usagi ran at that point, blindly. The rage inside just kept building and she ran until she could run no more at which point she stopped. She saw the lake and walked towards it. Still trembling she fell to her knees, the rocks digging into her knees and legs. `Good' she thought sadistically, `I hope they bruise.' And she pushed more of her weight onto her knees grinding her teeth together as the pain increased. Crimson blood speckled the rocks now but she paid no mind. All she wanted was the pain. It was funny she thought, how they could cause her so much pain yet she could never truly find it in her heart to hurt them in return. Unnoticed her broach started to glow. The glow overtook her as the scenery changed into a brilliant white abyss. "My child, what has happened to you?" a soft voice asked. Blinking Usagi looked up to see a woman kneeling in front of her. "What has happened to make you feel this way my child?" the woman repeated.

"Lies," The woman cocked her head to the side almost as if asking. Visions of what had taken place just moments ago flashed before Usagi and then every other lie that she had been told. Every lie she had accepted, letting others think that she was too stupid to even see past their falsehoods. But she had, and she forgave them. Every time, but finally she was broken. The woman's eyes widened slightly as what Usagi saw she saw. How could this have happened without her noticing? She was a part of Usagi for heaven's sake. She should have known. Guilt took over the petite woman.

"What can I do to make it better?" Usagi looked at the woman, knowing without knowing that this was the soul inside the crystal, and that she could trust this woman.

"I want to leave, forever." Usagi's eyes were glazed, the only outward sign of pain. The woman paused thinking if it was within her power to grant this wish.

"It would come with a price." She replied after a moment, slowly.

"What?" Usagi asked, dazed that it was even conceivable.

"Your emotions." The woman answered plainly. Usagi looked at the woman and thought of the pain. No emotions meant no pain, but no emotions meant no happiness, no love. Ah, but no pain, such a concept.

"Can it be reversed?" Usagi asked, a small frown taking over her features. The woman's eyes shined, pride filled, glad to see that her young charge was not one to jump head first into something like this.

"Yes, but it would take a very determined and dedicated person." Usagi nodded taking this in.

"What other-" Usagi trailed off looking for the appropriate word, "side effects will this have, should I take it?" Once again pride filled her eyes.

"You will become older, and your physical appearance will change; regain all your memories as well as your locked powers."

"And knowledge of this new world, will I gain that as well?" The woman smiled.

"I will be able to give you enough to survive, all else you will have to discover on your own."

"One more thing before I accept. What will the consequences of my actions be for this dimension?"

"Memories of you shall be erased, the scouts shall remember Sailor Moon, but have no clue as to who she is. I am afraid that Pluto will still remember you but that is because she is the senshi of time, and there is naught I can do against her memories. Although I will be able to block it so that she will not be able to find you; should she break past my barriers we can rely on your changes to hide you."

"Then, I accept on the condition that should the scouts encounter an enemy they cannot handle that you allow me to come back, to help." The woman stared at her for a moment.

"You are sure?" Usagi nodded, "Very well, your condition is acceptable. It will take me a while to gather the energy for where I wish to take you and to make arrangements."

"How long will it take?" Usagi asked. She didn't want to be here any longer than she had to; just thinking of the scouts brought pain to her.

"A week, two at the most, if you find someone within that time who you can trust and wish to take with you then simply inform me. Shall we start?"

"There is no one I can trust, the sooner the better." Usagi answered determined to end the abuse that she had allowed to continue for so long.

"Perhaps," the woman replied mysteriously before continuing, "Then stand in front of me." Doing as told Usagi came to stand in front of the woman, who was the crystal, her knees still bleeding freely. The woman pressed a hand just above Usagi's heart and chanted softly in Lunarian. Usagi felt a searing pain start in the area of her heart and she screamed. The pain intensified until it forced her to her already pained knees, spreading throughout her body like a wildfire. And then just like that it was gone and she felt nothing. Standing she looked at the woman.

"It is done. You shall be able to detect emotions from others but to them you shall appear cold. Here perhaps is the only place that you can show emotions. It would not surprise me if the scouts attacked you. It will take a while for the full effects to take place." Knowledge flooded her as the woman took her hand away from her chest and wilted. Memories of what really happened in the Moon Kingdom, of the place she was to go to and a number of other things. Usagi smirked as she processed the onslaught of knowledge, the change already present.

"They wanted a changed, and they are going to get one."

"You must go now; I am too weak to support you here." Usagi smiled down at the woman kneeling on the floor.

"Thank you," Usagi paused, "for everything." She gave another smile before she disappeared from the white realm.*