Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Hero ❯ 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I own zip. In manga Lita's earrings give off a sent of roses,
 
Hero
By
Firebird Phoenix
Chapter III
 
 
 
 

        Sailor Jupiter stood over Duo his eyes had a coat of what looked like a thick green mist preventing him from seeing.

"Who's there I'm warning you I'm a Gundam pilot." Said Duo trying to hide the fear in his voice, Lita nearly broke out in tears hearing his voice she could hear the fear hidden deep inside it and it broke her heart Duo could smell the sent of roses which was vary strange in a prisoners cell.

"Don't be afraid Tyrus, I'm a friend." Duo's face paled no one knew that name he'd stopped calling himself that name after his sister abandoned him there was no one who knew that one, except for one person, emotions of confusion, anger, and hurt were running wild inside Duo,

"Only one person would know that name now, Lita?" Duo said in a whisper, half in hope and half in fear, part of him wanted Lita to be there with him to save him, so they could be a family again, but the other half was afraid why she was there. How did she find him, where has she been, did she work for Oz, those questions burned in Duo's mind begging to be answered, silence consumed the room, Duo petrified she left again but glad she did in case she worked for WOJ then she wouldn't get in trouble for being there.

'It's too dangerous to be his sister now; Ken'ichi would hunt him down mercilessly.' Thought Sailor Jupiter sadly she closed her eyes blocking the tears threatening to fall

"Once you get your sight back follow the sent of roses, it will lead you out of here. Do you understand?" said Jupiter holding back tears with every ounce of her being

"How am I going to get my sight back?" asked Duo confused The Worrier's of Jupiter told him he would never get his sight back, how could this woman who ever she was change that,

"That's my job. Close your eyes."

"What?"

"If you don't want to trust me, then trust your sister." Duo shut his eyes, unsure on what was going to happen and why he trusted this woman or the fact she clamed to know his sister, he just met but felt as he'd known her all his life.

Jupiter placed her right hand finger tips on his eyes and placed a kiss on his forehead her broach opened and a soft green light shined from the crystal inside the light traveled from her broach up her arm and into Duo's eyes. For about ten seconds the eyes shined with the soft green light after the light dimmed Duo opened his eyes everything was blurry and he seen what looked like a person in a short green dress and a ponytail running out of the cell then he heard a woman's voice say.

"Please be careful Duo." After Duo's sight returned completely he slowly made his way out of the dark cell. Duo looked out into the bright hallway covering his eyes as soon as he'd seen the bright light.

"AH!" Duo shouted slowly reopening his eyes again letting them adjust to the light this time.

'I have to get out of here before the guards realize what's happened,' Duo sniffed the air and low and behold there was a faint scent of roses which seemed to strengthen as he followed it to escape.

*~~~*

Jupiter burst though the exit of the base knowing Tyrus wouldn't be far behind mobile suit parts were everywhere and arm here leg there; Jupiter jumped when a leg fell next to her, above her Ryuu just finished destroying a suit when he saw Jupiter exited the building.

"So how did it go?" Asked Ryuu behind Jupiter making her jump again

"Well I found him returned his sight he should becoming out that door in a few seconds." Jupiter changed back to her normal self much to the confusion of Ryuu

"Why did you do that?" asked Ryuu

"I don't want him to know me as Sailor Jupiter."

"Vary well. Come on get on, after he gets out I'll destroy the base and then we'll get out of here." Lita got on and they flew twenty feet above the base

"Speak of the devil." Smiled Lita as Duo exited the building she just left. Duo just exited the building and still had to shield his eyes from the light after his eyes focused he seen the Mobile Suit parts

"What happened here?" Duo headed for one of the parts when six bolts of lightning hit the base and it exploded in a blaze of fire and ash. Duo was blown ten feet from the base; He slowly got up and looked at the burning base some of the flames reached ten to fifteen feet high. Above the flames a green Japanese Dragon with a red glow from the flames sitting on the Dragon just below the head was a woman although Duo couldn't see her vary well he could make out brown hair in a high ponytail looking at him; the Dragon flew into the clouds and disappeared, he knew right away it was Lita she was the only one who had a real life dragon.

`How am I going to get to the safe house, that's where the others will be heading but it's a heck of a long walk from here, man why does this stuff always happen to me?' Duo noticed an WOJ jeep somehow survived the dragon's attack.

'Or I could just take the easy road, easy way or the hard way, hmm difficult choice.' Duo hot-wired the jeep and burned some rubber taking him as far away from the base as possible, he knew the sooner he could get back to the safe house the sooner he could start searching for Lita, if she wanted to see him. Duo drove along the quite forest road the branches from the tree casting peaceful shadow over the dirt road letting Duo mind wonder into unhappy thoughts,
`I know that it was Lita who saved me, but why didn't she stay and talk to me. I know why she didn't stay the only explanation is that's she's disgusted with me, and why wouldn't she be I'm a monster, I've killed countless people, Lita must know this if she saved me at the base why else would she leave.' Thought Duo darkly his darkest fears taking a hold of his mind crushing the joy he felt from seeing his sister again.

*~~~*

Duo finely reached the safe house hoping his friends hadn't made it there yet he didn't want to be bothered with anyone right now, the house was a simple white two story house with a red roof it looked about twenty- five years old of course that was only the cover of the house underneath was a large hanger containing there rebuilt Gundam's. Duo thought he would never have to once pilot his again, he become a killer again he no longer considered himself Shinnigami, he stopped calling himself Shinnigami after a dream he had not long after he destroyed his old Gundam.

Flashback:

Duo was fighting a great battle with his Gundam against a platoon of Mobile Dolls they were no match for him he sliced through them like a hot knife through butter, the wreckages of the Dolls lay burning on the field Duo stood outside his Gundam he stood triumphant on top of the wrecked Dolls laughing as he yelled into the air.

"I am the great Shinnigami no one can defeat me!" An eight year old girl walked up behind Duo, he turned and pulled his gun, it was his sister Duo dropped his gun and looked into the girls' eyes, and they were filled with disappointment.

"What happened to you Duo? I thought I taught you better then this? Why do you take so mush pleasure in killing? No one has the right to take a life they are to precious." She said

"They are the enemy." Responded Duo with a chilling almost evil voice, a little child appeared before Duo and a gun in Duo's hand.

"Kill the boy Duo." She said with a voice as chilling as his own.

"What?! I can't, he's only a child I can't kill him." Duo said with a shocked voice throwing the gun away.

"But he is the enemy don't you kill the enemy?" she asked. Duo gasped he tried to speak but nothing came out,

"No I won't take his life!" Duo said shaking his head. An older man appeared before Duo beside the boy about twenty or so, wearing an Oz pilots uniform

"Then what makes him any different? He was a child too once why does he deserve to die but not the boy aren't they same?" she asked tilting her head to the side slightly, Duo grabbed his head and fell to his knees begging her to stop, the boy and man vanished only leaving Duo and his sister.

"Why are you doing this to me?" Duo asked with tears of pain filling his eyes

"To make you see." She walked up to Duo he looked up into her eyes,
"Make me see what?"

"What you have become. My destiny can't be helped but yours can, you can still change you don't have to kill anymore you don't have to be a soldier. Our time is running out remember what I've told you and what you've seen here this dream, please be happy good-bye."

As she vanished Duo was engulfed in a soft warm green light, Duo woke up in a cold sweat breathing heavily Duo looked around he was in his an apartment on L2 next to the Maxwell Church Memorial, a beautiful garden built where the old church stood in the center of the garden was a fountain shaped like a Japanese Dragon flying into the clouds three feet next to the fountain was a Chinese Blossom Tree. After the garden was finish was mysterious red rose bush which grew over night if they cut it down or tried to dig it up it would grow back over night after several try's they brought in a medium. She told them that a powerful, ancient being was watching over the garden, the Dragon fountain and the rose bush were her symbols of protection. Duo got out of bed to get a glass of water.

'It was only a dream it wasn't real.' Duo kept trying to convince himself it wasn't real that it was only a dream but it didn't work every time he tried he would hear his sisters words echo in his head.

End Flashback:

Duo opened the door to the house it was dark inside there were few signs of life, dirty dishes and the like, he heard the safety of a gun click off, the lights turned on the other Gundam pilots had surrounded him and were ready to shot.

"Duo how did you make it out?" said Quatre relieved his friend was all right

"I had help." Duo said with sadness he walked straight to his room. Weeks had past Duo never left his room not even to prank Wufei, the guys were getting worried for there hyper friend he just sat in his room and stared out the window, once when Quatre was bring him his food Duo spoke.

*~~~*

End Chapter: what did Duo say to Quatre? What is going to happen to Duo is he going to remain in his room and dwell in his misery? And what if the boys will they ever find out why Duo is so unhappy? Stay tuned for the next chapter of Hero and find out. And Please Review. And I want to thank all my readers.