Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Shadowed Heart ❯ Distress ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer- The characters, settings, and all related terms belong to their respective owners, which coincidently is not me.

Time- AU, for both shows

Summery: She hated it, she hated them, but most of all she hated the lies; theirs and hers. The cost of her wish was her emotions, can one man bring them back or will the circle or lies continue anew?

I was rereading this and I noticed I made a mistake. In the last chapter I put Wednesday and it should really have been Friday afternoon and Saturday morning. The comment about school being over is due to the fact that Japanese schools go half day Saturday I believe.

Other Notes! They finally made!! Yay! Trunks and Goten will NOT be in this fic as far as I can see. But I do have a way of bringing Mirai into this, so keep voting! Speaking of voting the results for Rei's boy are as stands.

Mirai Trunks- 1

17-1

Vegeta-2

Looks like Vegeta's in the lead. Keep voting! I'll even let you vote once for each chapter! ~.^ I'm not sure when I'll stop voting but I'll let you know! Now on with the story!

*The next morning found the two best friends standing in a grove of cherry trees. Pink petals swirled around the young women. They looked around the park trying to absorb as much as possible. This truly could be the last time they would ever see this park, this place. Usagi gazed at her best friend.

"Are you sure about this? Are you sure you want to come with me?" Rei grinned.

"I'm not about to leave an Odango like you to an innocent world. Who knows what trouble you might get into?" Usagi was about to retort but Rei continued. "And I can't let you get into trouble alone, huh?" Usagi laughed as Rei winked at her conspiratorially before sobering.

"You know I won't be the same? The magic will take full effect." Rei nodded. "Is there anything you wanna do before we leave?" Rei eyes clouded slightly before a devious grin took its place. Still grinning she grabbed Usagi's hand and started to run out of the park. Usagi laughed as she trailed behind her friend.

"Rei, where are we going?" Rei continued to grin.

"It's a secret!" She answered in a sing song voice. As the girls continued on down the busy streets of Tokyo Usagi began to recognize the area.

"Rei, we wouldn't be headed towards the arcade now would we?"

"Maybe…"

"Any reason in particular?" again all she got was an illusive answer. As the arcade came into view they slowed to a walk. Looking through the windows Usagi saw a familiar black head and scowled. Rei felt her friend stiffen behind her and grinned. She pulled her in through the sliding glass doors.

"Rei, what are you up to?" Usagi could practically see the horns sprout. Rei stopped and turned around.

"Usagi while you can't seem to find it in your heart to do anything to him, I can." Usagi saw the storm brewing. "besides, I need to take out my anger out on the male race, and who better?" Usagi laughed.

"If you feel you must then I suppose I can't stop you. Although I think I'll enjoy this little show." Rei grinned before her face transformed into a mask of anger. A cloud of anger floated over her head. People scrambled out of her way as she marched up to the ignorant black haired man. Mokoti backed away from the counter and muttered incoherent warnings. Still the man was ignorant. A red aura hung in the air as the woman tapped the man on the shoulder. As he turned the first thing he saw was a fist before he momentarily blacked out. As the man fell from the chair the woman picked him up and shook him.

"Wake up you asshole, you've got some explaining to do." As she shook him again his blue eyes fluttered up in confusion.

"Rei, what the hell was that for?" The young man jerked out of her grasp and staggered to his feet. A pain in his jaw alerted him to the swollen bruise. Rei's smile turned sweet.

"Mind telling me what I missed at the picnic?"

"Oh nothing much, we were just talking about who should take the place of our current `leader'." Rei raised an eyebrow.

"Oh I wasn't aware that she was resigning." Mamoru grinned.

"Oh she's not aware that she is either." Rei's smiled sweetened.

"So you're planning on overthrowing Usa?"

"Yeah, so you're upset that you missed the rag session?"

Rei grinned, "Oh yes, so upset, but I think I can make up for it now." Before the man could respond Rei shoved her palm into his nose, delighting in the crunch she felt. Stepping back she preformed a spin kick that sent him down.

"Get up you coward. I can't believe you. After everything she's been through!" Seeing no sign of him standing she grabbed a fist full of hair and dragged him up to look in her raging violet eyes.

"Betrayal is punishable by death, you're lucky my princess is against your death. But I shall leave you forever scarred as you have scarred my princess." Quicker than the eye could see she grabbed a knife from the counter and dragged it from his forehead to chin. "My final `gift' to you, is that this world will never have to deal with your ignorance in the future." Pulling back her leg she prepared to kick him where the sun doesn't shine. Mamoru winced waiting for the pain to come but a bright light flashed and the memories of Tsukino Usagi and Hino Rei disappeared from the world.

Mamoru got up from the floor and looked around wondering what the hell just happened. Blood dripped from his nose and he reached to touch it. He winched before screeching.

"That bitch broke my nose!" Almost immediately he wondered who he was talking about. He blinked as blood dripped from his eye and moved his hand from his nose to his forehead, immediately regretting it.

"Mamoru, you should get to the bathroom, or better yet the hospital. You don't look so good." Mamoru nodded and headed towards the bathroom. Looking in the mirror he was surprised to find a long jagged cut from his forehead, over his eye and ending at his chin. Grabbing a handful of towel he pressed them to the wound deciding that perhaps he should go to the hospital. He laughed to himself thinking the wound would heal it's self in no time. Little did he know that the senshi of mars was no to be taken lightly, and the scar would haunt him for the rest of his life, reminding him of how he screwed up, while continually tormenting him with the secret of whom had given him the scar and what he had done to deserve it.

Usagi and Rei landed surprisingly on their feet. Usagi took a moment to look around their surroundings, surprised to be surrounded by forest. Before she could think on their surroundings anymore Rei suddenly pitched forward and Usagi reacted instantly. She grunted as the weight of her friend fell against her. Rei's eyes fluttered for a moment and Usagi noted that her friends normally violet eyes were now crimson. Taking this chance to observe she also noted that Rei's normally raven hair held streaks of crimson. Gently laying her down she turned to look around the forest. It was quiet about midmorning judging by the suns position.

Goku looked up sharply from his work out as two high power levels appeared seemingly out of nowhere. Without a second thought he jumped into the sky and took off in their direction certain that Vegeta would be right behind him. Honing in on the kis he turned South a bit and sped up. As he came to a stop above a thick layer of canopy he frowned. The ki seemed to be flickering as if trying to decide if it should stay visible. With a start he realized that he was directly above the owners of the kis. Silently he descended. As the trees blocked his sight he was sure he saw something silver flicker. Landing softly on the ground he noticed that obviously he wasn't quiet enough as the source of the silver stood defensively in front of what could only be seen as a crimson heap.

Usagi wearily eyed the black haired man before her. She had felt him approaching but had hoped that he would pass on by. Mentally she grumbled about her bad luck. She had a feeling that the other person approaching would be a friend of his. She cursed her luck again. Usagi grinned to herself in the privacy of her mind. Try as he might to hide his ki she could sense his full power, maybe her luck wasn't so rotten after all.

Goku studied the woman before him. Silver hair hung in two buns with streamers. Goku had to admit that the odd silver eyes of the woman before him unnerved him, almost as much as the cold glare in them did. Of course he laughed at himself. He had fought worse than this woman yet just by looking in her eyes he was unsettled. Yet his instincts told him that something about this woman should intimidate him. Never one to mistrust said instincts he kept his body tense. It wouldn't do to give her a reason to fight by getting in to a defensive stance himself, but it was also prudent not to be unprepared. It became obvious after a minute of silence that she would not be the first to speak so he took it upon himself.

"Hi! I'm Son Goku." Holding out a hand he introduced himself. Usagi didn't move and Goku sighed rubbing a hand behind his neck he became a bit more serious. "I can tell by your appearance that you aren't from around here. May I ask what you want with Earth?" Not expecting a reply he jumped when a soft voice answered.

"That is none of your concern." Her cool gaze remained on him but her stance had relaxed a bit. Nonetheless Goku could tell that should he attack her she wouldn't be caught off guard. His brown eyes hardened slightly.

"If you are here to harm it or its people in any way you should be warned that we are not defenseless." She simply raised an eyebrow.

"As I can tell by your welcoming party, I see your friend has arrived." Before another word could be said a large ball of energy came crashing through the trees. Goku's eyes widened slightly at the seemingly unprepared woman raised a hand and caught the light. Closing her hand in a graceful gesture the ball of light was gone. The woman bent down and picked up the crimson pile, now noticeably a woman and turned back to Goku as a portal opened behind her. "Tell the Prince it is rude to attack guests so." Without another word the women disappeared into the portal. Goku felt shock flood his system as Vegeta joined him on the forest floor, permanent smirk visible.

Closing his mouth slightly Goku turned to the Saiyan prince. "Vegeta that was uncalled for."

"It got rid of the menace didn't it?" he asked gruffly as he crossed his arms.

"No, actually it didn't. I think we have a serious problem on our hands."

"What? What do you mean it didn't get rid of them? You don't feel them anymore do you?"

"And that is exactly the problem. Vegeta, she caught your attack and made it disappear just as quickly. Not only that but she knew who you were without even seeing you."

"What do you mean by all that? That was one of my stronger attacks! Some onna couldn't have caught it and dispelled it! And all the races who knew who I was are long sense dead! Where did they go? They couldn't have gone far!" Goku's frustration level shot up and he closed his eyes in an attempt to calm himself. After Chichi had left him with his one year old son the Goku everyone knew had vanished, along with some of his better personality traits. Then again, he could just have been hanging around Vegeta too much. Nonetheless Goku was at the end of his rope and the Saiyan prince wasn't helping any.

"The woman said to tell the prince that it was rude to attack guests and then vanished into a portal. After that I lost track of their kis, it was almost like they had both vanished off the Earth. But that can't be. The way she said `guest' made it seem like they were going to be here for a while." Vegeta's face grew thoughtful.

"What did they look like, anything unordinary?" Goku studied his friend's features. This was certainly unlike him. Goku sighed.

"I only got a good look at one of them; all I saw of the other was crimson and a streak or two of black. The woman I was talking to before you barged in had long silver hair pulled up in a strange style." He didn't say weird; after all he'd seen some weird things before and while the hairstyle was unique, he just couldn't call it weird. "Two buns, one on either side of her head, the remaining hair was let loose in streamers. She had the most peculiar eyes. They were silver like her hair, but so cold. Even after all the villains we've faced I've never seen something so cold." He looked up at Vegeta at this point; the thoughtful look had changed to a frown. Noticing he had stopped Vegeta snapped back to reality.

"Well, keep going." At this point Goku frowned, trying to recall the image of the woman who had been in front of him moments ago. After several seconds he found it and continued.

"She was tall about 5'9" I'd say. Slender and graceful: the way she dispersed your attack and the way she picked up her comrade. It was like she was born doing it. She had the reflexes of a fighter, although you'd never know it by looking at her body. It's strange her image is flickering. It's getting harder and harder to see her." Vegeta's head shot up. Out of all the people he knew Goku had one of the best memories. Something else must be influencing his mind to make it forget so quickly. "The only thing I really remember now is her aura. It was powerful. I remember feeling intimidated despite myself, almost like I was a little boy facing a dragon, or goddess." Vegeta snorted at this point.

"Did you get anything else, a name, age, anything?" Goku shook his head.

"The only thing she told me was what I told you, and that anything else wasn't my concern." Vegeta mumbled to himself, before looking at Goku an almost confused look upon his face.

"Some of the things you say remind me of someone, but that race has been dead long ago. At this point the only two things even supporting that theory is the fact that she used a portal, and her hair style. I know for a fact that the scriptures said no one of that race could have survived." Curious Goku couldn't help but ask.

"Which race?"

"The Lunarians." Goku's eyes widened slightly again.

"But I thought they were just a fairy tale!" Vegeta looked up at Goku.

"So did, until about 5 minutes ago. I'll have to do some research just incase. We need to know who were dealing with just in case they do decide to be violent. Someone should inform the others, they can help with the research." Looking up at the sky Vegeta noticed the sun in the western portion of the sky as Goku volunteered to inform the others.

"Shouldn't you be picking up your brat, Kakarot (am I spelling this wrong, minna?)" For about the fifth time that day Goku's eyes widened, before another word could be said the Saiyan was in the sky and gone.*

Ok I don't usually add end authors notes, I figure you guys listen to me talk enough as it is in the beginning but I'm looking for someone who knows about locations, attacks, and maybe a bit about the villains of DBZ. Not to mention someone to bounce ideas off of, and to kick my butt into gear when I don't feel like writing (although you reviewers are really helpful in that department) If you'd like to apply (by apply I mean email me and see if we get along) Ja ne for now!