Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Shadowed Heart ❯ Friends ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer- The characters, settings, and all related terms belong to their respective owners, which coincidently is not me.

Time- AU, for both shows

Summery: She hated it, she hated them, but most of all she hated the lies; theirs and hers. The cost of her wish was her emotions, can one man bring them back or will the circle or lies continue anew?

*Usagi felt a great deal calmer as she left the park that afternoon. After returning she had sat by the lake for a few minutes just taking in the new information as well as how she should act. She had decided that she would act `normally' for now. Thinking about this latest turn of events Usagi was caught unaware as she bumped into someone. `Same old Usa' She thought wearily, but something in her forced her arms to fly out and catch the flailing person. Looking up she was surprised to see two violet eyes staring at her.

Rei sighed as she walked along the sidewalk just outside the park. She had just finished her chores and was looking for something to do. She had called all her friends houses only to find that on one was home. Usagi's mother had said that there had been a note saying that she had gone to the park and thought that perhaps she could find her best friend. So deep in her thought was she that she hadn't noticed until she had bumped into someone. She squeezed her eyes closed as she felt herself lose the struggle to stay standing. Imagine her surprise when two slender arms grabbed her wrist and set her right. Startled violet eyes opened to peer into the calm cerulean eyes of her best friend.

"Usa! I was looking for you!" Rei was surprised to see her friend's eyes become bitter. Usagi blinked as she felt the emotions rolling off her friend, confusion, worry and surprise foremost. It seemed that the crystal was right. It had become a lot easier to read her friends.

"Did you have fun?" Usagi asked

"Have fun doing what? Chores? Usagi are you alright? You're not acting normal." Usagi blinked in surprise as the scene at the park came back to her. Startled she realized that Rei hadn't been there.

Betrayal still lying close to her heart she asked, "Did you know?"

"Know what? Usa, what's going on?" Worry for her friend overrode the other emotions Rei was feeling at the moment. Something serious had to happen for her friend to act like this. It was almost as if she was cold, and that just wasn't Usagi. Sensing her confusion and worry Usagi was a little relieved, but still wary.

"I'm fine. Our friends decided to have a picnic today." Rei nodded

"Yes, they called me to see if I wanted to meet them but I told them no, I had chores to do, and then I wanted to see you. I asked if you were going to be there and they told me you were busy, they wouldn't say with what though. So when I finished my work I stopped by your house. Your Mom said that you had come this way and that I might find you in the park, and here we are."

"Why did you want to find me?" Rei smiled.

"It's been awhile since it's been just us. I wanted to see if we could do something together." At this Usagi smiled. It had been awhile since they had done anything together, and she did miss the time with her friend. It was then as countless scenes of the two together that Usagi became sure of Rei's sincerity.

"Let's go somewhere quiet, I need to talk to you." Rei nodded as she fell in beside her friend.

"Should I call the others? If it's important I mean." Usagi tensed and Rei once again looked over at Usagi.

"No." Sensing that she was on a touchy subject Rei let it drop and was relieved when her friend loosed up again. Looping her arm through Usagi's the two strolled down the street arm and arm.

"So where are we going?" Rei asked after a few minutes of comfortable silence. Usagi smiled.

"Somewhere they won't look for me," was the answer. Rei didn't ask who `they' were she was starting to get an idea, but she couldn't just let the opportunity to tease her friend pass by.

"I guess that means the arcade is out, hm?" Usagi grinned feeling a bit lighter at the familiarity.

"Yup, I was thinking Tokyo Tower, it's almost sun set. I bet the view is awesome!" Said tower loomed over them, just a few blocks over and the need to run almost overwhelmed Usagi. "Race you there!" With that she untangled her arm with Rei's and dashed off.

Rei shouted, indignant as Usagi laughed. "Hey that's not fair! Get back here! Cheater!" Realizing that Usagi only got further away she took off running, laughing as well. Within minutes the two were within reach of the tower. Determined not to lose Rei grinned as she sprang for Usagi tackling her around the waist. With a squeal both teens went down. Breathing heavily the two slapped the ground as they fell, ensuring no serious damage. The two sat up still grinning.

"Seems fighting monsters did some good." Usagi grumbled jokingly. Rei's smile grew wider. It was then that the two got a good look at the other and their laughter began anew.

Finally gaining some semblance of control Rei stood up. Holding out her hand she looked down at her princess. Her eyes widened as she caught sight of the blood and guilt flooded her heart.

"Usagi, I am so sorry! I didn't mean to hurt you!" Confused Usagi followed Rei's gaze to her knees.

"Oh, it's nothing, and you didn't do it. I did."

"Did you fall? You don't usually fall that hard." Rei bent down to take a closer look at the wounds. "It looks like there are rocks in them. We should get this cleaned up, come on." Noticing Usagi's disgruntled look she smiled. "Don't want an infection now do you?" She teased.

Helping her up the two walked into the lobby. After finding a bathroom and cleaning the scrapped knees the duo finally made it up to the top, and just in time for the sun to set. Almost immediately the light mood vanished.

"Alright Usa, what's up?" Rei asked, all the previous worry and concern coming back as she noticed Usagi's scowl.

"Before I tell you I want to know how you feel about me, and, don't take this the wrong way, but where you're loyalty lies." Confused Rei came up beside her friend, deciding that this was something Usagi needed to hear and that she would get her answers after.

"My loyalty has and will always belong to you, and how I feel about you, well that's hard to say." Usagi visibly flinched before Rei continued. "I can't really put it into words adequately. You're my princess, my comrade, but most of all you're my friend, my sister. I look up to you, and admire you a great deal." Usagi's head snapped up, that was not what she was expecting. Rei smiled seeing the reaction out of the corner of her eye.

"Why?" Such a simple word, yet it seemed to ask so much.

"Why?" Rei repeated, "Why not? You're always the last one standing, always the first one up. You seem to know when some ones down and you're there to bring them back up. You love life, and you'd willingly go through hell for a friend, no matter the personal cost to you. You trust and forgive easily, and your patience is outstanding, when it needs to be, anyways. Not to mention you put up with me." Rei's had had gone out of focus long ago and now they came back. Turning her back on the sunset she rested her elbows and back against the railing as she turned to gauge Usagi's reactions to her words. "Usagi I know I don't say this often, but I love you, and I want you to know that no matter what I'm here for you." Tears filled blue eyes as Rei's arms came around her. The two hugged the sun still setting behind them and they stayed that way for a moment, just basking in the feeling. Rei pulled away slightly to look at the shorter girl.

"Now I want to know what's going on. Something happened, Usa, please tell me." The shorter girl became stiff and hugged Rei tighter. Rei could feel the tears soaking her shirt, but it was irrelevant. At first she thought that Usagi wouldn't tell her but then soft words reached her ears.

"They were at the park, all of them, all but you. Ami and Mamoru were together, I thought at first that they were just talking, but I saw the look in their eyes. They think I'm blind, I knew he didn't love me, but I thought he would at least have the nerve to tell me. They said that I wasn't fit to be leader. Haruka and Michiru thought said that they couldn't believe that I had beaten them so long ago. Oh, Rei, it wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't seen the looks in their eyes. They held so much disgust." Usagi shuddered as Rei struggled to keep her rage under control. "They said that the only reason they were around was for the future." Tears that had stopped resumed, "I didn't even like that future. Even Setsuna had taken a break from the Time Stream to attend. She laughed with them! All of them, they all laughed at me. They couldn't even say it to my face." Rei held Usagi tightly as she continued. "I'm so tired of all the lies, even my family lies to me. They all think I'm too stupid to even notice. So many times," Usagi's voice grew softer. "So many times they left me behind."

"Usa, you listen to me." Rei's voice was steel. "They know nothing. If they even thought about it, even paid attention at all during the fights they would have noticed, they would have seen what I see. Don't let them get to you, their all just jealous. I can't believe they did that." Wide blue eyes stared at her.

"You believe me?" Usagi's voice almost cracked. Rei smiled.

"Usa, I'd believe you if you said pigs were flying if you were serious about how you went about it. I might have to see the proof myself first but you've never lied to me before, and as far as this incident goes, I can see no reason for you to lie to me. Now what are we gonna do about these traitors?"

"I dunno."

"On the Moon, betrayal was punishable by death." Rei replied thoughtfully. She felt Usagi shake her head.

"I can't hurt them, even after all that. I suppose they have a right to their own opinions."

"Usagi you amaze me." At Usagi's questioning look she elaborated, "Any one else would have been after those 7 with pitchforks and torches, hell, I'm ready to go after them with a pitchfork." Usagi giggled picturing Rei chasing after the scouts with a pitchfork throwing fireballs, while wearing a pair of horns and a tail. Rei just continued with a slight smile. "But not you, sometimes I think you're too good for us, an angel in disguise almost." Usagi snorted.

"Hardly," Rei laughed the mood lighting a bit.

"Oh, and what about those wings in the last battle, hmm?" Usagi blinked and then smiled.

"That's different!" Rei just laughed.

"Come on, Odango, I'll walk you home. It's almost 8."

"You don't have to; you live in the opposite direction from me." Rei winked.

"I know." Knowing that she wouldn't win the argument Usagi took one look at the starlit sky before they both started on their way.

The walk to Usagi's house didn't take to long, and before either girl knew it they were there. Just as Usagi reached the door Rei pulled her back. "Usa, no matter what I'll be here for you." Before she could turn away she was enveloped in a tight hug.

"That means a lot to me Rei." And then the door opened as she slipped into the light.*